Page 22 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432721225221022 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    By the way much of the research analyzing this new virus comes from Chinese scientists.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...952v1.full.pdf
    Wonder how many of them will be killed.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Oh how I've missed thethe's insane conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    How about dispelling media lies such as the pandemic response unit being removed. I see that was raised here and yet not the correction.
    Media reports in 2018 that pandemic response directorate was dissolved and rolled into other departments. Probably a John Bolton decision to "streamline" things. Scads of later reports references this uncontested news story from 2 years ago.

May 10, 2018 at 4:32 p.m. EDT

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.
    John Bolton's BFF, Tim Morrison, a man who is now being directly criticized since one of his many responsibilities at NSC was "biodefense," cries foul and says that the media is lying. The department wasn't disbanded; it was consolidated.

It is true that the Trump administration has seen fit to shrink the NSC staff...

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense.
    Morrison, who actually wasn't in the White House when the actual "consolidation" occurs, thinks we should feel reassured because since he left office 5 months ago, the president has fired anymore Biodefense people.

The reduction of force in the NSC has continued since I departed the White House. But it has left the biodefense staff unaffected
    I mean, yes, the actual team was disbanded because it was considered "bloat," and the Admiral in charge left the administration, and there was no longer a dedicated senior Administration Official solely tasked to this issue, BUT THE MEDIA IS LYING because they didn't tell you that warhawks like John Bolton and Tim Morrison were totally still aware that this was their responsibility.

Also GLOBALISM AND ROBERT MUELLER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    So the function wasnt removed at all? Great we agree the media lied again trying to capitalize on a global pandemic to 'get' Trump.

Lol at anyone thinking the Mueller probe was valid. I guess you didnt mind notes from the Flynn case were lost right. Wasnt this one of my 'crazy' conspiracy theories that of course has come to be the truth.

And yeah...globalism has proven to be an abject failure. It's been propped up by people profiting off of the CCP. So sure, keep pushing your enlightened stance and bow down before your communist masters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    NY update (3/17)

The COVID-19 outbreak in New York state has spread to about 1,700 people, hospitalizing 19% of them and killing at least 12, state officials announced Tuesday.

They said the number of cases will continue to rise as the state receives more test results.

The state is scrambling to expand its hospital capacity to handle an influx of cases before infections peak there, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said at a press conference in Albany. New York has 53,000 hospital beds and 3,000 ICU beds, far short of what state health officials are predicting will be needed, he said. They estimate the state will need 18,600 to 37,200 ICU beds and at least 55,000 hospital beds at the peak of the outbreak across the state, which he predicted will take about 45 days.

“That, my friends, is the problem that we’ve been talking about since the beginning of this exercise,” Cuomo said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/new-...19percent.html

I thought New Yorkers were tough. 19% hospitalization is what I'd expect from Californians. I will have to reconsider one of my most dearly held stereotypes.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-17-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Remember, the most important thing in a time of crisis is to reassure ourselves how perfect Trumps response was.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Good to see the board trumpkins are out in full derp-force haha.

I love how it went from a hoax to crisis in trumpland in about a week's time...and now trump is handling it better than any leader in the history of the world. No trumpkins seem to realize the very talking heads calling it a hoax were putting their own demographic at risk...they just...can't...rub two brain cells together in any situtation.

I swear, you can't make up this kind of stupid, and it is exceedingly amusing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    "A lot of people say it will go away in April, with the heat."

"It's going to disappear one day, like a miracle."

"It will go away, just stay calm."

"President Xi is doing a really good job."

complacency aka chosen one is a pandemic's best friend

reality trumps alternative facts...what a surprise
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-17-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Good to see the board trumpkins are out in full derp-force haha.

I love how it went from a hoax to crisis in trumpland in about a week's time...and now trump is handling it better than any leader in the history of the world. No trumpkins seem to realize the very talking heads calling it a hoax were putting their own demographic at risk...they just...can't...rub two brain cells together in any situtation.

I swear, you can't make up this kind of stupid, and it is exceedingly amusing.
    Peddling more fake news that the virus was called a hoax?

Actually some of the first to ring the bell (cernovich/poso) are considered trump populists.

The left made it like it was no big deal and even called the china ban unnecessary.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Peddling more fake news that the virus was called a hoax?

Actually some of the first to ring the bell (cernovich/poso) are considered trump populists.

The left made it like it was no big deal and even called the china ban unnecessary.
    Wait...are you seriously trying to claim faux news talking heads weren't calling it a hoax? They weren't saying it was a tactic from the left against your orange hero?

I knew you were stupid and hopelessly optimistic about the Braves, but I didn't realize you were completely detached from reality in all matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Wait...are you seriously trying to claim faux news talking heads weren't calling it a hoax? They weren't saying it was a tactic from the left against your orange hero?

I knew you were stupid and hopelessly optimistic about the Braves, but I didn't realize you were completely detached from reality in all matters.
    I watch tucker Carlson and that's it on Fox. I hope he runs for president. He has been alarmed about this from the beginning. But, if you have evidence that someone on fox called the virus a hoax I'll admit you are right.

In the meantime, here is some great decision making but the left:

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    LOL...love it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Shocker....make a claim and then dont back it up but instead make a useless statement to try and feed your superiority complex.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Holy hell you are dumb...just a dumb hillbilly who has been wrong every time he posts here...about everything...here goes...

Trump did not halt all travel to China. He stopped non-US citizens from coming over. The problem? US citizens coming back brought it to the US as early as Jan 19, and he probably came earlier than that. Too little, too late.

The fact he didn't stop US citizens from going, but instead targeted non-citizens, is the very definition of being xenophobic. As is calling it the "Chinese Flu".

At a rally on Feb 28 your boy said, "The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," Trump said. "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. ... They tried anything. ... And this is their new hoax."

Why would he impose a travel ban, and then call it a hoax? Does he think you trumpkins are too stupid to notice? Let me guess...fake news?

He does, and he was right. You are too stupid to notice. Your head is so far up his ass you can smell the bronzer.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 03-17-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Holy hell you are dumb...here goes...

Trump did not halt all travel to China. He stopped non-US citizens from coming over. The problem? US citizens coming back brought it to the US as early as Jan 19, and he probably came earlier than that. Too little, too late.

The fact he didn't stop US citizens from going, but instead targeted non-citizens, is the very definition of being xenophobic. As is calling it the "Chinese Flu".

At a rally on Feb 28 your boy said, "The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus," Trump said. "One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. ... They tried anything. ... And this is their new hoax."

Why would he impose a travel ban, and then call it a hoax? Does he think you trumpkins are too stupid to notice?

He does, and he was right. You are too stupid to notice. Your head is so far up his ass you can smell the bronzer.
    It was very clear the 'hoax' was the left criticizing the response. You know this too because you are a smart guy but it's just easier to live in orange man bad world.

We should never restrict travel from US citizens. They need to be properly screened and reviewed when they return so it makes perfect sense to do that. Any american has a right to be in america. It was the furthest thing from xenophobia but I know this is all the left has in the face of the world seeing that borders are important.

What happened to saying fox said it? Man, you change fast when you're wrong. It's all good. I forgive your ignorance. It's very often found on the left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    And if you want me to post rebalancing trades in my 401k into principal guaranteed money markets over a month ago I'd be happy to share. Because I dont care for MSM and have great twitter followers I knew this was going to be massive for a long time.

But it's all good. You do you encheff.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    LOL how many examples do you need? Here's the very first one on google...

https://tvline.com/2020/03/14/trish-...onavirus-rant/

Seriously, you are the single dumbest person on these boards, and you prove it time and time again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    LOL how many examples do you need? Here's the very first one on google...

https://tvline.com/2020/03/14/trish-...onavirus-rant/

Seriously, you are the single dumbest person on these boards, and you prove it time and time again.
    Have no clue who she is but glad she would be taken off the air after making such a dangerous comment.

I guess that means fox is good now?

Oh no...you called me dumb. Heart is broken.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    As someone who has criticized Trump’s handling of COVID, I think his administration has done a good job this past week. That seems to be the consensus from local and state governments as well. Dr. Fauci, specifically, deserves a medal. He’s been very impressive.

The news focuses on the outliers, but overall I have noticed in my community and social media network that people are taking the Quarantine very seriously. I’m worried that more needs to be done to set expectations about the economy for the next 1-1.5 years. It’s going to really hurt some people.

It’s important to keep in mind how incredible it is that we are technologically, medicinally and economically able to weather something like this. Already so many lives have been saved and there is really optimistic signals out of Asia. We are very fortunate to live in the times we do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    As someone who has criticized Trump’s handling of COVID, I think his administration has done a good job this past week. That seems to be the consensus from local and state governments as well. Dr. Fauci, specifically, deserves a medal. He’s been very impressive.

The news focuses on the outliers, but overall I have noticed in my community and social media network that people are taking the Quarantine very seriously. I’m worried that more needs to be done to set expectations about the economy for the next 1-1.5 years. It’s going to really hurt some people.

It’s important to keep in mind how incredible it is that we are technologically, medicinally and economically able to weather something like this. Already so many lives have been saved and there is really optimistic signals out of Asia. We are very fortunate to live in the times we do.
    If a vaccine can be developed before the second wave hits I think business will come back.

This virus will also propel a restricting of the supply chain and encourage more businesses not only in the states but in all of north America. Long term that will be for the best.