Page 17 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    It was openly disrespectful, unprofessional and over the top immature.
    And he apologized and promised to whatever he could to make amends.

Isn’t that enough? I find it weird that everyone wants a pound a flesh.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Anyone doing this needs their ass kicked. I dont care if they have it or not. He should never be allowed in an NBA building again. Maybe he can start a comedy tour since he thinks this is all a joke.
    I mean almost 80 peecent of my FB feed is people slamming the liberal media and dumb companies for overreacting to a virus that "is no worse than the flu." I literally can't count how many times I've read that lie, yet Trumpers seem to all be spouting this trash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    And he apologized and promised to whatever he could to make amends.

Isn’t that enough? I find it weird that everyone wants a pound a flesh.
    His agent or somebody wrote him a press release. I don't believe those words came out of his brain, nor do I believe you can be the kind of person to show that kind of public disrespect for people and then turn around in a few hours and be that contrite. So for now, I vote no on parole.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    What does the coronavirus mean for the U.S. health care system? Some simple math offers alarming answers

As of March 8, about 500 cases of Covid-19 had been diagnosed in the U.S....We can expect a doubling of cases every six days, according to several epidemiological studies....we are looking at about 1 million U.S. cases by the end of April; 2 million by May 7; 4 million by May 13; and so on....What does a case load of this size mean for health care system? That’s a big question, but just two facets — hospital beds and masks — can gauge how Covid-19 will affect resources....At a 10% hospitalization rate, all hospital beds in the U.S. will be filled by about May 10. ...As masks become a scarce resource, doctors and nurses will start dropping from the workforce for weeks at a time, leading to profound staffing shortages that further compound the challenges....Individuals and governments seem not to be fully grasping the magnitude and near-inevitability of the national and global systemic burden we’re facing. We’re witnessing the abject refusal of many countries to adequately respond or prepare.

We may see "Death Panels" after all when there aren't enough respirators to go around, nor places to put them.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-14-2020 at 06:40 AM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    UK pursuing a strategy of herd immunity. Very controversial but not without a certain logic. Ultimately the results will vindicate. Or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    The idea is to socially isolate those who are vulnerable but not the young and healthy. Let the young and healthy be exposed to the virus. If a large enough proportion of the population develop immunity future outbreaks become less likely. That's the broad idea, but the devil is in the details.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-14-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    His agent or somebody wrote him a press release. I don't believe those words came out of his brain, nor do I believe you can be the kind of person to show that kind of public disrespect for people and then turn around in a few hours and be that contrite. So for now, I vote no on parole.
    Fundamentally disagree with you on every point.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-15-2020)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Fundamentally disagree with you on every point.
    I agree. Until Wednesday most people in this country were not taking this seriously outside of the few known hotspots. **** got real...really fast.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The idea is to socially isolate those who are vulnerable but not the young and healthy. Let the young and healthy be exposed to the virus. If a large enough proportion of the population develop immunity future outbreaks become less likely. That's the broad idea, but the devil is in the details.
    WHO has criticized the UK government. But I think they have a good approach.

But again, I am a fatalist

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    WHO has criticized the UK government. But I think they have a good approach.

But again, I am a fatalist
    WHO also only declared it a pandemic until this week. lol

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I agree. Until Wednesday most people in this country were not taking this seriously outside of the few known hotspots. **** got real...really fast.
    Exactly.

It’s completely unfair to make one person the whipping post for the entire world, especially when the one person is a victim.

It was immature and irresponsible, but forgiveable.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Exactly.

It’s completely unfair to make one person the whipping post for the entire world, especially when the one person is a victim.

It was immature and irresponsible, but forgiveable.
    He should be given death sentence or deported and have his visa revoked.
    Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    What a picture. Dude is selling hats on the forefront of a national emergency.

Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    It should be treated as an assault for each persons stuff he touched with the intention of spreading it. I dont care if he did not think he had it. You can have it and spread it before you even have symptoms. He heard the safety precautions needed to take and actively decided "wouldnt it be funny if I did the exact opposite of what we are told is safe"? Well no, its not funny. I can appreciate trolling but people like this are why we cant have nice things.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    It should be treated as an assault for each persons stuff he touched with the intention of spreading it. I dont care if he did not think he had it. You can have it and spread it before you even have symptoms. He heard the safety precautions needed to take and actively decided "wouldnt it be funny if I did the exact opposite of what we are told is safe"? Well no, its not funny. I can appreciate trolling but people like this are why we cant have nice things.
    “Rudy Gobert is donating more than $500,000 to support both the employee relief fund at Vivint Smart Home Arena and COVID-related social services relief in Utah, Oklahoma City and within the French health care system.“

Looking forward to your take on this.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    It’s not assault if it was an accident. Dudes a moron and an idiot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    “Rudy Gobert is donating more than $500,000 to support both the employee relief fund at Vivint Smart Home Arena and COVID-related social services relief in Utah, Oklahoma City and within the French health care system.“

Looking forward to your take on this.

I think that is the right way to apologize. I dont know how his finances but I think it should be a lot bigger check but realistically it is a lot for what I would have expected. Donating like 50k to me would have just been insulting. I havent looked into it anymore than whats been posted here so I dont know what the general public reception was/is but I assume the PR value for him is far greater than 500k. So I applaud the move, still think he is a piece of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    It’s not assault if it was an accident. Dudes a moron and an idiot.
    I wouldnt blame him for an accident. He delibrately did the opposite of saftey precautions we were all asked to take to prevent the spread of the virus because he thought it was funny. If he didnt do that **** and somehow he infected the stuff just from giving the interview and it got people sick thats an accident. That he did it as a joke in my opinion shows that he knew what he was doing.

It’s over."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I think that is the right way to apologize. I dont know how his finances but I think it should be a lot bigger check but realistically it is a lot for what I would have expected. Donating like 50k to me would have just been insulting. I havent looked into it anymore than whats been posted here so I dont know what the general public reception was/is but I assume the PR value for him is far greater than 500k. So I applaud the move, still think he is a piece of ****.

I wouldnt blame him for an accident. He delibrately did the opposite of saftey precautions we were all asked to take to prevent the spread of the virus because he thought it was funny. If he didnt do that **** and somehow he infected the stuff just from giving the interview and it got people sick thats an accident. That he did it as a joke in my opinion shows that he knew what he was doing.
    I hear you but in the courts it isn’t assault. For an assault you have to make a Conscious effort to do something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    What part of rubbing your hands all over other peoples stuff specifically because you were told not to do that isnt a conscious effort?

It’s over."

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    What part of rubbing your hands all over other peoples stuff specifically because you were told not to do that isnt a conscious effort?
    All he has to say is trump said it's just the flu