Page 20 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230701205201020 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    That’s means it’ll be a great time to get into it on Friday.
    Still hooting this? Market still tumbling down, government is still stagnant not giving the Americans any confidence. If capitalists had a heart they'd inject their own money into the American Economy and boost confidence. Without the middle class boosting Jeff Bezos, Zuckerberg, Brin, Page, and the Waltons would all be broke. THey all made their money off of large user bases. They should be offering to help fund this rebound as should the banks.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Still hooting this? Market still tumbling down, government is still stagnant not giving the Americans any confidence. If capitalists had a heart they'd inject their own money into the American Economy and boost confidence. Without the middle class boosting Jeff Bezos, Zuckerberg, Brin, Page, and the Waltons would all be broke. THey all made their money off of large user bases. They should be offering to help fund this rebound as should the banks.

Yes. Once it looks like the coronavirus scare is over with it’ll be the best one month, two month run on the market in history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Society is going to pay a high price for the endless gaslighting of chosen one and his minions. Has already paid a high price. But it will be getting higher.
    It's a big step toward full anarchy. If you know your leaders are going to lie about everything, big and small....
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I've been doing a lot of research on this. I really hope there are a ton of undiagnosed cases out there, because if not I think this thing may have a 1-6% death rate world wide on average. Lower totals in places like South Korea where mostly the young get it and higher totals in Italy where a lot of the old get it and hospitals are over run. I hope folks understand that life is going to change for maybe at least a full year after our quarantines are over. And it's possible that more than one 2-3 week quarantine will be necessary. Closed borders might need to last for a while. I may not be able to take my kids to visit their grandparents for until a vaccine is available or we all get the virus. Stuff like that is the new norm. It's important for each state to understand when to implement their quarantine and to implement it strongly.

Anyway, those are my thoughts based on doing a lot of research and watching a lot of ****. Anyone think I've got it wrong?
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    What's interesting in all of this in regards to Trump, is the one guy that the left worked the hardest to oust from the Trump regime has been one of the guys to most push the idea that this threat is very serious. Steve Bannon has been on top of this since January. I think it would have been nice to have still had him on Trump's team. The good news is that the US is still in position to set up their quarantines at the right time, before hospitals are over run.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,903 Posts
    Our already is. Short on PPe bc people stole it.

I got tested yesterday, but they swabbed me for flu at the same time and that came back positive.
    Ivermectin Man

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Our already is. Short on PPe bc people stole it.

I got tested yesterday, but they swabbed me for flu at the same time and that came back positive.
    I may have to have a separate quarantined subforum to reduce risk of transmission
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    I may have to have a separate quarantined subforum to reduce risk of transmission
    the boards need your laidership…where have you been the last 10 weeks

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I've been doing a lot of research on this. I really hope there are a ton of undiagnosed cases out there, because if not I think this thing may have a 1-6% death rate world wide on average. Lower totals in places like South Korea where mostly the young get it and higher totals in Italy where a lot of the old get it and hospitals are over run. I hope folks understand that life is going to change for maybe at least a full year after our quarantines are over. And it's possible that more than one 2-3 week quarantine will be necessary. Closed borders might need to last for a while. I may not be able to take my kids to visit their grandparents for until a vaccine is available or we all get the virus. Stuff like that is the new norm. It's important for each state to understand when to implement their quarantine and to implement it strongly.

Anyway, those are my thoughts based on doing a lot of research and watching a lot of ****. Anyone think I've got it wrong?
    It's crazy times. Do they even know the best way to treat it, other than like the flu?

I heard that ventilators were being given to the young over old in Italy. I wonder how that will play out in the US. Will rich people get first choice of ventilators?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I understand the altruistic concerns for the old and the sick. But we are going about this in an incredibly costly way. The economic costs are going to be unbelievable. And the projections seem to have the number of cases/deaths peaking in May or June. Are we really going to sustain these measures for two or three months? And what do we do when the secondary phase of contagion flares up, as is often the case with epidemics.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    What's interesting in all of this in regards to Trump, is the one guy that the left worked the hardest to oust from the Trump regime has been one of the guys to most push the idea that this threat is very serious. Steve Bannon has been on top of this since January. I think it would have been nice to have still had him on Trump's team. The good news is that the US is still in position to set up their quarantines at the right time, before hospitals are over run.
    Steve Bannon isn't in the WH anymore because Trump fired him over his quotes in "Fire and Fury", that Ivanka was "dumb as a brick" and that Don, Jr. would "crack like an egg on live TV" if interrogated by Robert Mueller. There were other quotes about Trump's own mental capacities.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-17-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Steve Bannon isn't in the WH anymore because Trump fired him over his quotes in "Fire and Fury", that Ivanka was "dumb as a brick" and that Don, Jr. would "crack like an egg on live TV" if interrogated by Robert Mueller. There were other quotes about Trump's on mental capacities.
    where dyou get dem alternative facts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    that's some pretty nifty framing there

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

"I am your retribution."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Runnin (03-17-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The Chinese virus. LOL

I suspect plenty of folks in the WH around Trump have been telling him since the middle of January that a big problem was coming. But the only real calculus in his mind is about him getting re-elected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The Chinese virus. LOL

I suspect plenty of folks in the WH around Trump have been telling him since the middle of January that a big problem was coming. But the only real calculus in his mind is about him getting re-elected.
    If I had a chance to interview him, my first two questions would be:

1) When was your first briefing on the coronavirus?

2) What was your reaction to the information provided to you at that briefing?

Reporters need to ask him more simple factual questions like that.

"I am your retribution."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    If I had a chance to interview him, my first two questions would be:

1) When was your first briefing on the coronavirus?

2) What was your reaction to the information provided to you at that briefing?

Reporters need to ask him more simple factual questions like that.
    I can answer those for him.

1) You know I couldn't really tell you because I have a lot of briefings. A lot of them. I get briefings, I get intel, I get a lot of different things told to me on a daily basis. I have people left and right saying mr president mr trump sign this, sign that, look at this look at that.

2) I think a lot of people had the same reaction I had which is how serious is this? Is it a BIG DEAL or is it just you know like the flu. A lot of people die from the flu every year and we don't fuss about it. So we're thinking it's no worse than the flu cause millions and millions of people had the flu and a lot of people died but that didn't make the markets shift.
    Forever Fredi

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (03-17-2020), Metaphysicist (03-17-2020), nsacpi (03-18-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,742 Posts
    Oh boy, another Trump press confrence
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Trump should be publicly shaming governors who aren't doing enough. And he should be calling out Chinese propaganda which is clearly trying to protect the communist government. It's disappointing to see so many reasonable people to give in to Chinese propaganda in regards to the Wuhan virus.

It is orange man bad type of stuff to complain about Trump when he's actually doing the right things. Look, Trump is going to get his criticism. There will never be a lack of that. Never go full Orange Man bad.
    thank you weso1!