Page 107 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 757971051061071081091171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I think bi partisan support is a wildly optimistic take. On this very board, sav, goldy, runnin, 57, carp, et all, can only see one person to blame, despite all the evidence to the contrary that literally everyone ****ed up. It's all on the orange man.
    Never said 1 person. But someone absolutely should shoulder most of the blame for his inaction and dangerous lies he was spreading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Never said 1 person. But someone absolutely should shoulder most of the blame for his inaction and dangerous lies he was spreading.
    The worst city in the nation was encouraged to congregate around a population that statistically was the most infected. This was not Trump.

You guys cant even think straight anymore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Krgrecw (04-04-2020)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    It's because you guys dissapear once it's obvious you were wrong despite being smug arrogant pricks prior to that epiphany.
    We disappear because it's a waste of energy to debate with you. It's not worth the effort.
    Forever Fredi

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-04-2020), Metaphysicist (04-05-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Forgetting the economic impact, I’m not sure the mental health of this country can survive 8 months of a lockdown
    It's not like you are gonna be locked in a room. People will still be able to walk in their yards or gardens.

People are much stronger than they think.

It's actually a perfect time to chill out, clean your house, re-assess, meditate, learn something new, read, exercise, stretch, start intermittent fasting, meditate, watch youtube, learn some new games (Sudoku, Shogi), take a FREE ONLINE COURSE, improve a work related skill, etc.

Coursera
    is offering 100 online courses free, many of them taught by Ivy League schools or offered by companies like Google and Amazon, now through May 31.
    Learners will get access to all the stuff that's typically kept behind a paywall: graded homework, projects, and reading material, as well as a certificate of completion they can add to LinkedIn.

The courses span a range of topics — from public health and COVID-19 to coding, mindfulness, updating a resume, and learning how to play guitar.

https://www.edx.org/

http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses

https://www.classcentral.com/collect...online-courses
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-05-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    We disappear because it's a waste of energy to debate with you. It's not worth the effort.
    No...its because you guys are shown to be hilariously wrong and you're too proud to admit it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    The worst city in the nation was encouraged to congregate around a population that statistically was the most infected. This was not Trump.

No one claimed other state and local leaders haven't also made poor decisions, but these came AFTER Trump himself encouraged the population to go about as business as usual. It's sad things like this have to be spelled out to you.

When the leader of the Free World is encouraging the VERY SAME THING that happened and you have the audacity to claim other's are more at fault than him... Just wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Yes, Orange Man bad.

And governors have been all over the place with their comments and mistakes. That's why it's The President's, who should have more accurate and timely information than governors, sworn and sacred duty to lead from his special position. If The President were making honest, accurate statements to the country, governors would have the political cover to make the difficult decisions.

The President has done the opposite of lead. "We're a backup."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    It's because you guys dissapear once it's obvious you were wrong despite being smug arrogant pricks prior to that epiphany.
    Becaus people have lives and there's no use agruing with a buffoon that keeps posting the same **** and cherry picking stats while conveniently leaving out vital pieces of information from the same links. You've been proven wrong several times and you keep moving the goalposts or using your "hunch."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quoted on this board 2/29, several days, or even a week after this was out in the newsphere.

I've been wondering about NK too. Their borders are mostly closed already but all it takes is one case to squeak through. The most worrisome thing is the fact that the virus may be transmittable and contagious long before the person even knows they are sick. Hundreds could have it before the original carrier gets tested.
    You may never even feel very sick yourself but you could still be transmitting the virus to others who could have a much harsher reaction.

Is that right?
    Last edited by Runnin; 04-04-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Pelosi too, right?
    I mean I've been for an anarchistic approach to reset all of congress. So you're barking up the wrong tree bud.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    No...its because you guys are shown to be hilariously wrong and you're too proud to admit it.
    What's the point that you shut up? Is it 30K dead? 40K? What's the point?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Please don't. You should be staying home not bringing your **** to the mountains.
    If you presume I have the virus, wouldnt it be smarter to go to the mountains in isolation rather than stay in my highly crowded apartment complex?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    On April 5th... let's chat about which countries are doing things well?

I havent paid much attention. But who is doing well? What can we learn from them? Were their solutions practical in this country?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    If you presume I have the virus, wouldnt it be smarter to go to the mountains in isolation rather than stay in my highly crowded apartment complex?
    As someone who lives inthe mountains, no, because you'll meet a lot of people along the way.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    **** any person that’s on the local level ****ing this up

But for sure **** your cult leader for on a national level mismanaging this
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    On April 5th... let's chat about which countries are doing things well?

I havent paid much attention. But who is doing well? What can we learn from them? Were their solutions practical in this country?
    Testing. Generally the countries doing well implement widespread testing to isolate the pockets of the virus and restrict the flow of it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    It’s good to see the same morons defending the same inept leaders.

When the dust settles and the red states have suffered a disproportionate number of deaths due to pure stupidly, the world will have made a step towards self correction. Good riddance I say.

Until then, let the Trumpkins continue to derp all over each other. When that demographic dies out the world will be better off. The current situation is just expediting the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

When the dust settles and the red states have suffered a disproportionate number of deaths due to pure stupidly, the world will have made a step towards self correction. Good riddance I say.

Until then, let the Trumpkins continue to derp all over each other. When that demographic dies out the world will be better off. The current situation is just expediting the process.
    Sorry, but that demographic never dies. People are inherently skittish and superstitious. It's in our nature to reach for and cling to the first shiny thing we see that reinforces our prejudices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

This is a super interesting take considering the hot spot of our crisis is a place that's leaders are extremely anti trump, its voters are extremely anti trump, and... oh yeah, their extreme anti trump leaders consistently encouraged their extreme anti trump citizens to go out and congregate.

They're the ones dying, sadly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Testing. Generally the countries doing well implement widespread testing to isolate the pockets of the virus and restrict the flow of it.
    Which countries?