Page 446 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3463964364444454464474484564965469461446 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,920 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He used deaths per million population, not deaths per cases
    Yeah, I dont get the counter point nsacpi is trying to make here.

Leftists are in panic mode because they know the clock is running out and people are going to realize how much they ****ed up while red states saved their people despite sabotage methods from.the left in the form of 'peaceful' protests.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I saw hundreds of thousands of chukleheads around the world not caring for their fellow man. Any comments for those people?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I saw hundreds of thousands of chukleheads around the world not caring for their fellow man. Any comments for those people?
    They were spreading the virus no doubt.

But at least they were animated by a desire to make this country a better place for black and brown people.

There was a failure of imagination in not seeing that there were safer ways to make their point than mass protests.

There is an elderly couple I see most evenings on my commute home. They have been out there for weeks holding up signs supporting BLM. And lots of us have been honking our support to them. So there are ways to demonstrate support for all of our causes that dont involve spreading the virus.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    They were spreading the virus no doubt.

But at least they were animated by a desire to make this country a better place for black and brown people.

There was a failure of imagination in not seeing that there were safer ways to make their point than mass protests.

There is an elderly couple I see most evenings on my commute home. They have been out there for weeks holding up signs supporting BLM. And lots of us have been honking our support to them. So there are ways to demonstrate support for all of our causes that dont involve spreading the virus.
    Based on your history in this thread you believe that the spread of the virus leads to hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Are you saying because they had a 'cause' deemed worthy by you that the deaths of hundreds of thousand are justified?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Based on your history in this thread you believe that the spread of the virus leads to hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Are you saying because they had a 'cause' deemed worthy by you that the deaths of hundreds of thousand are justified?
    I think demonstrations spread the virus and killed some people. So did the George Floyd's funeral in Houston.

I also think there are ways to protest for change that wouldnt have done this. I went to a march in my town but it's a relatively small town, which made it easy at least for me to observe social distancing.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-01-2020 at 07:03 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Who didn't go to parties trying to catch viruses in college? Roll tide

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-st...ry?id=71552514

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    No worries. Nsacpi has assured us this is fine. It's the rando guy not wearing a mask which is the big problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    I’ve watched in alarm and dismay as the course of action recommended by almost all of our nation’s infectious-disease experts has been shunned by many of my fellow conservatives and Republicans. President Trump, Vice President Pence and many governors either refuse to wear a mask or wear one only occasionally, sending inconsistent messages about the importance of citizens wearing masks even as covid-19 spreads at record levels.

I live in Austin, where our state pushed to reopen absent clear communication and guidelines about the concerted individual and collective actions that would be essential to reopening safely. When leaders said “We are open for business,” too many citizens heard “Life is back to normal.” Although some Republicans are now speaking up, for weeks there were mixed or no messages about everyone’s personal responsibility to don a mask in public.

In recent days, as covid-19 cases have spiked, local government mandated businesses to require all customers to wear masks, but the damage may be done. Many mask-free weeks and the back-to-normal cavalier attitude appear to be driving the skyrocketing number of cases in Texas and many other states. When local news showed crowds at public events, beaches, bars and restaurants, with most attendees neither social distancing nor wearing masks, one could practically see the virus spreading.

That is reason to label failure to wear a mask as what it really is: an incredibly selfish act that puts other people’s lives at risk. Like yelling “fire!” in a packed theater or brandishing a loaded gun in a crowd, failing to don a mask greatly increases the risk that one person will endanger others. Wearing a mask is also an important reminder that life is not normal and that a deadly disease stalks our society and we all need to take other precautions, including social distancing, regular hand-washing and minimal face-touching.

Like too much else in our country, this issue has been politicized, egged on by a president whose inexplicable refusal to wear a mask sets a terrible example. Unfortunately, his actions gave cover for too many Republican governors to bow to the strident voices opposed to government restrictions on personal liberty, rather than calling on all of us to act on our personal responsibility to protect others.

While wearing a mask is not a political issue, it is a moral one. The choice and stakes are clear: the minor inconvenience of donning a mask vs. potentially threatening other people’s lives. The options are not equal on any scale of duty, honor, citizenship, or service to God and others. Amid a deadly viral pandemic, wearing a mask is the only responsible course of action.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-are-failing/

Karen Hughes, with some cogesnt observations.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 07-01-2020 at 09:51 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Until government and health officials shun mass protests, there is no purpose in listening to anything they say

This is pure politics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    If masks really worked, then wouldn't cancer be cured by now? Checkmate, atheists.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewdat For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-01-2020), Tapate50 (07-02-2020)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    it's wild that we still have people arguing against masks in this thread

one still thinks people being outside and mostly masked up is the same as inside and no one wearing masks but i digress

you can literately look at how well asian countries are handling this by everyone masking up. it ain't hard to see the very easy difference in handling of this
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    You continuing the fiction that the massive protests did not spread the virus - at the exact time the virus started massively spreading - is an unfathomable amount of stupidity that is difficult for me to understand

Meanwhile, the California governor is simultaneously encouraging protests while closing beaches.

It's all politics baby

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i literately linked you those stories not linking it to that

i mean, if we were contact tracing, it would be easier to know for certain

but, freedom

or some other stupid buzz word on how to not handle a pandemic

you yourself and i agreed that outdoor restrictions went too far sometimes.

that you continue to equate outdoor with most wearing masks as similar to indoor with no masks is what drives me crazy with your false equivalency
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

but, freedom

that you continue to equate outdoor with most wearing masks as similar to indoor with no masks is what drives me crazy with your false equivalency
    Considering it NYC you weren't allowed to ask if they attended protests we probabaly still wouldn't have 'proof'
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post

but, freedom

Goldy- you are too smart to believe this. Honestly, any article that says the protests didn’t spark outbreaks is 100% full of **** and politically biased. It spread in our hospital like wildfire even thought everyone had full PPE. It’s impossible unless we know nothing about this virus. Masks or no, it still spread and people likely died (other than the violent protests portion where other people were killed)
    Last edited by Tapate50; 07-02-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    Ivermectin Man