Page 1111 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 11161110111061110111091110111111121113112111611211 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,220 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    “Natural immunity croc”

Woo boy
    it is a croc when you consider what is entailed in the process of acquiring it

hint: it isn't done by sitting around in your backyard and clicking on "natural immunity"

you have to get out there and get infected and in the process contribute to the infection of a bunch of other people who may or may not share your objective of acquiring natural immunity

thank god no one had the bright idea that natural immunity was the way to go with polio and other diseases...even though it is indisputably a fact that natural immunity is more effective than vaccine-acquired immunity for all those diseases
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-15-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://reason.com/2021/09/14/the-da...-in-australia/

The city of Sydney is in week 12 of a harsh lockdown that has seen residents in the worst-affected areas confined to their homes 23 hours a day, with just 60 minutes permitted outside for exercise. When people do venture out, it must be between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.

In other parts of Sydney, life is a little easier. People can go out for an early-morning or late-night run, but must stick to a roughly three-mile radius from their home. With the exception of grocery stores, pharmacies, and takeout food and coffee, everything is closed. There have been ripples of protest, but police have promptly shut them down, with organizers facing jail sentences and participants forced to pay millions in fines.

In Melbourne, the government has closed playgrounds and told residents not to watch the sunset. When protestors gathered, police used pepper spray and rubber bullets to disperse them. A child holding a sign saying "let me play" received a face full of pepper spray.

Melbourne was once voted among the world's most livable, desirable cities. Now it's best known for being one of the world's most locked-down cities: More than 225 days and counting of police checking if residents have a reasonable excuse to leave their homes. The federal and state governments have begun to admit the "zero COVID" strategy is unachievable and is limping towards some kind of reopening.

Australia can try to say it did everything possible to stop the spread (except better prioritization of vaccines). The country has surrendered freedom of movement, prohibited people from leaving the country, the state, a three-mile radius, or in many cases their homes. It has only recently begun to count the human cost of these strict lockdowns.

The obsession with lockdowns surely saved some lives from COVID-19, but it also meant that COVID-19 became the only disease it was unacceptable for a life to be lost to. There is a human cost in terms of diseases not treated, medical appointments missed, and symptoms ignored. A "shadow pandemic" of domestic violence has emerged. An average of 40 minors a day in New South Wales are hospitalized due to self-harm and suicide attempts—up 47 percent from 2019. Our suicide hotline has hit multiple all-time records. Many are watching their life savings slowly dwindle. The restaurant where my partner and I had our first date, an establishment which has been a part of the community for 30 years, recently closed its doors forever. These businesses often represent a lifetime of effort lost.

————

Just don’t use the “T” word…
    Its truly remarkable the lecturing buffoon sees no problem with this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    it is a croc when you consider what is entailed in the process of acquiring it

hint: it isn't done by sitting around in your backyard and clicking on "natural immunity"

you have to get out there and get infected and in the process contribute to the infection of a bunch of other people who may or may not share your objective of acquiring natural immunity

thank god no one had the bright idea that natural immunity was the way to go with polio and other diseases...even though it is indisputably a fact that natural immunity is more effective than vaccine-acquired immunity for all those diseases
    Well when you actually udnerstood the data coming from Europe in early 2020 you would know the fastest and most effective way out of the pandemic was to make sure the right people got infected.

You have been wrong every step of the way.

"Natural Immunity Croc" Easily the most laughable thing you've said on this board now supplanting your idiotic "German" comments.

The burden on hospitalizations is the 'Croc' as you say. It aint because of peoples vaccination status. Its because of their health.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The guy actually said "Natural Immunity Croc" for a virus where 99.9% of people who aren't above 70 and aren't fat survive from with a hospitalization rate that isn't even far off from there.

What a ****ing world man.

This guy actually thinks he was right. Amazing.

27X buddy

27X
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://reason.com/2021/09/14/the-da...-in-australia/

The city of Sydney is in week 12 of a harsh lockdown that has seen residents in the worst-affected areas confined to their homes 23 hours a day, with just 60 minutes permitted outside for exercise. When people do venture out, it must be between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.

In other parts of Sydney, life is a little easier. People can go out for an early-morning or late-night run, but must stick to a roughly three-mile radius from their home. With the exception of grocery stores, pharmacies, and takeout food and coffee, everything is closed. There have been ripples of protest, but police have promptly shut them down, with organizers facing jail sentences and participants forced to pay millions in fines.

In Melbourne, the government has closed playgrounds and told residents not to watch the sunset. When protestors gathered, police used pepper spray and rubber bullets to disperse them. A child holding a sign saying "let me play" received a face full of pepper spray.

Melbourne was once voted among the world's most livable, desirable cities. Now it's best known for being one of the world's most locked-down cities: More than 225 days and counting of police checking if residents have a reasonable excuse to leave their homes. The federal and state governments have begun to admit the "zero COVID" strategy is unachievable and is limping towards some kind of reopening.

Australia can try to say it did everything possible to stop the spread (except better prioritization of vaccines). The country has surrendered freedom of movement, prohibited people from leaving the country, the state, a three-mile radius, or in many cases their homes. It has only recently begun to count the human cost of these strict lockdowns.

The obsession with lockdowns surely saved some lives from COVID-19, but it also meant that COVID-19 became the only disease it was unacceptable for a life to be lost to. There is a human cost in terms of diseases not treated, medical appointments missed, and symptoms ignored. A "shadow pandemic" of domestic violence has emerged. An average of 40 minors a day in New South Wales are hospitalized due to self-harm and suicide attempts—up 47 percent from 2019. Our suicide hotline has hit multiple all-time records. Many are watching their life savings slowly dwindle. The restaurant where my partner and I had our first date, an establishment which has been a part of the community for 30 years, recently closed its doors forever. These businesses often represent a lifetime of effort lost.

————

Just don’t use the “T” word…
    Just hard to believe Australia has gone to this length.
    Ivermectin Man

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pointment.html

The mother of a young woman who died from cancer has told MPs her daughter might still be alive if she was seen by her GP face-to-face.

Jessica Brady, 27, from Stevenage in Hertfordshire, passed away from liver cancer in December after a series of virtual appointments over the course of five months failed to spot her tumour.

Her mother, Andrea, told the Health and Social Care Committee today that Jessica was repeatedly denied an in-person appointment after first complaining of abdominal pain last summer, despite the epidemic being largely under control at that point.

She was diagnosed with a kidney infection 'in the absence of any diagnostic testing or any physical examination at all' and prescribed with antibiotics.

When she became extremely fatigued and her symptoms worsened, she was only prescribed more antibiotics, steroids, and an inhaler.

One set of blood tests even revealed Jessica had high D-dimer levels, which can be a signal of solid cancers, the mother told MPs.

And subsequent tests identified concerns regarding her liver function – which her mother said makes sense now as she had liver cancer – but medics decided to wait six weeks to see what happened.

Doctors didn't put 'the pieces of the jigsaw together' that it was cancer until five months later, by which point the cancer had spread around Jessica's body and become untreatable.

It comes as Health Secretary Sajid Javid demanded 'more GPs should be offering face-to-face access' and 'we intend to do a lot more about it'.

Figures show a third fewer people in England are seeing a GP now than before the pandemic and tens of millions of appointments were 'lost' during Covid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    "Natural Immunity Croc"

Can't makeup that level of stupid.

WOW
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Occupy Democrats
    @OccupyDemocrats
    ·
    31m
    BREAKING: A large Florida landlord announces that he will begin requiring all

new and existing tenants to provide proof of COVID vaccination, saying,

“You don't want to get vaccinated?

You have to move, and if you don't,

we will evict you.”
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Its weird but unsurprising that the left so enthusiastically supports governments and businesses removing bodily autonomy on us citizens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Its weird but unsurprising that the left so enthusiastically supports governments and businesses removing bodily autonomy on us citizens
    not at all...i 100% support your right to be unvaccinated...i even give it my blessings

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Weird that anyone actually believes masks work.
    Last edited by thethe; 09-15-2021 at 12:02 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    not at all...i 100% support your right to be unvaccinated...i even give it my blessings
    Do you support fat people living an unhealthy life in the same way along with the ramifications of those choices?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Tell you what though - Using Covid Vaccines as the premise is an easy way to kick black people out of your complex.....
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    color me
    gosh, I thought you surely would side with the landlord !!!
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    Do you support fat people living an unhealthy life in the same way along with the ramifications of those choices?
    100%...same as with my 100% support for you and sturg to stay unvaccinated...blessings to everybody

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    100%...same as with my 100% support for you and sturg to stay unvaccinated...blessings to everybody
    So who should foot the bill when a fat person goes into the hospital with heart problems?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    I'm happily on the bandwagon that every single individual is responsible for their health care costs, with zero subsidies from others.

I'm not on the bandwagon for selectively choosing what we must subsidize bc it aligns with a certain political agenda

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-15-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    I'm happily on the bandwagon that every single individual is responsible for their health care costs, with zero subsidies from others.

I'm not on the bandwagon for selectively choosing what we must subsidize bc it aligns with a certain political agenda
    i know that being the rugged individualist and firm believer in individual responsibility that you are that you would never go to a hospital if you got sick with covid...you would stay home and do your own research to come up with the best home remedy

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,538 Posts
    So who should foot the bill when a fat person goes into the hospital with heart problems?
    that's where the junk food tax comes in...calibrate it so it covers those costs

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    i know that being the rugged individualist and firm believer in individual responsibility that you are that you would never go to a hospital if you got sick with covid...you would stay home and do your own research to come up with the best home remedy
    I'd go to the hospital and ****ing pay for my health care