Page 894 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3947948448848928938948958969049449941394 ... LastLast
Results 17,861 to 17,880 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Asymptomatic spread is not a lie. Perhaps a better term would be pre-symptomatic spread. Covid, just like the flu, does a lot of its spreading before symptoms appear.

Whether masks are helpful in preventing this spread is a different questions. But since the cost of wearing a mask was basically nothing, I wore one until the CDC advice did not require me to wear one.

Masks is something I always thought was a bizarre hill to die on.
    My understanding is that there is not one scientific study which shows asymptomatic spread is real. The only studies about spread are talking about how droplets carry the virus to new hosts.

Fauchi saying the masks were pointless during this time summarizes all scientific research at that point in time on the topic.

And the idea that a mask would stop this aerosol spread is even more preposterous as indicated by fauchis response.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Asymptomatic spread is not a lie. Perhaps a better term would be pre-symptomatic spread. Covid, just like the flu, does a lot of its spreading before symptoms appear.

Whether masks are helpful in preventing this spread is a different questions. But since the cost of wearing a mask was basically nothing, I wore one until the CDC advice did not require me to wear one.

Masks is something I always thought was a bizarre hill to die on.
    What's sad is that thethe doesn't get it. He doesn't realize that's how it spreads. When I had Covid I spread it around before I showed a symptom as neither my girlfriend's parents were around me when I was symptomatic. And I mean at all symptomatic. Didn't even have the sore throat around them.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What's sad is that thethe doesn't get it. He doesn't realize that's how it spreads. When I had Covid I spread it around before I showed a symptom as neither my girlfriend's parents were around me when I was symptomatic. And I mean at all symptomatic. Didn't even have the sore throat around them.
    Yeah. You know what you’re talking about. Just label it a conspiracy theory for the cherry on top so I know I’m right.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    My understanding is that there is not one scientific study which shows asymptomatic spread is real. The only studies about spread are talking about how droplets carry the virus to new hosts.

Fauchi saying the masks were pointless during this time summarizes all scientific research at that point in time on the topic.

And the idea that a mask would stop this aerosol spread is even more preposterous as indicated by fauchis response.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7392433/

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_ur...=1&oi=scholarr

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/4/20-4576_article

There's a difference between asymptomatic spread and presymptomatic spread. If you have asymptomatic Covid, the science is weaker about spreading. It can't be concluded it doesn't happen but the evidence isn't as strong.

Presymptomatic transmission is a huge risk with Covid. There is good evidence there. This isn't surprising. It's the rule, not the exception with such viruses. Presymptomatic spread is almost necessary for a virus to spread quickly as symptomatic people have warning to isolate.

As for masks, there's some evidence about limiting the spread of droplets and droplets are a known way of spreading Covid. Whether that helps limit the viral load that's transmitted or not is a different question. The evidence there is less clear.

As for Fauci's statements early on, there was fear that advising mask wearing early would have people feel safe to go out in public. At that time we had very little knowledge of what viral load was needed to contract covid and such. So going out with a mask early on was not advised because going out wasn't advised.

I don't know if masks are effective or not. But they don't hurt so I see no reason why they shouldn't have been used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The whole point of the mask debate is that there is almost zero evidence which shows it prevents non droplet spread which makes the argument for universal mask wearing moot.

I don’t think any reasonable person has said that a symptomatic person should not wear a mask.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Yeah. You know what you’re talking about. Just label it a conspiracy theory for the cherry on top so I know I’m right.
    I mean I literally lived it. I guess everything to you is a conspiracy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The whole point of the mask debate is that there is almost zero evidence which shows it prevents non droplet spread which makes the argument for universal mask wearing moot.

I don’t think any reasonable person has said that a symptomatic person should not wear a mask.
    Except as striker pointed out, you're infectious at least 2 days before you show a symptom. Again, literally lived this with my life. There were probably a few people who were saved from getting COVID because I was wearing mask and they were wearing a mask, the only people who got it were the people inside my circle, as we all worked in the same office.

You're essentially arguing because something doesn't work all the time, why bother using it. Which is stupid.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Almost 70% of the country has at least one vaccine dose and covid cases are the lowest they've been in America since last March 30. Seems to make sense that the activity in this thread might be decreasing, and we can all be thankful for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Except as striker pointed out, you're infectious at least 2 days before you show a symptom. Again, literally lived this with my life. There were probably a few people who were saved from getting COVID because I was wearing mask and they were wearing a mask, the only people who got it were the people inside my circle, as we all worked in the same office.

You're essentially arguing because something doesn't work all the time, why bother using it. Which is stupid.
    Only that no study shows masks are effective at stopping aerosol spread. So you’re arguing something I’m not saying which is a tell tale sign.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    Almost 70% of the country has at least one vaccine dose and covid cases are the lowest they've been in America since last March 30. Seems to make sense that the activity in this thread might be decreasing, and we can all be thankful for that.
    I’m thrilled those at risk are protected now.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Only that no study shows masks are effective at stopping aerosol spread. So you’re arguing something I’m not saying which is a tell tale sign.
    You literally said

"I don’t think any reasonable person has said that a symptomatic person should not wear a mask."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I guess you don’t know what aerosol spread means.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    You'd think the revelation that it was quite plausibly created in a lab and the government, media, and big tech spent a year censoring debate on the topic would be of interest to some folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    There is no evidence of mask effectiveness and yet masks were mandated nationwide and are still a religious cult to many people

The burden of proof is on the government mandating your rights away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    There is no evidence of mask effectiveness and yet masks were mandated nationwide and are still a religious cult to many people

I’m amused by the argument that there is no downside of wearing masks while we have children now afraid to go near anyone without wearing a pointless piece of cloth.

You were all duped. The sooner you admit to the sooner we can move on as a sane society.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts

I for one wasn't talking about mandates. I have been an advocate of voluntary mask wearing, especially before the vaccine. I just don't see a downside for individuals to choose to wear one. Even if it just reduces transmission by a small amount, that massively outweighs the virtual zero cost of wearing one. So for me it has generally been a choice I've made as my area never had a mandate. I just felt the potential benefits outweighed the zero cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I for one wasn't talking about mandates. I have been an advocate of voluntary mask wearing, especially before the vaccine. I just don't see a downside for individuals to choose to wear one. Even if it just reduces transmission by a small amount, that massively outweighs the virtual zero cost of wearing one. So for me it has generally been a choice I've made as my area never had a mandate. I just felt the potential benefits outweighed the zero cost.
    Zero cost is plain wrong. If you want something tangible then how about the environmental impacts of these masks being thrown all over the place?

The real damage though is psychological and what we have done to our poor children.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    lol You really are a troll. We all are still waiting on all this evidence you keep talking about. All we ever get is accusations and this boogeyman approach to the CCP. None of you who believe this crap ever present any evidence. It's always just layers and layers of bull****. Meanwhile, people who are actually researching this **** keep presenting evidence, and you are just too stupid and/or brainwashed to understand it. I would much rather be naive, I have to say.
    Just leaving this here for later reference whenever Dalyn has the balls to admit he was wrong.

Who is brainwashed again?

Who is the stupid one again?

They say jump and you ask how high. Sucks to live like that.
    Last edited by thethe; 06-02-2021 at 02:34 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Ahh yes the tolerant lefty tolerating physical violence.

Why do you think that, though? Specifically
    I guess goldy is gonna do his usual thing and run away when asked for specifics