I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    weird

it's like the CDC is literately saying the opposite of what you are saying
    Oh but of course they've changed their mind now.

Where were they when we could reduce the spread? We were told masks weren't helpful unless you had the virus.

We have proof that the medical 'experts' were either wrong or mislead us.

Neither are good, but yet we should keep blindly taking their orders.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'm still waiting on your answer on what the Sav plan would have prevented?
    You obviously can't prevent, but best to minimize damage. Would you agree with thethe that Trump has minimized the damage of this crisis as best as possible?

I'm not sure why you have such a yearning to hear what my "plan is".

I'm not running for office yet or anytime soon, and I'm not in the position to make those decisions. In order to make a plan, I'd have to actually be there to assemble all the facts and you know, make calculated decisions.

Not just go onto MSNBC and tell people it's the flu and I have a hunch things aren't that bad.

There are ways to be a hopeful cheerleader than continuously lie and downplay things. People want to know you're working on it night and day to fix it, not how much of a splendid job you think you're doing. You can be honest that things suck right now, but also honest that we're doing everything we can. Not tell everyone you had everything under control, then **** hits the fan and say you've been pitching a perfect game since it started. And then instead of losing by 10 runs, you tell people we should be happy that BECAUSE OF ME we only lost by 7 runs instead of a losing to a 2-0 shutout.

But like I said... practicality and human psychology.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    When people worry about "the economy" what are they really talking about? Isn't this really just fear about the upsetting the current socio-economic-political order, aka the ruling class?

Maybe the present profit above all else power structure could use some re-shuffling.
    No, you idiot.

It's people worried about people who wont have enough money to eat. It's people who cant buy the medicine they need. It's people who turns to drugs or alcohol. It's people who suffer from depression. It's people who abuse their spouses. Its companies who cant produce essentials like PPE or life saving drugs.

But it's easier to make a soundbite about stock so go for it

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Wait didnt you say up thread that the CDC lied to stave off a panic?
    Nope. I simply explained why they might have if they did.
    Forever Fredi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Runnin (04-03-2020)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    science

how does it work?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Oh but of course they've changed their mind now.

Where were they when we could reduce the spread?
    This is such a terrible question, even for you.
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    No, you idiot.

It's people worried about people who wont have enough money to eat. It's people who cant buy the medicine they need. It's people who turns to drugs or alcohol. It's people who suffer from depression. It's people who abuse their spouses. Its companies who cant produce essentials like PPE or life saving drugs.

i agree with ya on this

BUT

all of those issues we have when the economy is "great"

so, maybe we do need a reshuffle and try a different path possibly
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    science

how does it work?

When you're wrong, you simply go with what someone's hunch is instead, not make adjustments and corrections using the scientific method so you're still going in the correct direction.

So when my GPS tells me to turn 5 seconds too late because the signal is late and I miss the turn, best to just go back on and drive 30 minutes back to the house since I missed the turn.

Because you know, if you're the CDC and wrong once, we can never trust you again. But if you're Trump and wrong a lot and lie a lot, it's just because he's a buffoon who cuts my taxes.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    You obviously can't prevent, but best to minimize damage. Would you agree with thethe that Trump has minimized the damage of this crisis as best as possible?

I'm not sure why you have such a yearning to hear what my "plan is".

I'm not running for office yet or anytime soon, and I'm not in the position to make those decisions. In order to make a plan, I'd have to actually be there to assemble all the facts and you know, make calculated decisions.

Not just go onto MSNBC and tell people it's the flu and I have a hunch things aren't that bad.

There are ways to be a hopeful cheerleader than continuously lie and downplay things. People want to know you're working on it night and day to fix it, not how much of a splendid job you think you're doing.

But like I said... practicality and human psychology.
    Its quite easy to criticize in the comfort of your home.

You've told me Trump has caused this to be way worse than it needs to be. I asked you, with the benefit of full hindsight, what would you have done and what would have been the result?

What would Hilary have done?

How many less people would have died? How many more people would be working?

You're like the idiots complaining about the pillow guy while you sit at home saying how everyone is ****ing up.

What countries are handling this perfectly? When you say South Korea, could we do that here?

Trump bungled this at the beginning like essentially the rest of the world as well as the medical community. He has since done just about everything reasonable outside of complete federal control. What more do you want?

Remember these conversation 6 months from now... when the virus is gone but the economy is ****ed and you are blaming cheeto for causing it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    When you're wrong, you simply go with what someone's hunch is instead, not make adjustments and corrections using the scientific method so you're still going in the correct direction.

So when my GPS tells me to turn 5 seconds too late because the signal is late and I miss the turn, best to just go back on and drive 30 minutes back to the house since I missed the turn.

Because you know, if you're the CDC and wrong once, we can never trust you again. But if you're Trump and wrong a lot and lie a lot, it's just because he's a buffoon who cuts my taxes.
    Yeah. How is the data working out?

Thankfully, the data is coming in much less fatally than the experts predicted (I'm stunned that the doom and gloomers were wrong!)

Are we adjusting our strategy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    This is such a terrible question, even for you.
    Go on...

Are you suggesting we cant trust the medical experts at the most critical time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    No, you idiot.

Calm down, Mr. Who Needs Govt.

You're starting to sound like a Democrat.

I don'T think Trump has a compassionate bone in his body. He told the States that they are basically on their own and he is hording supplies.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts

You've told me Trump has caused this to be way worse than it needs to be. I asked you, with the benefit of full hindsight, what would you have done and what would have been the result?

You're like the idiots complaining about the pillow guy while you sit at home saying how everyone is ****ing up.

What countries are handling this perfectly? When you say South Korea, could we do that here?

Trump bungled this at the beginning like essentially the rest of the world as well as the medical community. He has since done just about everything reasonable outside of complete federal control. What more do you want?

Remember these conversation 6 months from now... when the virus is gone but the economy is ****ed and you are blaming cheeto for causing it

I don't care what Hillary would have done.

I'm sorry that we as Americans, demand and expect a higher quality from our leader(s).

Hard to quantify how many "less" would have died, but it's really easy for Trump to say he saved us from 2 million deaths and we should be happy we're only going to get 200k. Again, this is the same putrid moron that kept going on TV and tweeting about how we don't shut down the country over 35k flu deaths.

Could we do what South Korea did? Doubftul. They understand culturally it needed to be done despite the economic aches and pains. They've dealt with the threat of North Korea bombing them at any moment throughout their lifetimes. It didn't take them very long to understand the severity of this situation and act. Right off the bat, the South Korean president does not go on TV everyday to answer questions. Their CDC gives two press conferences a day to keep the public informed. Do you think that's feasible and could be done here? Or do we have a President who has always been far more worried about satisfying his ego and patting himself on the back. The guy that used his father's power to draft dodge, loves it when the military and vets treat him like one of their own because he never himself had the stones to put his life on the line like they did. He clearly loves attention even at the risk of the safety of our country.

Bungled is a huge understatement.

How does the common man trust a man who says I've been calling it a pandemic long before anyone else was, when there are literally clips of him in interviews and tweets suggesting it's no worse than the flu, it's not a big deal, and etc.

Again, he's now saying he mislead because he wanted to give the people hope. You can still be a hopeful cheerleader without blatantly misleading people. You can be somewhat honest and tell them enough of a lie to keep them hopeful. But what he did was inexcusable.

The guy knows no humility, and that's bizarrely a trait that his base loves. Without humility, you can never learn from your mistakes and correct them. We have a man that fits that description well who is "leading" us through this crisis.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I think literally anyone in charge would not be tweeting their thoughts on what they may or may not do like he was doing.

He tweeted about getting rid of social distancing guidelines 7 days into the 15 day timeline. Why do something like that?

He tweeted he was considering a quarantine (and later backed off). These actions are reckless and unnecessary. literally anyone else would have the temperament to not do these stupid childish things.

You can't exactly quantify how many lives would have been saved had he not done these things. But the small things add up when the margins are so thin.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

He should have warned the health industry that a serious supply shortage was likely on the way back in January and started the process of getting companies on board.

He should have fixed prices on essential supplies and set up a system that distributed those supplies to the most needy cities.

He should have displayed some honesty and competency for a change and acted like a leader, instead of the endless froth of self-congratulatory platitudes that make up his schtick.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Yeah. How is the data working out?

Thankfully, the data is coming in much less fatally than the experts predicted (I'm stunned that the doom and gloomers were wrong!)

Are we adjusting our strategy?
    Oh man, I had no idea we were close to the end of the tunnel.

Things must be getting better now that we had 70 less deaths today than yesterday. Time to open up shop next week.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    He should have warned the health industry that a serious supply shortage was likely on the way back in January and started the process of getting companies on board.

He should have fixed prices on essential supplies and set up a system that distributed those supplies to the most needy cities.

He should have displayed some honesty and competency for a change and acted like a leader, instead of the endless froth of self-congratulatory platitudes that make up his schtick.
    YAH BUT HOW MANY LIVES WOULD THAT HAVE SAVED. TELL US.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I'm thankful that I had to reign in my 71 year old father. He wasn't taking this serious for weeks because surprise, he only watches Fox News and listens to what Trump says. And we were only at like 10 deaths at the time. He kept churning out the same Fox talking points that were also regurgitated by Trump.

Now, he is taking this very seriously so much that it's annoying even me.

I can't even imagine, how many people like my father there are, that are out there, that didn't take it seriously for the same reasons, but didn't have someone to knock some sense into them.

sturg probably thinks I'm an authoritarian because I had to convince my father that dying over a $2 coupon for a whopper at burger king, probably wasn't worth it. That's money he could have spent into the economy!!
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    The sad part in this, is millions of Americans have done their part in trying to stop this spread by taking it seriously from the onset and not treating it as just the flu.

We will probably have saved thousands if not millions of lives in large part BECAUSE we ignored the snake oil Trump was selling.

Now, if the death toll is anything less than 100k, we will hear from conservatives like sturg how it was a waste of time and that we should never have closed... not realizing how many lives were saved just from social distancing and having to close down places for a few weeks. We can't be thankful that the number was less, because anything less means we overhyped it.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    I don't care what Hillary would have done.

I'm sorry that we as Americans, demand and expect a higher quality from our leader(s).

Hard to quantify how many "less" would have died, but it's really easy for Trump to say he saved us from 2 million deaths and we should be happy we're only going to get 200k. Again, this is the same putrid moron that kept going on TV and tweeting about how we don't shut down the country over 35k flu deaths.

Could we do what South Korea did? Doubftul. They understand culturally it needed to be done despite the economic aches and pains. They've dealt with the threat of North Korea bombing them at any moment throughout their lifetimes. It didn't take them very long to understand the severity of this situation and act. Right off the bat, the South Korean president does not go on TV everyday to answer questions. Their CDC gives two press conferences a day to keep the public informed. Do you think that's feasible and could be done here? Or do we have a President who has always been far more worried about satisfying his ego and patting himself on the back. The guy that used his father's power to draft dodge, loves it when the military and vets treat him like one of their own because he never himself had the stones to put his life on the line like they did. He clearly loves attention even at the risk of the safety of our country.

Bungled is a huge understatement.

How does the common man trust a man who says I've been calling it a pandemic long before anyone else was, when there are literally clips of him in interviews and tweets suggesting it's no worse than the flu, it's not a big deal, and etc.

Again, he's now saying he mislead because he wanted to give the people hope. You can still be a hopeful cheerleader without blatantly misleading people. You can be somewhat honest and tell them enough of a lie to keep them hopeful. But what he did was inexcusable.

The guy knows no humility, and that's bizarrely a trait that his base loves. Without humility, you can never learn from your mistakes and correct them. We have a man that fits that description well who is "leading" us through this crisis.
    This is a whole lot of nothing.

No I don't think we can work like S Korea. We value our freedom and independence too much. I'm quite comfortable with that.

Any other countries?

You keep getting mad about Trump's words... You just need to get over it. He is who he is and everyone knows him. NYC hates him and listens to nothing he says and they are the epicenter.

Seems to me he followed the general advice of the WHO and CDC that this wasn't a big deal. Dem leadership did as well. Are they all liars?

I'll tell you one thing Trump has done that I'm certain Obama would not have. He has effectively rallied the private sector to step in and help better than anything I would have expected. Good for him. This is worthy of praise that I'm certain you can't bring yourself to give.

He made a drastic and politically incorrect decision to shut down travel from China. His future opponent who you'll be voting for said that was racist.

His government has rallied in literal record time to pass stimulus for the economic shutdown.

He's gone on TV every single night for an hour to give updates and take questions.

He's taking the advice of medical doctors in shutting everything down.

He consistently has a message of a hope that we will get through this and bounce back.

There is a reason his poll numbers are rising... Bc most normal people see a guy who is bringing all hands on deck to solve this.

I'm fully aware you are incapable of acknowledging this... But what you have acknowledged is that you're also incapable of providing a meaningful alternative with the full benefit of hindsight.

It is what it is.