Page 23 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If a vaccine can be developed before the second wave hits I think business will come back.

This virus will also propel a restricting of the supply chain and encourage more businesses not only in the states but in all of north America. Long term that will be for the best.
    Other silver linings I have thought about the past few days:

- Stock Buy Backs: I need to do more research on the topic but initially, it seems like companies will be more tepid when it comes to stock buy backs, which seems prudent.

- Bipartisan support for increased health care infrastructure and vaccine research

- Better awareness regarding hygiene and disease mitigation (no more high fives please)

- More appreciation for healthcare providers

- For the moment at least, a little less political polarization

- Increased attention on the dangers of China’s authoritarian government (this isn’t about “China Virus”. That government is the most dangerous in the world and hopefully this puts more pressure on them to be more transparent).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-19-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    We need to do a better job distinguishing the Chinese government from Chinese citizens. Let’s face the facts, China is a likely starting point for future pandemics primarily due the population size (we could argue other lifestyle nuances but that’s beside the point).

It’s critical for the world that the Chinese government is held to higher standards than what they currently are. We could have significantly mitigated this outbreak if they were better actors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Other silver linings I have thought about the past few days:

- Stock Buy Backs: I need to do more research on the topic but initially, it seems like companies will be more tepid when it comes to stock buy backs, which seems prudent.

- Bipartisan support for increased health care infrastructure and vaccine research

- Better awareness regarding hygiene and disease mitigation (no more high fives please)

- More appreciation for healthcare providers

- For the moment at least, a little less political polarization

- Increased attention on the dangers of China’s authoritarian government (this isn’t about “China Virus”. That government is the most dangerous in the world and hopefully this puts more pressure on them to be more transparent).
    CCP will never be transparent. The free nations of the world need to impose economic sanctions in the form of moving the supply chain to north america. The only way for a more democratic state to exist is the people overthrowing the ruling class. They will never give up their power.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We need to do a better job distinguishing the Chinese government from Chinese citizens. Let’s face the facts, China is a likely starting point for future pandemics primarily due the population size (we could argue other lifestyle nuances but that’s beside the point).

It’s critical for the world that the Chinese government is held to higher standards than what they currently are. We could have significantly mitigated this outbreak if they were better actors.
    There is a cultural element that matters and should be discussed but ultimately this would have been resolved much faster of like you said china was more transparent.

But, they did what they did and killed dissidents.

So glad that the US media is holding their water though. Whew....not all heros wear capes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    I watch tucker Carlson and that's it on Fox. I hope he runs for president.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    So glad that the US media is holding their water though. Whew....not all heros wear capes.
    I'm actually confused about about this part of your conspiracy theory. Which part of the recent news is Chinese propaganda?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    I'm actually confused about about this part of your conspiracy theory. Which part of the recent news is Chinese propaganda?
    How about the articles in the NY Times regarding how China handled the virus better than the west?

How about this absurd notions that we dont call viruses based on their geographic origin?

How about the endless articles about how tariffs would slow the economy and pass costs to the consumer although no evidence of that exists?

You're just going to pretend this doesnt happen? That chinas government doesnt make large contributions to political campaigns (hello Clintons) or large media conglomerates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    Better than any candidate running. I'd happily vote him over trump. Tucker's principles are the framework of what the new conservative party will look like.

America first
    Family first

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

That’s why I’m shocked that so many Western Countries are going with Huawei technology. It shouldn’t take a clairvoyant to see what’s going to happen there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    How about the articles in the NY Times regarding how China handled the virus better than the west?

It's a point of view and very debatable. China did things, Draconian for sure, that have slowed the spread that the west can't.

How about this absurd notions that we dont call viruses based on their geographic origin?

Yes, it's absurd, stupid, wrong-headed and in this case purely political and xenophobic to name this virus from is geographic origin.
    Glad your lunacy is back to keep us all centered.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-17-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    America first
    Family first
    Could you explain how "family first" works.

So paid holidays and sick leave to take care of my family? And men who cheat on their wives will be severely punished?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    He needs to evaluate which scenario hurts trump the most before he answers.

Never thought I'd see people here carrying the boots of the CCP.

Pathetic.
    What's pathetic is you had no problem with Trump "carrying the boots", not sure if that's an actual expression, of Putin. Carrying the water?

Trump and the White House have had 2 months to get a cohesive response together and put it into action. Now with everyone banging drums around them they finally wake up to the reality of the situation. It's been an extremely pitiful response thus far in both messaging and actual help.

For chrissakes a HS kid in Seattle started a website tracking the virus 3 months ago. Criticism of Trump is not CCP propaganda.

https://ncov2019.live/data
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-17-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Trumps biggest issues have been proven to be right. The biggest being our media are enemies of the peope that are happily pushing China communist propaganda as are people on this forum. That is truly sad.
    Your brain is still completely infected by Trumpvirus. Whatever you've been doing to recover isn't working.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Mnuchin exposing himself for being an Undercover Deep State agent who is saying things like this to hurt Donald's re-election chances. Whoever hired Mnuchin should have thoroughly vetted him more if they didn't see this coming.

Why is Mnuchin causing hysteria like this, I thought only the media was doing that about corona.

Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    lol

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-appointees-trained-pandemic-response-in-2016-2020-3?

"One member of Trump's Cabinet, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, reportedly dozed off, and others questioned why they had to be there."
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    lol

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-appointees-trained-pandemic-response-in-2016-2020-3?

"One member of Trump's Cabinet, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, reportedly dozed off, and others questioned why they had to be there."

Another issue is that the administration's high turnover means that about two-thirds of the people who attended the training had left the White House by the time of the coronavirus outbreak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Could you explain how "family first" Ao And men who cheat on their wives will be severely punished?
    This comment is extremely sexist and close minded. How dare you?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    This comment is extremely sexist and close minded. How dare you?
    And the women who cheat on their husbands. There.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."