Page 477 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3774274674754764774784794875275779771477 ... LastLast
Results 9,521 to 9,540 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ah yes...obama speaks nothing but lies. Typical.

The virus is burning out all on its own. Just like climate change man is powerless against whatever mother nature wants to do.

Sweden has shown the world the right way.
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    This is next level corruption and propaganda

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Ah yes...obama speaks nothing but lies. Typical.

The virus is burning out all on its own. Just like climate change man is powerless against whatever mother nature wants to do.

Sweden has shown the world the right way.
    I really hope one day you are able to get the mental health help you desperately are in need of
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The virus is burning out all on its own.
    "One of the things we have to understand is that this virus is operating under the laws of physics, chemistry, and biology. It doesn’t in any way, shape, or form bend itself to public policy. Right now, about 5% of the US population has been infected; although it’s higher in places like New York City and some urban areas, across the world it’s about 5%.

A virus like this is transmitted by the respiratory route. I call it the leaky bucket virus because if there’s one little crack somewhere, it will get out and will infect people. Why is that important? Because we know that it will continue to infect people into 60 to 70% of the population over time. When this happens, it’s called herd immunity where these people are immune rods in the transmission reaction. That means that if I’m in contact with four people and three of them are already protected because they have antibody from having had the illness or been vaccinated, I don’t transmit to them. So the bottom-line message here is that this virus is going to keep transmitting to others until it hits that 60 or 70% level. And even then, it’s like a plane at 30,000 feet when the pilot announces we’re going to be dropping for landing. It doesn’t just suddenly land, it’ll just slow down.

So, we’re really confronted with having this virus in our population for months to years ahead if we don’t get a successful vaccine. So to answer your question of how we are going to get to that 60 or 70%, that’s what we don’t know. We’ve never had a coronavirus pandemic infection like this. It may have happened centuries ago, but we didn’t see it.

If it’s like influenza, of which there have been 10 such pandemics in the last 250 plus years, three started in our North American winter, two in our spring, three in our summer, and two in our fall. And in each instance when that happened, there was a wave that lasted several months, much like we’re seeing now around the world that seemed to disappear after several months. We don’t know what happens to the virus and it is not just based on season — it’s always just after a few months. In every instance the virus came back with a second wave. And when that happened, usually three to four months after that initial wave was over, it tended to be much, much more severe.

This is not just the 1918 pandemic because even in 2009 with H1N1, we saw that same thing happening with a much less severe pandemic. We saw an early Spring peak of cases when it first emerged in March, April, and May. Then it disappeared and came back in late August / early September and then took off with a peak in October. So that’s one model that could happen. But because this is a coronavirus [not an influenza virus], we don’t know what might happen for sure. Our group has actually put a paper on our website and the scenarios for what this might look like. We said, well, maybe it’s not going to be like a flu virus, maybe it’ll just be a slow burn and just keep doing what it’s doing now for potentially months and months to come if we don’t get a vaccine. Or we could see more of these kinds of peaks and valleys where basically certain areas light up for anywhere from a month to six weeks, and we work hard to suppress it, and then it disappears, but then it lights up somewhere else. And any of these are still possibilities.

But I can say with certainty, what I call the laws of virus physics, is that this is going to continue to transmit until we see a large part of the population infected. When you think about only 5% of this country’s been infected to date, and you understand the pain, the suffering, the death, and economic disruption that’s occurred with just 5%, then you can imagine what it’s going to take for us to get to 60 or 70%."

I suggest reading this interview -

https://www.bluezones.com/2020/06/co...-the-pandemic/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    This is next level corruption and propaganda

All else aside, this is beyond terrible. This shouldn't even be legal.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    All else aside, this is beyond terrible. This shouldn't even be legal.
    Yeah. Not a big fan of this. If case counts actually improve, there’s going to be an assumed level of chicanery.

Just another data point that this administration is more stupid than evil.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (07-15-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    very poorly chosen one saying he doesn't know Peter Navarro
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Yeah. Not a big fan of this. If case counts actually improve, there’s going to be an assumed level of chicanery.

Just another data point that this administration is more stupid than evil.
    Yep. Any chance we had at something even resembling the facts is out the window if this happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yep. Any chance we had at something even resembling the facts is out the window if this happens.
    what were we getting before?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    what were we getting before?
    There is not a world in which what we were getting before will be less accurate than what we will get with this. There just isn't. Not to mention the scary ass precedent being set with this kind of overreaching bull****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    There is not a world in which what we were getting before will be less accurate than what we will get with this. There just isn't. Not to mention the scary ass precedent being set with this kind of overreaching bull****.
    How would you even know without understanding the process.

What we know now is that there is reason to not trust the data being reported in its current process.

Therefore, changes must be made because of how consequential the analysis of the data is.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    How would you even know without understanding the process.

What we know now is that there is reason to not trust the data being reported in its current process.

Therefore, changes must be made because of how consequential the analysis of the data is.
    So this is something you want the government in charge of?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So this is something you want the government in charge of?
    What I know now is that the hospitals can't be trusted.

The review can be done by an independent professional services firm. Id like to understand what the process is first.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    What I know now is that the hospitals can't be trusted.

The review can be done by an independent professional services firm. Id like to understand what the process is first.
    It isn't going to go through an independent professional services firm. We already know that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It isn't going to go through an independent professional services firm. We already know that.
    Was that reported?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The government should not be doing this. Period. Not Trump's or Biden's or Bush's or Clinton's or any government ever. I miss the republicans who wanted smaller government. What happened to those assholes?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

Tomahawking4life (07-15-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Was that reported?
    It has been reported where the reports are going to be sent. That's all we need to know to know that the data will then be twisted politically to the point that it is completely useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The reports should be posted publicly before being sent anywhere. That's my opinion.

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    The government should not be doing this. Period. Not Trump's or Biden's or Bush's or Clinton's or any government ever. I miss the republicans who wanted smaller government. What happened to those assholes?
    Those people can't call themselves Republicans anymore, cause that's not what the party is about
    This is my signature. Savs intolerance gets me banned from the Real Talk forums. This is the kind of censorship that doomed the scout site. Don't let Sav censor us anymore. End of signature.

[SAV checking in here. toma has been acting like a child, thus the child goes into timeout until he stops acting like a child. 11/21 12:30am]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomahawking4life For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (07-15-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The reports should be posted publicly before being sent anywhere. That's my opinion.
    Why? Releasing bad data could cause catastrophic issues.

Financial statements aren't released to the public without independent review for that very reason.

How are you not concerned with what we learned from Florida reporting?
    Natural Immunity Croc