Page 458 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3584084484564574584594604685085589581458 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Kanye. But I have seen the whole mark of the beast thing starting to go around, though mostly in connection to the coin shortage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Took a few minutes to re read the first 20 pages of this thread.

Interesting ---
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Secular Talk
    @KyleKulinski
    ·
    57m
    Japan has less than 1,000 covid deaths. They never went

in to full economic shut down. They have an unemployment

rate of 2.6%. How did they do it?

Virtually everybody wears a mask.

Americans have no idea how ****ing

stupid they look on the world stage.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Nsacpi writing for Bloomberg now.

TLHLIM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Secular Talk
    @KyleKulinski
    ·
    57m
    Japan has less than 1,000 covid deaths. They never went

in to full economic shut down. They have an unemployment

rate of 2.6%. How did they do it?

Virtually everybody wears a mask.

Americans have no idea how ****ing

stupid they look on the world stage.
    Or the research being done which shows antibodies and immune defense from similar viruses aids in the fight against the virus. And of course I'm sure you are aware these types of respiratory ailments are common in South East Asia. So maybe, just maybe these nations have a reinforced immune system specifically evolved to fight these viruses.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    1. Even if true, this is something that could've been foreseen. He did not care. MANY people in power keep certain things unsaid until necessary because they know how their words can change things. He doesn't give a ****.

2. No, there wasn't. And giving medicine to someone during a pandemic where you don't know what it might actually do in the long run is unethical and dangerous af. That's how things get REALLY ****ed up. And they are not absurd studies. Those kind of studies are how we even got to the point where this kind of discussion can happen. This wasn't really even an option the last time something like this happened in American. You can thank science for that. The great news is that facts don't change because people are stupid, and because of that science and as such humanity continues to progress even during the low times of nearly absolute stupidity, though that progression is certainly hampered by it.

3. This is, at best, a shaded truth. There are many elements at play here. Many mistakes have been made and are continuing to be made. There are ignorant people in power on both sides, and the ignorance and willful stupidity are the true culprits. Meanwhile, we have people just wanting to use this sort of thing to keep Trump in power, screaming about liberals being pure evil. What a joke. I called it out regarding that study that said a certain percentage of democrats found republicans evil, and I will call it out here. These are the elements at play that are costing lives. People need to stop pointing fingers and trying to place blame and start trying to solve the ****ing problem, or, if they are completely unable to help in that way (which most of the stupid loudmouths are), they could have the human decency to get the hell out of the way of the people who can actually help, the people who are actually working toward solving this problem and saving far more than tens of thousands.
    1. We are back to the point where you are criticizing Trump for recommending the use of a drug that has been shown to reduce mortality by 50%. Is this actually your position? There was plenty of historical science that has at least given enough reason to think that HCQ could be effective. The complete onslaught against the recommendation was not rooted/grounded in science or rational thought. It was yelling and screaming to score political points and resulted in the supression of again a treatment that may have reduced deaths by 50%. If your position is it acceptable for the power brokers in the world to prevent this type of information from the public then I will just not agree with it.

2. What are you basing that there wasn't. Would you like studies showing how Chloroquine/HCQ has been used historically to treat coronavirus? Or the early studies that of course were smaller in size because of the status of the infection curve that clearly showed improved outcomes. There is no way this treatment was dangerous. It has to be prescribed by a doctor and no doctor would give it to someone with obvious health conflicts. Its a drug that has been in circulation for decades. The message that it was potentially dangerous to take was the highest level of propoganda. There was an insignificant risk, especially in comparison to the risk of the CCP virus, to convince people not to take it. One of the most irresponsible things ever done in our nations history.

And yes, the studies showing HCQ was 'ineffective' were complete bull**** studies intentionally done to suppress the use of the treatment. It helped big pharma as well as the democrats so of course that is what the media lapdogs jumped on. Many called out those studies the minute they were released and some actually ended up being pulled due to how awful they were. Don't pretend like politics aren't at play here and that is purely scientific disagreement or the 'process'. We learned how ethical these scientists were once they weren't outraged at the protests.

3. My point to use it wasn't political at all. It was with concern of human life. It actually impacted me personally as my future wifes Father/Mother/Sister tested positive for the virus. Mother/Sister were relatively mild but her father was getting progressively worse. This was around when the initial French HCQ study was done. I told her to discuss it with her families doctor and fortunately he was also a Trump supporter and had Planequil/Zpacs stocked up. Her father almost instantly began improving. It may have ended up saving his life. Who knows but the whole family took the prescription and all were safe.

I simply cannot take the position against the drug serious even at the time. It was strictly political and cost tens of thousands of lives. Look at the nations that have adopted its use? They almost all have lower death rates. There were also studies done with the police force in India that showed incredible benefit for using HCQ. It was really clear for a long time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,319 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Isnt China in SE Asia?

Could be something as simple as Runnin said week or so ago. Civic responsibility voupled with common decenvy

Rather than the double speak and Rube Goldberg explanation I just read.

Quit actiing like you know what you are talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    1. We are back to the point where you are criticizing Trump for recommending the use of a drug that has been shown to reduce mortality by 50%. Is this actually your position? There was plenty of historical science that has at least given enough reason to think that HCQ could be effective. The complete onslaught against the recommendation was not rooted/grounded in science or rational thought. It was yelling and screaming to score political points and resulted in the supression of again a treatment that may have reduced deaths by 50%. If your position is it acceptable for the power brokers in the world to prevent this type of information from the public then I will just not agree with it.

2. What are you basing that there wasn't. Would you like studies showing how Chloroquine/HCQ has been used historically to treat coronavirus? Or the early studies that of course were smaller in size because of the status of the infection curve that clearly showed improved outcomes. There is no way this treatment was dangerous. It has to be prescribed by a doctor and no doctor would give it to someone with obvious health conflicts. Its a drug that has been in circulation for decades. The message that it was potentially dangerous to take was the highest level of propoganda. There was an insignificant risk, especially in comparison to the risk of the CCP virus, to convince people not to take it. One of the most irresponsible things ever done in our nations history.

And yes, the studies showing HCQ was 'ineffective' were complete bull**** studies intentionally done to suppress the use of the treatment. It helped big pharma as well as the democrats so of course that is what the media lapdogs jumped on. Many called out those studies the minute they were released and some actually ended up being pulled due to how awful they were. Don't pretend like politics aren't at play here and that is purely scientific disagreement or the 'process'. We learned how ethical these scientists were once they weren't outraged at the protests.

3. My point to use it wasn't political at all. It was with concern of human life. It actually impacted me personally as my future wifes Father/Mother/Sister tested positive for the virus. Mother/Sister were relatively mild but her father was getting progressively worse. This was around when the initial French HCQ study was done. I told her to discuss it with her families doctor and fortunately he was also a Trump supporter and had Planequil/Zpacs stocked up. Her father almost instantly began improving. It may have ended up saving his life. Who knows but the whole family took the prescription and all were safe.

I simply cannot take the position against the drug serious even at the time. It was strictly political and cost tens of thousands of lives. Look at the nations that have adopted its use? They almost all have lower death rates. There were also studies done with the police force in India that showed incredible benefit for using HCQ. It was really clear for a long time.
    1. He shouldn't have recommended it how and when he did. That is a fact. But I don't really care. I think it ultimately did relatively minimal damage. Same as with the people reacting badly toward it because of his recommendation.

2. A new virus can and often does require new treatment, despite whether or not said treatment was successful with previous viruses in the same family. Ignoring that and jumping straight to treatment is absolutely potentially dangerous, and it is certainly unethical. That is why the safeguards exist in the first place.

3a. That's great news. I'm glad people you cared about ended up safe. I really hope their doctor didn't prescribe something (or simply have it in stock) because he is a Trump supporter, however. Holy ****! Who wants a doctor like that? Wow.

3b. You can argue that straight opposition was politically motivated. Probably was. The people who do this for a living and were saying that there are necessary steps to take that haven't been taken yet and it's irresponsible to recommend this until they have been? Not the same, and not politically motivated.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,319 Posts
    I'm curious about those who hate wearing masks. Are they really that uncomfortable? You don't feel they're effective? You don't want to be mandated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    1. He shouldn't have recommended it how and when he did. That is a fact. But I don't really care. I think it ultimately did relatively minimal damage. Same as with the people reacting badly toward it because of his recommendation.

2. A new virus can and often does require new treatment, despite whether or not said treatment was successful with previous viruses in the same family. Ignoring that and jumping straight to treatment is absolutely potentially dangerous, and it is certainly unethical. That is why the safeguards exist in the first place.

3a. That's great news. I'm glad people you cared about ended up safe. I really hope their doctor didn't prescribe something (or simply have it in stock) because he is a Trump supporter, however. Holy ****! Who wants a doctor like that? Wow.

3b. You can argue that straight opposition was politically motivated. Probably was. The people who do this for a living and were saying that there are necessary steps to take that haven't been taken yet and it's irresponsible to recommend this until they have been? Not the same, and not politically motivated.
    The fact that he was a teump supporter means he got the correct information from the studies and media he consumed.

Sadly, I'm sure many that didn't allow themselves to hear more ended up with much worse outcomes.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Isnt China in SE Asia?

Could be something as simple as Runnin said week or so ago. Civic responsibility voupled with common decenvy

Rather than the double speak and Rube Goldberg explanation I just read.

Quit actiing like you know what you are talking about
    Shame you refuse to open your mind to actual science. All the information is there. I welcome you to research.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    I'm curious about those who hate wearing masks. Are they really that uncomfortable? You don't feel they're effective? You don't want to be mandated?
    Conflicting science and an unnecessary ask. If a business chooses to mabdate a mask and inwany to use their services then i will wear one.

Being outside? Get the hell out of here.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    The fact that he was a teump supporter means he got the correct information from the studies and media he consumed.

Sadly, I'm sure many that didn't allow themselves to hear more ended up with much worse outcomes.
    Ew

If I ever suspect my doctor of making medical decisions, especially potentially unethical ones, that are rooted in their political preferences, I will find myself a new doctor.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,319 Posts
    UnConflicting science and an unnecessary ask. If a business chooses to mabdate a mask and inwany to use their services then i will wear one.

Being outside? Get the hell out of here.
    Unnecessary ask?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Ew

If I ever suspect my doctor of making medical decisions, especially potentially unethical ones, that are rooted in their political preferences, I will find myself a new doctor.
    You are making such an odd point. The whole purpose of the trump supporter is that they are actually listening to what the science said and not basing their decision on a recommendation which is what the democtats and media did.

Outrageous to defend any suppression of HCQ now rhats iys so apparent it is a 'game changer'.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I wear mine for work. It is required, but I care about my patrons, so I would wear it regardless. Despite what some people are saying, there is enough evidence to support wearing them in public spaces to lower the risk to others. Now, out on the street where you can keep a healthy distance and are not required to spend more than a fleeting second around someone? No. That's not a thing that is necessary at all. Same goes for wearing one alone in your car, which I have seen lately. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    A look at what happened in Arizona.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...covid-outbreak
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Unnecessary ask?
    I could include numerous conflicting studies. Peoplr are acting like its a sure thing that they are preventing g spread in any material way.
    Natural Immunity Croc