Page 785 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2856857357757837847857867877958358851285 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,700 of 29591

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    That was before his EO and the lockdown of the state for months longer than it needed to be.

Difference between me and you is that I learn each day and adapt. You were praising Cuomo when it was clear the nursing home numbers were fake.
    No need to fight. You were both wrong about Cuomo, he’s always been awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    ������������ ��������
    @Sundae_Gurl
    ·
    11h
    So many Americans have died because we're not equipped

for a crisis where the primary rule for survival is being unselfish.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I agree.

Obesity and selfishness go hand and hand.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    And people lack common sense and general life skills ...

You forgot those Sundae Girl
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I agree.

Obesity and selfishness go hand and hand.

Genetics and mental illness play a big hand in it too You can’t fault someone for being overweight when they’re destined to be.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (03-04-2021), Jaw (03-04-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Genetics and mental illness play a big hand in it too You can’t fault someone for being overweight when they’re destined to be.
    I'm glad to see one of my friends on the right making such good sense on something like this.

It seems evident to me that a lot of things in life (such as obesity, mental illness, poverty) are due to a combination of things. Some within our control. Some not (genetics, bad luck, etc). To recognize that some bad outcomes are not due to "lack responsibility" is not to imply we should not be responsible and try to do the best for ourselves and those around us.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-04-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (03-04-2021), Jaw (03-04-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I'm glad to see one of my friends on the right making such good sense on something like this.

It seems evident to me that a lot of things in life (such as obesity, mental illness, poverty) are due to a combination of things. Some within our control. Some not (genetics, bad luck, etc). To recognize that some bad outcomes are not due to "lack responsibility" is not to imply we should not be responsible and try to do the best for ourselves and those around us.
    I do not disagree, but I think more are attributed to this than is actually the case.

Our society loves a crutch.

And I'm not sure bad luck has anything to do with it.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    It is cheaper to eat unhealthy. Antidepressants can make you gain weight, even under ideal circumstances. Genetics. Health issues (like thyroid). There are several other reasons I could list about why people are obese before getting to selfishness. Some of you are ****ing ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    It is cheaper to eat unhealthy. Antidepressants can make you gain weight, even under ideal circumstances. Genetics. Health issues (like thyroid). There are several other reasons I could list about why people are obese before getting to selfishness. Some of you are ****ing ridiculous.
    Bad eating habits are sometimes a form of "self-medication" for people with mental health and other problems. Depression can make brushing your teeth a chore. So not surprisingly exercise will often fall out the window.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (03-05-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I don't disagree, but there are many people that are on antidepressants that don't need to be and they make you "gain" weight, not become obese. There are not that many people THAT genetically predisposed to obesity. Its a huge issue in this country.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    You can’t also use anecdotes to explain a raging epidemic of selfishness
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Bad eating habits are sometimes a form of "self-medication" for people with mental health and other problems. Depression can make brushing your teeth a chore. So not surprisingly exercise will often fall out the window.
    It is self sabotage that gets blamed on outside factors. In the end, it is personal responsibility that needs to rule over the mind\body.
    Ivermectin Man

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Personal responsibility is white supremacist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    It is self sabotage that gets blamed on outside factors. In the end, it is personal responsibility that needs to rule over the mind\body.
    Make enough excuses for people and then nobody is to blame!
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    Make enough excuses for people and then nobody is to blame!
    Nah Republicans are to blame for not wanting to nationalize health care because look how much we are spending on all the fat people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Personal responsibility is white supremacist
    It’s absolutely absurd the level of excuses we will make for people poor choices.

Nobody is forcing you to eat fried food. Nobody is forcing you to eat the second helping. Nobody is forcing you to eat all that sugar. Nobody is forcing you to stay on the couch and watch tv.

Society of victims.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    BTW I was in the BSOML last March before covid hit... I gained like 10 lbs in the spring while under lockdown and eating like ****, drinking all the time. After I realized how nonsensical the lockdowns were I started working out again and shedding that weight... but I can't imagine how many people are still waiting for the government to give them permission to go back to the gym and don't eat a bunch of non perishable foods out of fear of grocery stores

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    It’s absolutely absurd the level of excuses we will make for people poor choices.

Nobody is forcing you to eat fried food. Nobody is forcing you to eat the second helping. Nobody is forcing you to eat all that sugar. Nobody is forcing you to stay on the couch and watch tv.

Society of victims.

I don’t think you know how it works. A lot of obese people can’t help it. Some can. They don’t see fast food and get a raging Boner from it.

It’s like blaming stupid people for being stupid. Some make bad choices and try not to focus on school but some people can’t help it. We all know those kids from school, who never opened a book or did homework but it came naturally to them and they got all a’s. Then there are kids who no matter how hard they studied, did practice tests, note cards etc, it wouldn’t stick in thier brain and they did bad in school. That’s genetics. You can’t help that. There’s people who eat like **** but because they were born with good genes and high metabolism it doesn’t effect them and the opposite is also true.

Sure some people are fat because they don’t care and some people are stupid because they don’t care about school but genetics has a lot to do about who you are and you can’t help that or change that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I don’t think you know how it works. A lot of obese people can’t help it. Some can. They don’t see fast food and get a raging Boner from it.

It’s like blaming stupid people for being stupid. Some make bad choices and try not to focus on school but some people can’t help it. We all know those kids from school, who never opened a book or did homework but it came naturally to them and they got all a’s. Then there are kids who no matter how hard they studied, did practice tests, note cards etc, it wouldn’t stick in thier brain and they did bad in school. That’s genetics. You can’t help that. There’s people who eat like **** but because they were born with good genes and high metabolism it doesn’t effect them and the opposite is also true.

Sure some people are fat because they don’t care and some people are stupid because they don’t care about school but genetics has a lot to do about who you are and you can’t help that or change that.
    We can use anecdotes for any situation. Doesn’t mean we should extrapolate to the whole population.

Life is about choices. Mild exercise on its own will prevent morbid obesity. Nothing is stopping anyone from walking 2-4 miles a day to start.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    BTW I was in the BSOML last March before covid hit... I gained like 10 lbs in the spring while under lockdown and eating like ****, drinking all the time. After I realized how nonsensical the lockdowns were I started working out again and shedding that weight... but I can't imagine how many people are still waiting for the government to give them permission to go back to the gym and don't eat a bunch of non perishable foods out of fear of grocery stores
    I knew we'd have a BSOML post this spring!

I was in the same boat. We had just come back from a trip in Feb and I had gotten trim for it. March hit and I got the flu, then covid shut it all down and we drank 5x nights a week, and ordered take out from the few places that were open and needing the business. Flash forward to homeschooling kids, trying to get work done, and just the stress of it and I probably gained 10 lbs easy. By June the ship got back on track and watched our intake.

Stress relief from a workout is a powerful tool. It is also empowering. My wife and I coach classes and PT at our home on the side, and most of what people need to push themselves is all mental.

Everyone, and I everyone needs to listen or follow David Goggins on ig or on his Joe Rogan appearances. He has a great book called Can't Hurt Me. There are ways to train that aren't physical in nature and once your mind is trained to do hard things, the sky is the limit.
    Ivermectin Man