Page 457 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 3574074474554564574584594675075579571457 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,140 of 29591

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Cancer survivor, 17, died of coronavirus after mother took her to huge church “Covid party”

A teenager who survived cancer died of coronavirus after her mother took her to a 100-person church ‘Covid party’ where no-one wore masks. Carsyn Davis, 17, died in Miami, Florida, last month, with her mother Carole Brunton Davis since condemned for taking the immunocompromised youngster to a huge party where no one wore face masks or socially distanced. Data scientist Rebekah Jones leveled the accusation at Brunton Davis on her Florida Covid Victims website, branding the event a ‘Covid party’ and alleging that Brunton Davis brought Carsyn there ‘to intentionally expose her immuno-compromised daughter to this virus.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/07/cance...9/?ito=cbshare
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Holy crap. How dare someone change their mind when new research is done. I know its weird way of thinking as opposed to how you just believe what helps the democrats.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The cognitive dissonance around here is staggering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Experts that said HCQ was dangerous?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Guess cat got your tongue nsacpi.

Or maybe you are ashamed you spread propoganda that caused the deaths of tens of thousands.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    First of all, we have no clue he really took anything. Second, of course he would! That is so obvious. Come on.

As for it being the #1 story and tens of thousands of lives that could have been saved, etc - We do have a process when it comes to stuff like this. Nothing you or I say is going to change that process, and it was still going on while people argued back and forth regarding the medication. There are MANY reasons we have a process, not least of which is that even if a treatment is effective, it can have dire side effects that we need to be aware of. When the president was screaming about it and trying to push it through, it had not reached this stage of the process. Not even close. What he did was the equivalent of trying to get a vaccine pushed through the moment it showed even a little promise. It is reckless, and it is reckless in particular with the lives of others. If it had been Trump the failed businessman and con artist pushing it, who cares? But it was Trump the ****ing president. It is ridiculous that it ever happened. He is hurting the process FAR MORE than anything anyone else has said or done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    First of all, we have no clue he really took anything. Second, of course he would! That is so obvious. Come on.

As for it being the #1 story and tens of thousands of lives that could have been saved, etc - We do have a process when it comes to stuff like this. Nothing you or I say is going to change that process, and it was still going on while people argued back and forth regarding the medication. There are MANY reasons we have a process, not least of which is that even if a treatment is effective, it can have dire side effects that we need to be aware of. When the president was screaming about it and trying to push it through, it had not reached this stage of the process. Not even close. What he did was the equivalent of trying to get a vaccine pushed through the moment it showed even a little promise. It is reckless, and it is reckless in particular with the lives of others. If it had been Trump the failed businessman and con artist pushing it, who cares? But it was Trump the ****ing president. It is ridiculous that it ever happened. He is hurting the process FAR MORE than anything anyone else has said or done.
    Only reason he hurt the process is that he invokes a feeling to abandon all science and data due to an absolute and core hatred of the man and the people that support him.

There was enough information to give people a choice to take it without endless propoganda of absurd studies [called out in real time mind you].

What was done was nothing short of a tragedy and resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Only reason he hurt the process is that he invokes a feeling to abandon all science and data due to an absolute and core hatred of the man and the people that support him.

There was enough information to give people a choice to take it without endless propoganda of absurd studies [called out in real time mind you].

What was done was nothing short of a tragedy and resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands.
    1. Even if true, this is something that could've been foreseen. He did not care. MANY people in power keep certain things unsaid until necessary because they know how their words can change things. He doesn't give a ****.

2. No, there wasn't. And giving medicine to someone during a pandemic where you don't know what it might actually do in the long run is unethical and dangerous af. That's how things get REALLY ****ed up. And they are not absurd studies. Those kind of studies are how we even got to the point where this kind of discussion can happen. This wasn't really even an option the last time something like this happened in American. You can thank science for that. The great news is that facts don't change because people are stupid, and because of that science and as such humanity continues to progress even during the low times of nearly absolute stupidity, though that progression is certainly hampered by it.

3. This is, at best, a shaded truth. There are many elements at play here. Many mistakes have been made and are continuing to be made. There are ignorant people in power on both sides, and the ignorance and willful stupidity are the true culprits. Meanwhile, we have people just wanting to use this sort of thing to keep Trump in power, screaming about liberals being pure evil. What a joke. I called it out regarding that study that said a certain percentage of democrats found republicans evil, and I will call it out here. These are the elements at play that are costing lives. People need to stop pointing fingers and trying to place blame and start trying to solve the ****ing problem, or, if they are completely unable to help in that way (which most of the stupid loudmouths are), they could have the human decency to get the hell out of the way of the people who can actually help, the people who are actually working toward solving this problem and saving far more than tens of thousands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Also, no one who actually matters in the process abandoned "all science and data" because of Trump. I'm starting to think we need to remove article titles so people actually have to form their own opinions after digesting the real material. Imagine that. Of course, that would involve reading and reading comprehension. Too much to ask of the large majority of our population.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-08-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

"I am your retribution."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (07-08-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    This is the enemy of progress, the enemy of humanity. People who think like this should be ignored and ridiculed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    People who think like this should be ignored and ridiculed.
    personally I would favor disembowelment

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    personally I would favor disembowelment
    Works for me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalyn For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (07-08-2020)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    LOL you want indefinite lockdown that I suspect would go away around November 4th

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    This is the enemy of progress, the enemy of humanity. People who think like this should be ignored and ridiculed.

who said this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    LOL you want indefinite lockdown that I suspect would go away around November 4th
    It shouldn't be a blanket law, just like with the lockdowns originally. No reasonable person wants to be on lockdown permanently. Certain risks are unnecessary. If you can work from home, for example, you should have that option. If you can do your schoolwork online, you should have that option. So on and so forth. The more political this gets, the dumber and more dangerous it seems to get.