Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So the federal disease authority should lie to the American people to stave off a panic?
    Did you want the economy to shut down earlier with panic sooner?

Practicality and pragmatism. Nurses and doctors on the frontlines need masks more, they're the ones actually fighting this up close.

Trump lied to the public about this thing for 2 months, and has been lying a good bit to try and retell the history of what has happened in the last 2 months to make him look like the hero in all of this.

We don't have an infinite amount of resources here.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    It's amazing to me, but not surprising, that you don't understand things like practicality.

It's easier to keep the public calm and take this serious if you tell them social distancing is going to go until April 30th, rather than keep extending it every 15 days.

The downside is, it may be a longer wait, the upside is, you can easily lift it if things start going well. And you know, since you and thethe keep saying this thing isn't even as bad as hyped up to be, Trump may very well lift those guidelines well before April 30th. If you tell people we're gonna wing it every 15 days, that's the absolute fastest way for people to just start ignoring it and slow the disease down.

We don't have a leader that instills calm and intelligence in what we're going through right now. As you have said sturg, Trump is a buffoon. He's not a leader. You only tolerate him because he cut taxes.

You have so many principles stuck up your ass I don't think you have ever quite understood the complexity of human psychology, and why your politicians like Ron Paul never win at anything meaningful or ever get any meaningful change done.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Trump in 2018 - if Democrats get the House they will impeach me, you cant let that happen

Democrats win the House and impeach Trump

Trump supporters-
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-03-2020)

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    sturg's pretense that he is impartial is literally the most absurd part of this forum.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Metaphysicist For This Useful Post:

goldfly (04-03-2020)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    sturg's pretense that he is impartial is literally the most absurd part of this forum.
    at least thethe and krgecw have been consistent forever on their Trump loving.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Did you want the economy to shut down earlier with panic sooner?

Practicality and pragmatism. Nurses and doctors on the frontlines need masks more, they're the ones actually fighting this up close.

Trump lied to the public about this thing for 2 months, and has been lying a good bit to try and retell the history of what has happened in the last 2 months to make him look like the hero in all of this.

We don't have an infinite amount of resources here.
    Well, what I was wondering was why it's ok for the CDC to lie to stave off a panic, but not the President.

Seems like the CDC, like the cheeto, could have slowed infections if they were just being honest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    Did you ever point out where I was illiterate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    at least thethe and krgecw have been consistent forever on their Trump loving.
    I know that in TDS world, that anyone who isn't 'trump is literally Hitler' = Trump can do no wrong.

But... something something pragmatism

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    This idiot and liar should stop talking about medical stuff

Actually, he shouldn’t even be at these “briefings”

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Well, what I was wondering was why it's ok for the CDC to lie to stave off a panic, but not the President.

Seems like the CDC, like the cheeto, could have slowed infections if they were just being honest?
    Let's see here.

If Trump urges action earlier to the public/population, and to local and state governments, we probably have a shutdown earlier and not have to have it dragged out as long as it needs to be. The downside is, the death count will be lower so people like you will complain we should have never shutdown to begin with. The upside is, playing it safer earlier, would allow us to get back to business sooner. Trump was only prolonging the inevitable. As was Kemp and DeSantis. And don't be surprised when FL and GA both have a spike due to inaction by both Governors.

And again, Trump constantly going on TV and contradicting the doctors and experts for weeks, and continuously crying foul about the Flu and not shutting downt he country over the flu, is a reason things have dragged and dragged. The country isn't on the same page. This disease doesn't stop at state lines and say oh you have a stay at home order in New York, so I can't tip toe over that line.

With people staying home, the need for masks isn't as high, and the masks can get to the hospital workers on the frontlines. I'm sure you have seen plenty of videos on twitter of healthcare workers having to make makeshift masks and uniforms just to keep going to work.

If the CDC says buy masks, masks will all be gone. They were already being price gauged on amazon in February because people already were hoarding them then. You see what happens when someone makes up a rumor about toilet paper and toilet paper is all sold out everywhere.

Again, practicality and human psychology. Things I think you just cannot wrap your head around.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I know that in TDS world, that anyone who isn't 'trump is literally Hitler' = Trump can do no wrong.

But... something something pragmatism
    I mean, look at the depths thethe goes to defend Trump. Would you say that's pragmatism? Have you seen krg or thethe objectively criticize anything Trump has done? Probably not, because they still think he's been pitching a perfect game for 3 years.

On the other hand, you can go through the archives here of "the left" posters criticizing Obama for things like drone strikes, etc.

With you, because you try to be the referee who's immune to partisanship on the outside of the circle, anytime the left calls out Trump for doing Trump things, it's an immediate rush for you to bring up Obama, followed by thethe being right next to your shoes not far behind.
    Forever Fredi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (04-03-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    It's amazing to me, but not surprising, that you don't understand things like practicality.

It's easier to keep the public calm and take this serious if you tell them social distancing is going to go until April 30th, rather than keep extending it every 15 days.

The downside is, it may be a longer wait, the upside is, you can easily lift it if things start going well. And you know, since you and thethe keep saying this thing isn't even as bad as hyped up to be, Trump may very well lift those guidelines well before April 30th. If you tell people we're gonna wing it every 15 days, that's the absolute fastest way for people to just start ignoring it and slow the disease down.

We don't have a leader that instills calm and intelligence in what we're going through right now. As you have said sturg, Trump is a buffoon. He's not a leader. You only tolerate him because he cut taxes.

You have so many principles stuck up your ass I don't think you have ever quite understood the complexity of human psychology, and why your politicians like Ron Paul never win at anything meaningful or ever get any meaningful change done.
    You ok, fella?

The damage we are doing to the economy is catastrophic. That is on Trump by the way, by not making a plan that weigh the pros and cons of this mess.

There's a certain point where people - especially young people - will decide they would take the chance with the virus than with their family starving. There's a certain point where this becomes violent. I dont think that point is very far away.

Governor blackface said June 10. Immediately my friends who supported the shut down texted me to tell me that is not doable.

How long does our government think we can not make money for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Let's see here.

If Trump urges action earlier to the public/population, and to local and state governments, we probably have a shutdown earlier and not have to have it dragged out as long as it needs to be. The downside is, the death count will be lower so people like you will complain we should have never shutdown to begin with. The upside is, playing it safer earlier, would allow us to get back to business sooner. Trump was only prolonging the inevitable. As was Kemp and DeSantis. And don't be surprised when FL and GA both have a spike due to inaction by both Governors.

And again, Trump constantly going on TV and contradicting the doctors and experts for weeks, and continuously crying foul about the Flu and not shutting downt he country over the flu, is a reason things have dragged and dragged. The country isn't on the same page. This disease doesn't stop at state lines and say oh you have a stay at home order in New York, so I can't tip toe over that line.

With people staying home, the need for masks isn't as high, and the masks can get to the hospital workers on the frontlines. I'm sure you have seen plenty of videos on twitter of healthcare workers having to make makeshift masks and uniforms just to keep going to work.

If the CDC says buy masks, masks will all be gone. They were already being price gauged on amazon in February because people already were hoarding them then. You see what happens when someone makes up a rumor about toilet paper and toilet paper is all sold out everywhere.

Again, practicality and human psychology. Things I think you just cannot wrap your head around.
    Of the two of us, I'm the one married to a doctor who is in New York managing this.

But Im glad to know it is OK for the CDC to lie

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    You ok, fella?

The damage we are doing to the economy is catastrophic. That is on Trump by the way, by not making a plan that weigh the pros and cons of this mess.

There's a certain point where people - especially young people - will decide they would take the chance with the virus than with their family starving. There's a certain point where this becomes violent. I dont think that point is very far away.

Governor blackface said June 10. Immediately my friends who supported the shut down texted me to tell me that is not doable.

How long does our government think we can not make money for?
    It's ok, the economy was doing fantastic a month ago. So once the leash is lifted, as Trump said, things will be back to normal in no-time.

The funny thing is, you criticize Trump for not having a contingency plan for the economy during this mess, but you and thethe think he was a brilliant economic mind who turned the economy over in one night.

If Trump doesn't have a plan now, it probably tells you the guy never had a plan when he came into office, and did whatever he could to get his name on anything. For you, it so happened to make you happy because he cut taxes.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    This idiot and liar should stop talking about medical stuff

Actually, he shouldn’t even be at these “briefings”

The CDC and the WHO says masks are worthless.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Of the two of us, I'm the one married to a doctor who is in New York managing this.

But Im glad to know it is OK for the CDC to lie

We don't even know if the CDC lied yet haas. Because they changed course of action on something once they got data (you know, that's kind of how the scientific process works), doesn't mean they've been here covering it up the whole time.

But I can tell you, we haven't heard from the CDC publicly since March 9th, since Trump shut them down publicly after the CDC head had a terrible day in front of congress trying to characterize this thing. And I'm pretty sure Trump is controlling the narrative from the CDC anyways.

I mean look at this beauty
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    It's ok, the economy was doing fantastic a month ago. So once the leash is lifted, as Trump said, things will be back to normal in no-time.

The funny thing is, you criticize Trump for not having a contingency plan for the economy during this mess, but you and thethe think he was a brilliant economic mind who turned the economy over in one night.

If Trump doesn't have a plan now, it probably tells you the guy never had a plan when he came into office, and did whatever he could to get his name on anything. For you, it so happened to make you happy because he cut taxes.
    The economy was quite fragile as I'd been saying for years thanks to the fed. This predated Trump but Trumps fed lowered rates and added liquidity unnecessarily

This crisis was the pin to pop the bubble.

Trumps policies of tax cuts and de regulation thankfully help make this catastrophe from being worse, but this will take many years to recover from.

No business can sustain months without revenue, and that has nothing to do with who is President.

I'm still waiting on your answer on what the Sav plan would have prevented?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    We don't even know if the CDC lied yet haas. Because they changed course of action on something once they got data (you know, that's kind of how the scientific process works), doesn't mean they've been here covering it up the whole time.

But I can tell you, we haven't heard from the CDC publicly since March 9th, since Trump shut them down publicly after the CDC head had a terrible day in front of congress trying to characterize this thing. And I'm pretty sure Trump is controlling the narrative from the CDC anyways.

I mean look at this beauty
    Wait didnt you say up thread that the CDC lied to stave off a panic?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    CDC began considering the cloth mask recommendation due to evidence that people without symptoms are transmitting the virus. A draft copy of the policy states that the CDC “… recommends the community use of cloth masks as an additional public health measure people can take to prevent the spread of virus to those around them.”
    Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) will recommend that all Americans should wear face coverings when they go to the grocery store, pharmacy and other public places. This new guidance is meant to complement the existing Coronavirus Guidelines for America that are in place through April 30.

weird

it's like the CDC is literately saying the opposite of what you are saying

let's check on the WHO

The WHO states on its website that “if you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.”

The United Nations health agency added masks were “effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.”

David Heymann, who led WHO’s infectious disease unit at the time of the SARS epidemic in 2002-2003, said at a Chatham House briefing Wednesday that the WHO was also due to reconsider its guidance on wearing face masks following new evidence from Hong Kong
    Last edited by goldfly; 04-03-2020 at 12:27 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    When people worry about "the economy" what are they really talking about? Isn't this really just the fear of upsetting the current socio-economic-political order, aka the ruling class?

Maybe the present profit above all else power structure could use some re-shuffling.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-03-2020)