Page 957 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 457857907947955956957958959967100710571457 ... LastLast
Results 19,121 to 19,140 of 29591

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I do not want that. I just want more of you to agree with me.
    And I'm confused why they don't despite all that we know now on the BIG items that have divided us over the years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I do not want that. I just want more of you to agree with me.
    Well... that also wasn't directed at you... you may lean right... but you're at least fair

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-29-2021)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The left all believe the same thing. Whatever government officials and approved media tell them to believe.

IIWII
    Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    This reminds of trying to talk about anything here with some certain posters

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    "I have a right to force everyone to do what I want them to do"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    "I have a right to force everyone to do what I want them to do"
    imagine listening to that constitutional lawyer/law professor and this is your response lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    The point he is making is he wants to be on a flight that is reasonably safe for him to not get a potentially deadly virus. If the airline wont provide that he will make other arraignments. I dont imagine theres a big market for flights where they let everyone on with no screening. I bet you wouldnt even go on that flight
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    imagine listening to that constitutional lawyer/law professor and this is your response lol

I agree with Dershowitz in this instance but he destroyed any legal credibility he had in the last few years with outright bizarre takes on things.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-30-2021)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    The point he is making is he wants to be on a flight that is reasonably safe for him to not get a potentially deadly virus. If the airline wont provide that he will make other arraignments. I dont imagine theres a big market for flights where they let everyone on with no screening. I bet you wouldnt even go on that flight
    We could let the market sort out your last couple of sentences. Have vaccine-only flights and have flights with no screening. Let people self sort and see how it plays out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Biden regime going to lock us down and blue state tyrants will comply.

****, I need to move.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/29/o...gtype=Homepage

There is a better way to carry out masking recommendations, by closely linking them to three specific factors:
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Dan Price
    @DanPriceSeattle

If you think it's oppressive for corporations to require vaccines,

wait 'til you hear about unpaid internships, mandated overtime,

unpaid sick days, raiding of retirement funds, non-compete agreements

for fast-food workers, everything Amazon does,

at-will employment agreements,

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/29/h...nsmission.html

Q: Nearly all public-health authorities in the country are urging people to get vaccines. We see the incredible results that the vaccines have had and how many lives they’re saving, and still the F.D.A. has not offered full, permanent approval of the vaccine. President Biden suggested it might take several more months. How do you understand that, or how can that be defended, if it can be?

A: I find it incredibly puzzling what exactly the F.D.A. is doing. The F.D.A. says that it typically takes them six months or sometimes as much as a year to fully approve a new product. And, generally, we appreciate that. There are two components to that. One is that they want to see a large amount of data, and they want to go through that carefully, and I think that’s essential. Then the second is that there’s a process, which can take a while. This is a global emergency, and while all of us want to make sure that the F.D.A. does its job, most of us also feel that just operating on standard procedures may not be the right thing to do here, and that there are things that can be sped up. Just as with the development of vaccines, we didn’t cut any corners. We did all the steps, but we did it much, much faster. The F.D.A. has to go much, much faster.

The other thing about the data—the amount of data that the vaccines have generated, the number of people who’ve been vaccinated, and the scrutiny that the data has received. I mean, my goodness, this data has been scrutinized and looked over more than—

Q: I’d imagine it’s more than any data in modern history, right?

A: Any therapy, any vaccine ever. These are the most highly scrutinized medical products we have ever had, and I don’t understand what the F.D.A. is doing.

—————

^ Ashish Jha, dean of the School of Public Health at Brown University

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post

Q: Nearly all public-health authorities in the country are urging people to get vaccines. We see the incredible results that the vaccines have had and how many lives they’re saving, and still the F.D.A. has not offered full, permanent approval of the vaccine. President Biden suggested it might take several more months. How do you understand that, or how can that be defended, if it can be?

A: I find it incredibly puzzling what exactly the F.D.A. is doing. The F.D.A. says that it typically takes them six months or sometimes as much as a year to fully approve a new product. And, generally, we appreciate that. There are two components to that. One is that they want to see a large amount of data, and they want to go through that carefully, and I think that’s essential. Then the second is that there’s a process, which can take a while. This is a global emergency, and while all of us want to make sure that the F.D.A. does its job, most of us also feel that just operating on standard procedures may not be the right thing to do here, and that there are things that can be sped up. Just as with the development of vaccines, we didn’t cut any corners. We did all the steps, but we did it much, much faster. The F.D.A. has to go much, much faster.

The other thing about the data—the amount of data that the vaccines have generated, the number of people who’ve been vaccinated, and the scrutiny that the data has received. I mean, my goodness, this data has been scrutinized and looked over more than—

A: Any therapy, any vaccine ever. These are the most highly scrutinized medical products we have ever had, and I don’t understand what the F.D.A. is doing.

—————

The point about the amount of data (highly scrutinized data at that) is a very good one.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    This reminds of trying to talk about anything here with some certain posters

EW, his privelege is showing. Flying is not a right. LOL

He can ****ing drive if he wants to be safe.
    Ivermectin Man

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-30-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post

—————

More people would get the vaccine if they A) got FDA approval and B) removed the liability waiver for the companies producing it.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    EW, his privelege is showing. Flying is not a right. LOL

He can ****ing drive if he wants to be safe.
    "Build your own airplane."
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (07-30-2021), Tapate50 (07-30-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Chris Hayes
    @chrislhayes
    ·
    12h
    You’re telling me I have to buckle my seatbelt even though I

have airbags!!! Either the airbags work or the seatbelt works

but it can’t be both!!!

this really isnt hard. Unless ...

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Honestly what is the endgame for the pro maskers, if there is in fact an end game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Pro maskers?

You ask the silliest besides the point questions.
    Pro maskers