Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Also cannot be understated, how many Americans aren't getting tested and going to the hospital because they are uninsured and don't want a $200k hospital bill that will cripple them for life.

These are the same people sturg is talking about that are ready to start killing cause they can't eat.

Imagine if we had a proactive healthcare system, where people could get tested earlier, be treated as healthy, allow the scientists and such to have a solid number and data on areas with what we have to work with, so we can actually open up sections of the country and sections of some states.

A big part of the reason we're still closed is the unknown. We still haven't tested per capita anywhere where we should have been. Wait a few more days then open up, or open up now and gamble that it won't come back out again and spread again.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This is a whole lot of nothing.

No I don't think we can work like S Korea. We value our freedom and independence too much. I'm quite comfortable with that.

Any other countries?

You keep getting mad about Trump's words... You just need to get over it. He is who he is and everyone knows him. NYC hates him and listens to nothing he says and they are the epicenter.

Seems to me he followed the general advice of the WHO and CDC that this wasn't a big deal. Dem leadership did as well. Are they all liars?

I'll tell you one thing Trump has done that I'm certain Obama would not have. He has effectively rallied the private sector to step in and help better than anything I would have expected. Good for him. This is worthy of praise that I'm certain you can't bring yourself to give.

He made a drastic and politically incorrect decision to shut down travel from China. His future opponent who you'll be voting for said that was racist.

His government has rallied in literal record time to pass stimulus for the economic shutdown.

He's gone on TV every single night for an hour to give updates and take questions.

He's taking the advice of medical doctors in shutting everything down.

He consistently has a message of a hope that we will get through this and bounce back.

There is a reason his poll numbers are rising... Bc most normal people see a guy who is bringing all hands on deck to solve this.

I'm fully aware you are incapable of acknowledging this... But what you have acknowledged is that you're also incapable of providing a meaningful alternative with the full benefit of hindsight.

It is what it is.
    lol.

Again, Trump used the Office, which is a very powerful tool, to get something done. Yes Obama would have done the same thing. Because Obama wouldn't have been ripping McCarthy or McConnell over childish political reasons. Obama would have had people way more united on this and much sooner.

Travel ban is what it is. He also bungled the travel ban on the other side of the world when he didn't include the UK.

Government passing stimulus in record time is thanks to the Dems. It's always the Dems the Republicans have to beg to agree to spend money to save the country. Bush and Hank Paulson had to beg Pelosi to save the country last time, Trump played nice with Nancy this time. Trump was desperate for them to pass anything. He was much more restrained during the process, because he knew he needed the bill passed to save his ass from being Hoover 2.0. If you actually paid attention to his behavior for that week of bill talks, he was way more restrained than usual. Again, cause the people were watching.

Remember, Dems always pass bills, and always spend. Getting the Dems to agree to do something is easy. Getting the Republicans to agree to do something that "conflicts" with their values is much harder. Trump is a big spender. Everyone knows this. Trump wants to spend more on an infrastructure bill. Pelosi said she wants to do it too. McConnell said he isn't interested in doing it, and if he does do it, it has to be the same way, a ****ty Senate Bill that the House Dems have to agree to.

He's gone on TV every night to answer questions? Are you paying attention to these things? 90% of the questions he answers, he doesn't even answer. He rambles for 10 seconds, repeating the same things over and over without answering the question. Case in point the other night, almost verbatim:

Reporter: "You said you're going to open some parts of the country up. What metrics and data are you using to decide which sections are applicable to be opened up?"
    Trump: "We're looking at a lot of different things. We're looking at all the metrics."

He repeated that like 3 times before moving on and calling someone for the next question. People don't tune in to watch Trump. They tune in to see what Fauci says. Trump could literally not be at the presser, it woudl still get high ratings, because people want to listen to what Fauci says. I guess the bar is set so low for Trump, that him going up there and reading his speech like a 5th grader reading a book report on a book he didn't read passes for excellent job.

He's taking the advice of medical doctors, finally. Let's give him credit for arriving to the party late. Wonderful. He consistently has a message of hope, followed by childish non-hopeful things. See: The official letter he wrote to Chuck Schumer today, getting into catfight with the Gov. of Michigan, etc. etc.

Poll numbers are rising, there's another poll that say more Americans are blaming him for the spread. Bush got a massive approval bump after 9/11. Could Gore or anyone else have rallied the country after a terrorist attack? Leaders get bumps in the polls during times of crisis. How they handle it, determines how long that bump lasts.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    lol, thanks for proving Meta correctly, that the notion that you're impartial here is a running joke.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Trump had to beg Pelosi to end the Government Shutdown because he couldn't get his wall.

How quickly we all have forgotten that.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    I'm thankful that I had to reign in my 71 year old father. He wasn't taking this serious for weeks because surprise, he only watches Fox News and listens to what Trump says. And we were only at like 10 deaths at the time. He kept churning out the same Fox talking points that were also regurgitated by Trump.

Now, he is taking this very seriously so much that it's annoying even me.

I can't even imagine, how many people like my father there are, that are out there, that didn't take it seriously for the same reasons, but didn't have someone to knock some sense into them.

sturg probably thinks I'm an authoritarian because I had to convince my father that dying over a $2 coupon for a whopper at burger king, probably wasn't worth it. That's money he could have spent into the economy!!

I had a similar experience with my Dad. First it was nothing and this was all a deep state media plot to hurt Trump, then it was China released this on purpose and we are going to war, suddenly yesterday he has swung to this is really serious and will probably last through the rest of the year. He is the kind of stupid that refuses to wash his hands just out of spite for people because he thought this was nothing. He listens to probably 10+ hours of talk radio per day.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I think literally anyone in charge would not be tweeting their thoughts on what they may or may not do like he was doing.

He tweeted about getting rid of social distancing guidelines 7 days into the 15 day timeline. Why do something like that?

He tweeted he was considering a quarantine (and later backed off). These actions are reckless and unnecessary. literally anyone else would have the temperament to not do these stupid childish things.

You can't exactly quantify how many lives would have been saved had he not done these things. But the small things add up when the margins are so thin.

There is one thing for certain. If he was not President he would be critisizing anything and everything regarding the virus and would be claiming not a single American would have died if he was President. Even Trump supporters know this is true.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Hysterical to think a democratic president would have done better. The travel ban would have never been instituted.

We would be ****ed.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I had a similar experience with my Dad. First it was nothing and this was all a deep state media plot to hurt Trump, then it was China released this on purpose and we are going to war, suddenly yesterday he has swung to this is really serious and will probably last through the rest of the year. He is the kind of stupid that refuses to wash his hands just out of spite for people because he thought this was nothing. He listens to probably 10+ hours of talk radio per day.
    Once I showed him the mortality rate for ages 71-79 was 8%, he got quiet very quickly.

And then when we'd watch the pressers on TV together, I would pause right before Trump answered a question, told him almost everything Trump would say before Trump would even say it, then told him to listen to Fauci contradict him right after.

Once he started seeing that Trump was rambling mumbo jumbo and never answered serious questions, or whenever he got asked anything remotely difficult he'd say "You know I think I'll let Deborah or Tony take this one", he started to take it more serious.

When Fauci didn't show up for a presser last week I think it was Monday or Sunday, my dad was freaking out saying he thinks Fauci has corona that's why he didn't show up to the presser.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Hysterical to think a democratic president would have done better. The travel ban would have never been instituted.

We would be ****ed.
    President Obama, the man who deported more illegals per year than Trump, wouldn't have instituted a travel ban of any sort based on intelligence given and threat to national security.

Trump instituted the Travel ban the last day of January. Obama would have been told by his intelligence teams the situation weeks before that, as Trump was told. I do not think Obama would have been going on friendly news networks saying it's not serious.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    President Obama, the man who deported more illegals per year than Trump, wouldn't have instituted a travel ban of any sort based on intelligence given and threat to national security.

Trump instituted the Travel ban the last day of January. Obama would have been told by his intelligence teams the situation weeks before that, as Trump was told. I do not think Obama would have been going on friendly news networks saying it's not serious.
    Lol...the left said it was racist when instituted but you think obama would have done it after he licked CCPs boots for 8 years.

And you pretend we are the sycophants.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What do you think provoked him into it?

For me, in one day it went from me yelling at my dad for going to the gas station to buy some lottery tickets and go to burger king over a whopper coupon, to within a few days he chewing me out because I had to go into the empty office at the country club I work at to just do some stuff in the office for a few hours (nobody there, just me).

Any time I'm even considering leaving to go get groceries, he's freaking out about how I might get infected and get him sick.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    This railing if trump is straight up CCP propoganda being washed through the DNC propoganda machine. It's a shame you are perpetrating this but that is where our country is.

Another nation spends 100k on facebook ads and its trumps fault. Another nation is responsible for a 20 trillion dollar world bomb and you say nothing.

Eat it up SAV. Your TDS is the CCPs best weapon just like it was with Russia.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    https://morningconsult.com/2020/04/0...e-coronavirus/

• 49% approve of Trump’s handling of coronavirus; 47% disapprove.
    • 30% mostly blame Trump for the spread of COVID-19, up 11 percentage points since mid-March.

Trump’s gains during the first half of last month came as his administration ramped up its response to the virus, including the introduction of national social-distancing guidelines and enactment of multiple spending relief packages passed by Congress. The uptick, which appeared to demonstrate a “rally around the flag” effect, common during crises, was fueled largely by more positive perceptions among independents and Democratic voters.

The latest polling indicates that unity is unraveling. As the virus has continued to spread across the United States, with state and local officials publicly raising alarms about the federal government’s lack of preparedness for a global pandemic and its slow response to calls for medical equipment and protection, backing for Trump has fallen among Democrats and independents.

I would have loved to have seen a young libertarian sturg, defend George W Bush's approval ratings in the 90% post-9/11 by saying he's rallying the country, as opposed to libertarian sturg saying "IF THE US NEVER INTERVENED IN THE MIDDLE EAST WE WOULDN'T HAVE 9/11 ANYWAYS".

$5 says sturg was in grade school sharing on AIM the videos on how the Twin Towers were burned on purpose and the pentagon crash was actually a staged bomb videos to show people how "woke" he was.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    This railing if trump is straight up CCP propoganda being washed through the DNC propoganda machine. It's a shame you are perpetrating this but that is where our country is.

Another nation spends 100k on facebook ads and its trumps fault. Another nation is responsible for a 20 trillion dollar world bomb and you say nothing.

Eat it up SAV. Your TDS is the CCPs best weapon just like it was with Russia.
    lol.

It's funny how you think I'm defending China, I haven't even brought them into this.

China has had no bearing, on Trump's pathetic excuse for a "pandemic response" this last month and a half.

Recall that, it was conservatives who were using China's "Recovery" from the virus as a big reason to downplay the virus here and say it wouldn't spread here (at the time we only had less than a few hundred cases and less than 20 dead).
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Lack of preparedness after the last administration exhausted the national stockpile and didnt replace.

Looks like Obamacare had.a tax on medical equipment which forced production overseas. How did that work out.

Luckily we had an incredible economy due to policies of this administration or else we would be really ****ed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    lol.

It's funny how you think I'm defending China, I haven't even brought them into this.

China has had no bearing, on Trump's pathetic excuse for a "pandemic response" this last month and a half.

Recall that, it was conservatives who were using China's "Recovery" from the virus as a big reason to downplay the virus here and say it wouldn't spread here (at the time we only had less than a few hundred cases and less than 20 dead).
    This is a stupid response. Their data drove decisions. This was always going to flare up like this because of how much travel there is with china.

Go to flushing and china town and tell me that any measures would have stopped this. Because of chinas negligence we let him thousands of infected in one of the most densely populated areas of the country.

To blame trump for this is doing exactly what the CCP wants.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    This is a stupid response. Their data drove decisions. This was always going to flare up like this because of how much travel there is with china.

Go to flushing and china town and tell me that any measures would have stopped this. Because of chinas negligence we let him thousands of infected in one of the most densely populated areas of the country.

To blame trump for this is doing exactly what the CCP wants.

So, was going on TV for 2 months telling the people that this was no worse than the flu, that we dont' shut downt he country over the flu, that this isn't as big of a deal as it actually is.

Was he doing exactly what the CCP wanted, which was to downplay this so half the country that supports him would believe it and act like it wasn't a big deal?

Or does that go against what the CCP wanted, I'm confused.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Lack of preparedness after the last administration exhausted the national stockpile and didnt replace.

Looks like Obamacare had.a tax on medical equipment which forced production overseas. How did that work out.

Luckily we had an incredible economy due to policies of this administration or else we would be really ****ed.
    Does this signal a lack of preparedness?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...in-2016-2020-3

Did Obama fire his own pandemic team last year, or did Trump do that?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    So, was going on TV for 2 months telling the people that this was no worse than the flu, that we dont' shut downt he country over the flu, that this isn't as big of a deal as it actually is.

Was he doing exactly what the CCP wanted, which was to downplay this so half the country that supports him would believe it and act like it wasn't a big deal?

Or does that go against what the CCP wanted, I'm confused.
    So the actual data coming in is that this is just a bad flu. The doomsayers were wrong.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

You’re cult is in year four

Quit blaming the black guy for everything

I’m old enough to remember when republicans tried to paint themselves as the party of responsibility
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"