Page 378 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 2783283683763773783793803884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 29591

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    About what I expected. Fox runs a story yesterday and quotes something from March. This is not literally false. And part of the issue is the WHO not updating its guidance on this in months. But it is misleading to suggest that the WHO just came out with guidance saying this.

It is an interesting story only to the extent it illustrates bureaucratic inertia at the WHO. That is an important story, but not the story Fox is running about the guidance on masks.

So if someone wants to have a reasonable basis for criticizing the WHO there you have it. Bureaucratic inertia. A problem endemic to large unwieldly organizations. Not entirely excusable when we have an urgent need for laidership and timely guidance from the WHO.
    Have the CDC or the WHO been right or useful about anything?

Why do we trust these bloated government orgs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Science is about learning folks. Masks do no harm and the science increasingly indicates could be of considerable benefit.
    Of course they do harm. It has materially changed how we live in society.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    SF now mandating them for runners.

This is purely about control. If you mandate something you need evidence as to why
    I think governments need to have some common sense. These nuisance regulations are counterproductive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Have the CDC or the WHO been right or useful about anything?

Why do we trust these bloated government orgs?
    They certainly have screwed up bigly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Of course they do harm. It has materially changed how we live in society.
    Explain how the masks do harm.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    It has input the thoughts in peoples minds to avoid any semblance of close contact.

Absolutely devastating for society.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    How about they are annoying as ****, and makes it harder to breathe?

Explain how handcuffing your hands do harm!

I know you love daddy govt to tell you what to do but some of like to make our own choices

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    How about they are annoying as ****, and makes it harder to breathe?

Explain how handcuffing your hands do harm!

I know you love daddy govt to tell you what to do but some of like to make our own choices
    lol
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think picking dog poop and sorting recyclables were mentioned in another thread.

I mean its kind of annoying to do these things. Wearing a mask during a pandemic kind of falls under the consideration for others category similar to picking up after your dog. Anyone who has had young children will understand similar dynamics at work. You don't take them to an event where they will get distracted and ruin things for other people (you pay the price by hiring a babysitter). If you take them to a restaurant, you clean up after them or leave an extra large tip.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-29-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Its so obvious it works based on actual results that it could be nothing other than big pharma influence and the insanity of the left with regards to anything trump.
    One of the authors of the veterans study received a $247,000 grant from Gilead in 2018. LOL! You can't make this **** up. Remdesivir, anyone?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    I don’t think masks should be mandated by the government (private businesses should be able to mandate), but I do think it’s a common courtesy you should extend to your fellow man.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I don’t think masks should be mandated by the government (private businesses should be able to mandate), but I do think it’s a common courtesy you should extend to your fellow man.
    Truth be known that's probably why so many people are fighting against wearing them so hard.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

Runnin (05-29-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    One of the authors of the veterans study received a $247,000 grant from Gilead in 2018. LOL! You can't make this **** up. Remdesivir, anyone?
    Funny how Remdesivir was pumped the first chance and now you hear nothing. Meanwhile doctors around the world are prescribing HCQ with fantastic results.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    New York executive order allows store owners to deny entry to people without masks.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/store-o...ecutive-order/

When asked if he expects any conflicts to arise due to the order, Cuomo said: "It's New York, you can have a conflict if you say 'good morning.'" He added that people "don't have the right" to expose a store owner to the virus.

The governor stressed that wearing a mask is a sign of respect to others, and is critical in protecting the vulnerable.

somehow this is controversial...I don't get it

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Here's an article about masking in New England journal of medicine.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...6372?query=TOC

Check this part out...

"...We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic...."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Check this part out...

"...We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic...."
    Party of science.

Its all about control.

Saying its out of respect for your fellow man is a punk move since it has little impact.

Sheep eat it up.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

Check this part out...

The bolded part is key. If you walk past someone on the street or a park, the risks are very low with or without a mask.

If you intubate someone with the coughing that usually is involved, a mask is very important.

There is a wide range of interactions that fall between the two and the research on asymptomatic spread via droplets and aerosols indicates that there is risk if you have a conversation with someone. Or if you are going to a setting where there lots of people milling around.

I also think there is a little bit of a fallacy of composition at work in some of the opposition to masks. The risks to each individual from each individual interaction are low. From that it doesn't follow that there is no social risk from the sum of all interactions.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-29-2020 at 01:26 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    The bolded part is key. If you walk past someone on the street or a park, the risks are very low with or without a mask.

If you intubate someone with the coughing that usually is involved, a mask is very important.

There is a wide range of interactions that fall between the two and the research on asymptomatic spread via droplets and aerosols indicates that there is risk if you have a conversation with someone. Or if you are going to a setting where there lots of people milling around.

I also think there is a little bit of a fallacy of composition at work in some of the opposition to masks. The risks to each individual from each individual interaction are low. From that it doesn't follow that there is no social risk from the sum of all interactions.
    I would think the mask used to intubate is different than the cloth one with a braves' logo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Hey everyone there is 0 evidence this actually does anything but were gonna mandate you wear it to participate in society

Whatever happened to "my body my choice" people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I would think the mask used to intubate is different than the cloth one with a braves' logo
    Great point.

What a disaster this whole situation has been. Everyone in charge has gotten pretty mich everything wrong.
    Natural Immunity Croc