Page 25 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735751255251025 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    How do you have any basis for this when we know the CCP deliberately destroyed evidence and misled the WHO.

So no, I dont believe its plateaued not do I believe they are close to reporting the amount of infected and deaths.

The CCPs history is the reason indoubt what's reported. You should doubt it as well.

13 of 34 provinces that have reported cases have cleared their remaining cases. Schools are returning to session and factories are going back to work in many of the provinces that had infections (these aren't just CCP reports, but individual reports from actual people). It's certainly possible they are misleading the public, but that would be even more dangerous than what how they initially reacted. Color me skeptical of that action considering their drastic actions over the last month+.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Yeah...banning travel from the second largest country in the world means nothing.

What a joke.
    When you aren't even testing the people coming back from the same areas? It doesn't mean nothing, but it's hardly reacting appropriately to a health crisis. Everything Trump has done prior to about a week ago has put Americans lives in danger. That's a fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Yeah...banning travel from the second largest country in the world means nothing.

What a joke.

Which was the recommendation of all the top health officials despite Trump claiming he was the only one who wanted to do it. While your team is critisizing Democrats for politicizing the virus your boy is outright lying about his response to the virus for political reasons.

Given his track record he was probably the only one who was against it and now that he sees how bad it has gotten he feels the need to constantly take credit fearing people will find out how incompetent he was. He certainly was the only person asking if they could use the flu vaccine for this virus.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://www.propublica.org/article/f...ighters-corona

Pro-Trump Facebook group made up firefighters and first responders shows why Trumps incompetent rhetoric does serious damage. These retards actually think this is a hoax. Funny how Republicans take every bad rumor they hear about people they dont like as fact and refuse to believe anything bad about Trump no matter the amount of evidence.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    https://www.businessinsider.com/tuck...rce=reddit.com

Wow, Trump only took this seriously after watching Tuck the Cuck on Fox News.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    3,497 new cases today in Italy, bringing the total to ver 21,000

157 deaths today
    4 days later Italy data for 3/18

4,207 new cases, 35,713 total cases

475 new deaths, 2,978 total deaths

hasn't crested yet
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    As China’s government promotes its successes in containing the coronavirus to audiences abroad, a heated backlash against a state-media reporter’s coverage of the pathogen shows that Beijing still faces a tough task selling its narrative at home.

With the numbers of new Covid-19 cases in China dwindling, the country’s ruling Communist Party has worked both internally and internationally to portray itself as decisive and forceful in facing down the pandemic.

These efforts included glorifying the work of Liao Jun, a veteran reporter with the official Xinhua News Agency, whose coverage of the coronavirus epidemic in central China’s Hubei province has been portrayed by Beijing as heroic.

Chinese social media has recoiled with anger at the lionization of Ms. Liao, saying she helped propagate fictions that clouded the severity of the outbreak in its early days.

The outrage was sparked by Ms. Liao’s appearance at a news conference this month organized by the Chinese government’s publicity office, where she said she and her fellow reporters are “iron people” serving bravely on the battlefront against a deadly epidemic.

“If you have a little conscience, then you should refuse the accolade and decline to speak,” read a widely circulated essay posted on a public social-media account belonging to Gu Wanming, a retired Xinhua reporter. “Otherwise people will say that you ‘trod on the blood of others to ascend the podium.’”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-...article_inline

people don't like to be spun

"I am your retribution."

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    As China’s government promotes its successes in containing the coronavirus to audiences abroad, a heated backlash against a state-media reporter’s coverage of the pathogen shows that Beijing still faces a tough task selling its narrative at home.

With the numbers of new Covid-19 cases in China dwindling, the country’s ruling Communist Party has worked both internally and internationally to portray itself as decisive and forceful in facing down the pandemic.

These efforts included glorifying the work of Liao Jun, a veteran reporter with the official Xinhua News Agency, whose coverage of the coronavirus epidemic in central China’s Hubei province has been portrayed by Beijing as heroic.

Chinese social media has recoiled with anger at the lionization of Ms. Liao, saying she helped propagate fictions that clouded the severity of the outbreak in its early days.

The outrage was sparked by Ms. Liao’s appearance at a news conference this month organized by the Chinese government’s publicity office, where she said she and her fellow reporters are “iron people” serving bravely on the battlefront against a deadly epidemic.

“If you have a little conscience, then you should refuse the accolade and decline to speak,” read a widely circulated essay posted on a public social-media account belonging to Gu Wanming, a retired Xinhua reporter. “Otherwise people will say that you ‘trod on the blood of others to ascend the podium.’”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-...article_inline

people don't like to be spun
    Do you guys really believe what the state run media of China says?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Do you guys really believe what the state run media of China says?
    the article is from the WSJ

and the topic of the article is the backlash against state run media

"I am your retribution."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Carp (03-18-2020), Metaphysicist (03-18-2020)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Carp (03-18-2020)

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    I honestly struggle to even comprehend the complaints thethe is making.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    I honestly struggle to even comprehend the complaints thethe is making.
    Which one?

The complicity of the liberal MSM to Chinese propaganda?

The obvious fact that what trump ran on has proven to be 100% correct?

Trump saving potentially millions of lives by ending travel from china?

I'm just curious. How do any of you leftists or never trumpers have a leg to stand on. Yes, trump ****ed up a lot of the early response but a social justice democrat would have just allowed china to keep sending their infected and we would have been in a much worse spot.

So please, explain how enlightened you are and how this is somehow all Trumps fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Nearly 2 months into the Outbreak though. With COVID-19 being labeled a pandemic by WHO, the administration really had no other option than to comply, instead of the deny, deny, deny, they had been doing. I mean Trump was downplaying this virus as recently as March 4th, trying to compare it to the Flu. A couple days earlier he said his "hunch" was that the mortality rate was a fraction of 1 percent. Kind of hard to keep denying it when the amounts of infected have doubled almost weekly and the world mortality rate being what it is.

It's hard for me to give credit when these things should have been talked about over a month ago.
    I’m not attempting to grade his response in totality. I agree with you on all points about the initial action (and I agree with the presumption that the initial mistakes far outweigh the recent successes).

I’m just trying to give my reaction to policies as they are happening in the moment. There will be plenty of time to discuss the timeline once we see this through (the November election is a perfect opportunity), but I do think there’s tremendous value in recognizing and appreciating good actions as they take place because (1) it boosts morale which is really low right now and (2) it incentivizes both sides to continue taking good actions.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I’m not attempting to grade his response in totality. I agree with you on all points about the initial action (and I agree with the presumption that the initial mistakes far outweigh the recent successes).

I’m just trying to give my reaction to policies as they are happening in the moment. There will be plenty of time to discuss the timeline once we see this through (the November election is a perfect opportunity), but I do think there’s tremendous value in recognizing and appreciating good actions as they take place because (1) it boosts morale which is really low right now and (2) it incentivizes both sides to continue taking good actions.
    I wonder who in the Trump admin will give us the 2008, Hank Paulson kneeling and begging to Pelosi to get TARP moment.

Would be amazing if Don himself did it considering he hasn't talked to Pelosi since the impeachment stuff.
    Forever Fredi

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    China unleashes a pandemic that if left uncheck would kill millions while hiding the severity from the world. In addition begins a disinformation campaign to say the virus started in the US.
    Yes you are a crazy conspiracy theorist. Because you have no evidence that China "unleashed" a pandemic. You're basing this on alt-right conspiracy theories. Which yes, makes your a conspiracy theorist.

Yes China did some horrible and deplorable things in the wake of this viral outbreak. Xi reacted in a way similar to our president, in basically believing that this is no worse than flu and would blow over quickly. It wasn't that way. He acted in a way to best protect his country's economy and failed in the process. Like the US China took the problem seriously, infact almost Draconian, and now 2 months after the first reported case China is starting again.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yes you are a crazy conspiracy theorist. Because you have no evidence that China "unleashed" a pandemic. You're basing this on alt-right conspiracy theories. Which yes, makes your a conspiracy theorist.

Yes China did some horrible and deplorable things in the wake of this viral outbreak. Xi reacted in a way similar to our president, in basically believing that this is no worse than flu and would blow over quickly. It wasn't that way. He acted in a way to best protect his country's economy and failed in the process. Like the US China took the problem seriously, infact almost Draconian, and now 2 months after the first reported case China is starting again.
    And independent chinese scientist stated it came from a lab. Not shocking is that his report was quickly removed.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    And independent chinese scientist stated it came from a lab. Not shocking is that his report was quickly removed.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...tural-origins/
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Theories based on research done thus far. Science NEVER gets things wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Well the wife just went in to be tested after she found out someone she had contact with just returned a positive test. She put on the speaker phone so I could hear the whole thing. She seemed to be excited by the whole experience. Weird the way different people process things. She should get the results in two days.

The main concern really is her parents. She had contact with the infected person last Wednesday and then had contact with her parents after that.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-18-2020 at 04:38 PM.

"I am your retribution."