Page 29 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139791295291029 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    While every other "leader" acts the bumble-phuck Adam Silver sees the big picture and shows a clear vision moving forward.
    both owners and players appear confident in his leadership.

Pretty impressive the NBA in the past 10 days
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    While every other "leader" acts the bumble-phuck Adam Silver sees the big picture and shows a clear vision moving forward.

Adam Silver the guy who pussied out when it came to China. That Adam Silver? The guy who proved the almighty dollar is more important than calling out a communist regime which jails free speechers, that enslaves minority Muslims, and wants to take the freedoms away from The People of Hong Kong. That Adam silver is showing great leadership?

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    So we should definitely not counter back with the CCP saying it originated in America right?
    Uh... no, I don't think we should run our gov't as an attempt to "one-up" authoritarian Chinese conspiracy theorists.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Someone has it but isn't showing symptoms, I'd bet on it. I wouldn't be shocked if I was in that boat because of assholes from Massachusetts coming up here on "another vacation" when Boston is one of the worst cities for the outbreak in the US.
    I live in Manhattan. There have been positive tests at my school. I am just assuming I have it and acting accordingly.

EDIT: "Accordingly" = sitting at home and telling thethe to read a book.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-20-2020), Snowman (03-20-2020), zitothebrave (03-19-2020)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts

Ilhan Omar thinks Trumps leadership is 'incredible'

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Trump administration leadership is the only reason we dont have tens of thousands of dead americans already.
    I'm pretty sure the fact that the first cases hit us later than Italy is the main reason. That and population. Italy is getting ****ed because most of their population is older. Italy is the 5th oldest median age, USA is 61st, that's the biggest death toll difference. What's truly amazing is how other countries in the top 5 are handling and how it hasn't gotten out of control in Germany or Japan.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    Uh... no, I don't think we should run our gov't as an attempt to "one-up" authoritarian Chinese conspiracy theorists.
    All that intelligence and naive as an adolescent.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the fact that the first cases hit us later than Italy is the main reason. That and population. Italy is getting ****ed because most of their population is older. Italy is the 5th oldest median age, USA is 61st, that's the biggest death toll difference. What's truly amazing is how other countries in the top 5 are handling and how it hasn't gotten out of control in Germany or Japan.
    I'd tell you to research but I know how well researched you are and already know this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.reb...r-or-worse.amp

Leads me to believe you are not being intellectually honest. Trump administration saved the nation from tens of thousands of deaths because of his decisive action and nothing the whiny left or never trumpers could say that will erase this truth.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    These Senators... traitors all of them.

Not just the one’s that sold stock (though they deserve a fate worse than prison), I also point the fingers at those of them that remained silent despite the intelligence they received.

Politics in the US never cease to remind how corrupt the system is. But who watches the watchmen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Leads me to believe you are not being intellectually honest. Trump administration saved the nation from tens of thousands of deaths because of his decisive action and nothing the whiny left or never trumpers could say that will erase this truth.
    The issue is that his travel ban was only semi-effective. I suggest you watch this great Mark Rober video.

It comes down to incidental contact. If I have the disease and I cough and give it to my friend, and he coughs and gives it to his relative visiting from out of state, things will spiral out of control.

Sure Trump's travel ban probably stopped some cases. There's no denying that at all. He probably bought some time, but his delayed reaction to it crippled our economy. COVID-19 has been on US shores since January 12. He could have ramped up production of necessary goods in advance to stop the supply shortage we're experiencing now. To act like Trump has handled this perfectly is beyond Naive.

I don't think you're being intellectually honest. There's 300K Chinese nationals living in Italy, there's 340K Chinese COLLEGE STUDENTS in the US. The cause isn't that simple.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-the-...italy-so-hard/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    These Senators... traitors all of them.

Not just the one’s that sold stock (though they deserve a fate worse than prison), I also point the fingers at those of them that remained silent despite the intelligence they received.

Politics in the US never cease to remind how corrupt the system is. But who watches the watchmen?
    Well that's the rub, no one checks those in power. Unless there's a large scare revolution (which will never happen) the powerful will stay powerful.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I guess this means Trump fell for the propaganda too

Forever Fredi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (03-20-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    In private, he warned donors it would be dangerous—and sold off more than $1 million in stock.
    I think the right thing to do with him and Loeffler is arrest them, seize their assets from this sale and divide it among the 30M small businesses in the US. It would only be like 200K per business but it those businesses deserve that moeny much more than these leeches.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Georgia has TWO Senate seats up for grabs.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I'd tell you to research but I know how well researched you are and already know this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.reb...r-or-worse.amp

Yeah that opinion simply isn't grounded in facts. Trump didn't require testing for Americans coming back from the same locations and he downpalyed the virus for like 2 months, trying the save the economy, fully knowing that Americans were likely spreading the disease like wildfire. His actions (or connections as it were) have literally costs thousands of lives already and have the potential to cost several times more. It's ridiculous that we're over a month and a half since our first positive test and testing for the virus still isn't widely available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Yeah that opinion simply isn't grounded in facts. Trump didn't require testing for Americans coming back from the same locations and he downpalyed the virus for like 2 months, trying the save the economy, fully knowing that Americans were likely spreading the disease like wildfire. His actions (or connections as it were) have literally costs thousands of lives already and have the potential to cost several times more. It's ridiculous that we're over a month and a half since our first positive test and testing for the virus still isn't widely available.
    This is absurd. It doesn't take a genious to understand that if you restrict the inflow of potential infected that its going to drastically limit the amount of seed infections that will end up increasing the power by which the spread grows. How you can deny that is laughable. Trump did this way before anyone even thought it was necessary and was actually called racist to do it.

Saving the economy is just as important as saving us from the infection. Testing is such an overrated aspect of all of this. Doesn't matter who is tested the virus spreads like wildfire and is all over the country. At this point its just about testing those with symptoms and not massive country wide testing.

This is literally unprecedented and you all are blaming Trump for not having everything ready as if he could see the future. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    I guess this means Trump fell for the propaganda too

The whole world thought they were being transparent and the WHO was a nice patsy for the CCP as well.

Now we understand fully what they did but keep defending them. Its a shame I thought that people would put there President over the CCP but I guess not. China has infected this nation not only with the virus but with their propoganda. Need to get all their money out of real estate and higher education because you all are fools.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The issue is that his travel ban was only semi-effective. I suggest you watch this great Mark Rober video.

It comes down to incidental contact. If I have the disease and I cough and give it to my friend, and he coughs and gives it to his relative visiting from out of state, things will spiral out of control.

Sure Trump's travel ban probably stopped some cases. There's no denying that at all. He probably bought some time, but his delayed reaction to it crippled our economy. COVID-19 has been on US shores since January 12. He could have ramped up production of necessary goods in advance to stop the supply shortage we're experiencing now. To act like Trump has handled this perfectly is beyond Naive.

I don't think you're being intellectually honest. There's 300K Chinese nationals living in Italy, there's 340K Chinese COLLEGE STUDENTS in the US. The cause isn't that simple.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-the-...italy-so-hard/
    Its the volume and frequency of travel. Italy signed up for BRI and was getting much more regular traffic.

Its irrelevant if there are 1million chinese students in the US if they have been in the US for longer than 6 months which I suspect they have.

Again, the EU are little social justice wokeness morons that doomed their people. Trump stood up for America when it was obvious what was going on and saved countless amounts of lives by slowing the spread.
    Natural Immunity Croc

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Its the volume and frequency of travel. Italy signed up for BRI and was getting much more regular traffic.

Its irrelevant if there are 1million chinese students in the US if they have been in the US for longer than 6 months which I suspect they have.

Again, the EU are little social justice wokeness morons that doomed their people. Trump stood up for America when it was obvious what was going on and saved countless amounts of lives by slowing the spread.
    Wrong.

Because plenty of them went home for Christmas break and were coming back.

The first case in Texas was a kid that I think goes to A&M and didn't show symptoms for a few weeks from coming back.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The whole world thought they were being transparent and the WHO was a nice patsy for the CCP as well.

Now we understand fully what they did but keep defending them. Its a shame I thought that people would put there President over the CCP but I guess not. China has infected this nation not only with the virus but with their propoganda. Need to get all their money out of real estate and higher education because you all are fools.
    Damn. Here I was thinking Trump was the only one in the country who has seen through all of China's lies, but this one time he fell for it.
    Forever Fredi