Page 338 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2382883283363373383393403483884388381338 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    oh
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    The deaths are fake

****, we are so close to what I said

Next step is him saying the virus wasn’t ever a thing
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    I honestly don't get why you think this.

Like, I get why in principle you would be against the actual restrictions. Rights restrictions are bad. But I don't get why you think the motivation is like an illuminati conspiracy rather than actual concern about public health. It makes you sound detached from reality. Many people are, in fact, quite concerned about public health.
    I'm happy to explain why I think this but that usually just leads you to insulting me and we move on.

The actions arent based on data and facts. The goalposts keep moving. There is clear political reasons for this as well... it hurts Trump, it makes the citizens more compliant... it increases government dependency. It increases power.

The mandates are completely arbitrary and dont make sense. The government says I can go to the store, but cant go to a department store. I can go to the liquor store, but cant get a hair cut.

Data is pretty clear that outdoors dont spread this thing. Sun is good but we close the beaches. Need to fill the skate boarding ramps with sand. Stay home everyone and destroy your immune system!

This is the perfect tool for a government thirsty on power. You cant beat it. There is no treatment or cure. You may have symptoms and you need to stay home. You may not have symptoms and you need to stay home. You may be fine but can spread it so you need to stay home. You need to get tested, but negative tests can be undone the next day. It's best we stay home. And if you wanna leave? Well then you're a granny murderer.

Just trust us, citizens. We will take care of you. Just stay home. We will bankrupt you. We will make you depressed. We will make you scared. We will not allow other healthcare to happen. We will save granny's life... except for the nursing homes where our policies will kill grandma.

Just stay home, citizens.
    It is what is best for you. One day we will let you live your life some more... but we will need to trace. We need to monitor you. For now, just stay home.

--------------

And it's not lost on me that politicians and their cheerleaders want and need this to be bad. They are invested in it being bad. I believe you are rooting for bad news. You even smugly told me to keep counting those chickens when I pointed out Georgia and Texas are doing OK. The HORROR. They arent staying home. They are defying our almighty central planning government and it's quite sad they arent paying the price for it.

If and when they do though, goldy and zito and others will be celebrating their suffering for their defiance of the almighty government.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm happy to explain why I think this but that usually just leads you to insulting me and we move on.

The actions arent based on data and facts. The goalposts keep moving. There is clear political reasons for this as well... it hurts Trump, it makes the citizens more compliant... it increases government dependency. It increases power.

The mandates are completely arbitrary and dont make sense. The government says I can go to the store, but cant go to a department store. I can go to the liquor store, but cant get a hair cut.

Data is pretty clear that outdoors dont spread this thing. Sun is good but we close the beaches. Need to fill the skate boarding ramps with sand. Stay home everyone and destroy your immune system!

This is the perfect tool for a government thirsty on power. You cant beat it. There is no treatment or cure. You may have symptoms and you need to stay home. You may not have symptoms and you need to stay home. You may be fine but can spread it so you need to stay home. You need to get tested, but negative tests can be undone the next day. It's best we stay home. And if you wanna leave? Well then you're a granny murderer.

Just trust us, citizens. We will take care of you. Just stay home. We will bankrupt you. We will make you depressed. We will make you scared. We will not allow other healthcare to happen. We will save granny's life... except for the nursing homes where our policies will kill grandma.

Just stay home, citizens.
    It is what is best for you. One day we will let you live your life some more... but we will need to trace. We need to monitor you. For now, just stay home.

--------------

And it's not lost on me that politicians and their cheerleaders want and need this to be bad. They are invested in it being bad. I believe you are rooting for bad news. You even smugly told me to keep counting those chickens when I pointed out Georgia and Texas are doing OK. The HORROR. They arent staying home. They are defying our almighty central planning government and it's quite sad they arent paying the price for it.

If and when they do though, goldy and zito and others will be celebrating their suffering for their defiance of the almighty government.
    I really don't mean this as an insult, but this is extremely paranoid and not based on facts. I really do think you should try and expand your sources of information. The amount of self-reinforcing ideology you are taking in is unhealthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    I really don't mean this as an insult, but this is extremely paranoid and not based on facts. I really do think you should try and expand your sources of information. The amount of self-reinforcing ideology you are taking in is unhealthy.
    My friend... I am surrounded by mainstream media and people who are bought in.

I also come to the board to put me in my place.

I know better than to not stay home. Trust me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    I think the issue is that nobody is willing to discuss the actual data because, like everything since 2016, this has become hyper-politicized.

There are logical arguments to be made in favor of opening up, even if the majority of conservatwits following the right wing banter don't know them. Morons like tehteh spouting off absurd things like "they didn't want us to go outside, even though sunshine is good", and "we can go to the grocery store to buy food, but not the the department store to buy clothes", and "the president was talking about super complicated experimental treatments you can't understand", are perfect examples of just how stupid these people are. The fact they feel the need to show off the firearms they model for themselves in the mirror at home during peaceful protests shows what most of these twats are truly interested in...living out their pathetic militia fantasies.

The main valid argument is that the initial lock downs were put in place to flatten the curve, not eliminate the virus. Every single "curve flattening" graphic that has ever been displayed shows a 3 month curve with a high peak being replaced with a 12 month curve with a much lower peak. Both curves had the same number of overall infections, and the idea was ONLY to pump the breaks on how quickly those infection numbers were reached so the hospitals could keep up. The idea was to prevent people from dying in the hospital parking lot due to a lack of beds, NOT to stop folks from being infected.

This moving of the goalposts is what worries me. It is complete lunacy to think we can keep extending these stay at home orders until a cure/treatment/vaccine is found and folks can go about their business free of danger. That was never, EVER, the point of these lock downs, and they are becoming exactly that in many places.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 05-15-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Wait 2 more weeks.

Its just a shame people don't understand how exponential growth works when layered into an environment without replacement for a virus.

Thats why immunity walls are real but get mocked by people who can't seem to grasp how fast they form.
    Last edited by thethe; 05-15-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Because incomplete data is ****.

Anyway. Georgia's new cases haven't declined. Everyone knows deaths lag.

Look at Texas, since opening up Texas has seen I think 1 day in may with under 1000 new cases.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Because incomplete data is ****.

Anyway. Georgia's new cases haven't declined. Everyone knows deaths lag.

Look at Texas, since opening up Texas has seen I think 1 day in may with under 1000 new cases.
    Please elaborate on incomplete data
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Please elaborate on incomplete data
    We don't know how many new cases are actually here. Just how many people are getting tested. Some states have much more active testing than others. New York for example has 66 out of 1000 residents have a test with results. Rhode Island 96 in 1000. Georgia is 27. So simple reality is results from Rhode ISland or New York ahve more tests, they have a better statistical show there than in a state that isn't testing as well.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    We don't know how many new cases are actually here. Just how many people are getting tested. Some states have much more active testing than others. New York for example has 66 out of 1000 residents have a test with results. Rhode Island 96 in 1000. Georgia is 27. So simple reality is results from Rhode ISland or New York ahve more tests, they have a better statistical show there than in a state that isn't testing as well.
    Posivity rates inform you if you are testing enough.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

thethe (05-15-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    President goes after a local reporter covering a protest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

But why would they revise their numbers down when it's part of a conspiracy to give Trump bad PR. When people issue corrections it's because they actually care about getting it right. Which is why Trump never admits an error.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I love a good happy ending to a story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Last edited by thethe; 05-16-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    Natural Immunity Croc