Page 381 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2813313713793803813823833914314818811381 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,620 of 29591

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I think you just like to complain, while not realizing that you live in an extremely free and safe country in an extremely free and safe time of history.

You should be happy for what you have, rather than yapping about petty, inconsequential things like an annoying little lap dog.
    You're very easy to control. Too many like you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Indeed

Just be sure to wear a mask and leave the guns home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    You're missing the point. People who care about the common good behave without having to be "controlled", and they don't bitch about it.

I'm okay wearing my mask around others for no other reason than to make them feel less anxious. It's not gonna last forever and I can endure small annoyances for a while.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (05-29-2020), goldfly (05-29-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Cool. Enjoy it

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Hey everyone there is 0 evidence this actually does anything but were gonna mandate you wear it to participate in society

Whatever happened to "my body my choice" people

nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2

We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals.

Stop saying there's no evidence. There's tons. It's not conclusive how effective it is, but there's tons of evidence out there.

Look at this study

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home

Repetition of the same phrase three times, with short pauses in between the phrases, produced a similar pattern of generated particles, with peak numbers of flashes as high as 347 with the loudest speech and as low as 227 when the loudness was slightly decreased over the three trials (see the top trace in Figure 1A). When the same phrase was uttered three times through a slightly damp washcloth over the speaker’s mouth, the flash count remained close to the background level (mean, 0.1 flashes); this showed a decrease in the number of forward-moving droplets (see the bottom trace in Figure 1A).

There's all kinds of research that covering your mouth prevents you from spreading coronavirus. Which yes this is not a standard one, but it is one.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    This is why I hate the state of America. Homeboy shares a tweet and a blurb and you assume it to be true.

"Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes"

"More compelling is the possibility that wearing a mask may reduce the likelihood of transmission from asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic health care workers with Covid-19 to other providers and patients. This concern increases as Covid-19 becomes more widespread in the community."

What's retarded about your ilk is you don't understand the reason people wear masks, it's not to avoid getting sick, but to avoid getting others sick fif you are. Stop being a god damned fool.

I can link to NEJM editorials too

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2007263

5. Inspire and mobilize the public. In this all-out effort, everyone has a part to play and virtually everyone is willing. We have begun to unleash American ingenuity in creating new treatments and a vaccine, providing a greater variety and number of diagnostic tests, and using the power of information technology, social media, artificial intelligence, and high-speed computing to devise novel solutions. These efforts should be intensified. Everyone can help reduce the risk of exposure and support their friends and neighbors in this critical time. After all health workers have the masks they need, the U.S. Postal Service and willing private companies can join to deliver surgical masks and hand sanitizer to every American household. If everyone wears a surgical mask outside the home, those who are presymptomatic and infected will be less likely to spread the infection to others. And if everyone wears a mask, no stigma is attached.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Hahaha

Your like 3 different Rudy’s

Just replace 9/11 in the Noun verb 9/11 with some stupid buzz words you use “scared, freedom” etc
    Last edited by goldfly; 05-29-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Hahaha

Your like 3 different Rudy’s

Just replace 9/11 in the Noun verb 9/11 with some stupid buzz words you use “scared, freedom” etc
    Sorry you're scared.

Terrible way to live

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    This is why I hate the state of America. Homeboy shares a tweet and a blurb and you assume it to be true.

"Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes"

"More compelling is the possibility that wearing a mask may reduce the likelihood of transmission from asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic health care workers with Covid-19 to other providers and patients. This concern increases as Covid-19 becomes more widespread in the community."

What's retarded about your ilk is you don't understand the reason people wear masks, it's not to avoid getting sick, but to avoid getting others sick fif you are. Stop being a god damned fool.

I can link to NEJM editorials too

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2007263

5. Inspire and mobilize the public. In this all-out effort, everyone has a part to play and virtually everyone is willing. We have begun to unleash American ingenuity in creating new treatments and a vaccine, providing a greater variety and number of diagnostic tests, and using the power of information technology, social media, artificial intelligence, and high-speed computing to devise novel solutions. These efforts should be intensified. Everyone can help reduce the risk of exposure and support their friends and neighbors in this critical time. After all health workers have the masks they need, the U.S. Postal Service and willing private companies can join to deliver surgical masks and hand sanitizer to every American household. If everyone wears a surgical mask outside the home, those who are presymptomatic and infected will be less likely to spread the infection to others. And if everyone wears a mask, no stigma is attached.
    Do you think this supports that masks are effective in everyday lif
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    NZ looks like a wonderful place.
    Weren't you there just a few years ago ?
    I seem to remember pics

Yesterday I was asking about their response and results to Covid-19.
    i was there in 2016 and 2013 (i think) for a few weeks each time

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

57Brave (05-30-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    I don't know about you, but I'm more concerned about ozark swim party than the fires and looting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I'm unsure how no criticism of social distancing has occurred. Those peaceful protestors a week ago were destroyed for it.

Its almost as if the media doesn't like conservatives.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Wearing a mask is a pain and makes it hard to breathe, but it's not like a cop has his knee on your carotid artery, cutting off the blood flow to your brain.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Hard to argue

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

thethe (05-30-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    For ****'s sake...when those "peaceful" protests were going on that people complained about we were in a complete lockdown almost everywhere. We are not now. It is still an issue, obviously, but it is not the same thing. ALSO, these people are protesting someone being murdered (and many many many other similar murders) while the others were complaining because they had to stay inside for a little bit. You could make an argument that these protests are self-defense. In addition, if these protestors had been carrying guns, they wouldn't even have had a chance to get across the street, let alone scream in the face of police officers while carrying weapons.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Hard to argue

Seems pretty obvious. But I am curious to see how cases look in a couple of weeks in the cities with large protests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Do you think this supports that masks are effective in everyday lif