Page 374 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2743243643723733743753763844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    NY doing better than any other state in terms of percentage of nursing home deaths. But sure, blame Cuomo.
    "They don’t have a right to object. That is the rule and that is the regulation and they have to comply with that,” Cuomo said during his daily briefing in Albany.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Pro lockdown team apocalypse is reaching for whatever possible to avoid realizing they made the situation much worse.

All their ideas were wrong.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You ever think that maybe they just don't care? Like to you this matters or something but they know they will never convince you because you have never believed anything but what you choose. There's a reason I minimally respond on here any more. It's not that I believe that I'm wrong, it's that I don't care that you're wrong because you refuse to consider the facts and only look at sources you want to hear. Your beyond help and not worth arguing over.
    The tweet you responded to is a pretty good summation of the ridiculous shifting goal posts

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What I find funny is that you all pile on when it appears you are right but dissappear when it is inevitably shown you are wrong.
    What are you even talking about? By CDC estimates we're looking at basically 70K excess deaths And that's versus the Upper bound. 70K people is nothing to snuff at.Vietnam War didn't hit that, including adding MIA and POW. 9/11 killed 3000 and injured another 25000. Get where I'm going here?

If you want to argue for opening up the economy that's a different argument. And it requires a certain amount of callousness that people have to acknowledge.

I'm still waiting for you to admit Sweden is wrong, as Stockholm didn't hit 10% at the end of April.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What are you even talking about? By CDC estimates we're looking at basically 70K excess deaths And that's versus the Upper bound. 70K people is nothing to snuff at.Vietnam War didn't hit that, including adding MIA and POW. 9/11 killed 3000 and injured another 25000. Get where I'm going here?

If you want to argue for opening up the economy that's a different argument. And it requires a certain amount of callousness that people have to acknowledge.

I'm still waiting for you to admit Sweden is wrong, as Stockholm didn't hit 10% at the end of April.
    You materially do not understand the antibody testing. I can't help you with that.

Excess death theory is fundamentally flawed because we just had an experiment that was never done before. If its so clear that these are virus deaths then someone should audit the theory. It woild be easy. The fact its not being done is telling.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The tweet you responded to is a pretty good summation of the ridiculous shifting goal posts
    You're confusing moving goal posts to learning about a disease that's new. What you're saying si something like "BELICHICK IS AN IDIOT, HE'S CHANGING HIS STRATEGY FROM WHEN HE STARTED THE GAME" though of course all analogies are flawed. But realize that we're learning more as it goes along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're confusing moving goal posts to learning about a disease that's new. What you're saying si something like "BELICHICK IS AN IDIOT, HE'S CHANGING HIS STRATEGY FROM WHEN HE STARTED THE GAME" though of course all analogies are flawed. But realize that we're learning more as it goes along.
    Bend the curve to eliminate all active virus is nothing other than a goalposts shift.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    You materially do not understand the antibody testing. I can't help you with that.

Excess death theory is fundamentally flawed because we just had an experiment that was never done before. If its so clear that these are virus deaths then someone should audit the theory. It woild be easy. The fact its not being done is telling.
    You're a ****ing moron. This experiment was done before. Just not in the US. YOu're still stupid arguing against literal facts. I'm done with you. Bye Felicia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're a ****ing moron. This experiment was done before. Just not in the US. YOu're still stupid arguing against literal facts. I'm done with you. Bye Felicia
    And this is what happens when you lose an argument on the facts.

Have fun.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    On the subject of "moving the goalposts" and/or "learning about the disease" we are starting to get more data on how the survivors of COVID-19 are doing.

Data from Italy show about 30% of survivors have what are now chronic lung issues. Didier Raoult (champion of the HDQ people) in a recent study mentioned that fibrosis of the lungs is something that will have to be investigated and monitored as a long-term effect.

Data from Wuhan show 20% of those hospitalized have suffered heart damage.

Others have lost limbs or suffered strokes. Some now require dialysis. And of course there is psychological trauma suffered by survivors, medical personnel and others.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    On the subject of "moving the goalposts" and/or "learning about the disease" we are starting to get more data on how the survivors of COVID-19 are doing.

Data from Italy show about 30% of survivors have what are now chronic lung issues. Didier Raoult (champion of the HDQ people) in a recent study mentioned that fibrosis of the lungs is something that will have to be investigated and monitored as a long-term effect.

Others have lost limbs or suffered strokes. Some now require dialysis. And of course there is psychological trauma suffered by survivors, medical personnel and others.
    All valid points that need to be included in the overall strategy moving forward.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    But the goalposts for reopening keep moving. Flatten the curve has been scrubbed from the vocabulary.

There is no reason to not be open anymore other than political

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

Any data on median age for those afflicted?

ETA... just wondering bc I know 3 that have beat it that are early 40s/late 30s that have no issues, SO FAR
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-28-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    And this is what happens when you lose an argument on the facts.

Have fun.
    No I gave you a ****ing fact. And you ignored it. Maybe I should work with your strategy.

HERP DE DERP DE MAKE UP ****. HERP DE DERP 0.03% HERP DE DERP lockdown deaths.

You present no facts, only anecdotes and have the balls to say I'm losing an argument on facts when your only source is the same dumb cunt who wrote a book "looking at the scientific data" to essentially make the argument that “Marijuana causes psychosis. Psychosis causes violence. The obvious implication is that marijuana causes violence.”

Keep living in your bubble, you're beyond saving. I'm done with you, keep posting your lies, realize that most of the world is just looking at you shaking their head at your stupidity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No I gave you a ****ing fact. And you ignored it. Maybe I should work with your strategy.

HERP DE DERP DE MAKE UP ****. HERP DE DERP 0.03% HERP DE DERP lockdown deaths.

You present no facts, only anecdotes and have the balls to say I'm losing an argument on facts when your only source is the same dumb cunt who wrote a book "looking at the scientific data" to essentially make the argument that “Marijuana causes psychosis. Psychosis causes violence. The obvious implication is that marijuana causes violence.”

Keep living in your bubble, you're beyond saving. I'm done with you, keep posting your lies, realize that most of the world is just looking at you shaking their head at your stupidity.
    What fact did you present Zito? Let's develop what your outrage stems from.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    But the goalposts for reopening keep moving. Flatten the curve has been scrubbed from the vocabulary.

There is no reason to not be open anymore other than political
    Flatten the curve was never about reopening, and about why lockdown had to happen. The point was to limit the initial spread of the virus so people got sick more over time and didn't overwhelm the hospital system, like what happened in Italy.With a R0 of over 2 with no social distancing measures we could have seen that number hit by now, and we would be on the other side. But our economy would still be rocked by people being sick, hospitals would be stressed beyond point, people would be chosen to live or die. If you're fine with that, that's OK, just admit that you don't care about your fellow human's livelihood. We're almost at a good place in the US where the R number is below 1. We are close to getting to a good spot where hopefully we won't be in a second stage pandemic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Any data on median age for those afflicted?

ETA... just wondering bc I know 3 that have beat it that are early 40s/late 30s that have no issues, SO FAR
    I tried to find that with no success. I just read a summary of Raoult's study. I couldn't find the study itself. It might have more on the lung fibrosis issue.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    The curve is in steep decline.

Forget flatten.

Why is that the people who want to continue forever lockdown vote the same way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Flatten the curve was never about reopening, and about why lockdown had to happen. The point was to limit the initial spread of the virus so people got sick more over time and didn't overwhelm the hospital system, like what happened in Italy.With a R0 of over 2 with no social distancing measures we could have seen that number hit by now, and we would be on the other side. But our economy would still be rocked by people being sick, hospitals would be stressed beyond point, people would be chosen to live or die. If you're fine with that, that's OK, just admit that you don't care about your fellow human's livelihood. We're almost at a good place in the US where the R number is below 1. We are close to getting to a good spot where hopefully we won't be in a second stage pandemic.
    Rate of increase of the R naught was in decline before lockdowns.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    What fact did you present Zito? Let's develop what your outrage stems from.
    70K excess deaths compared to the upper bounds. It's even more if you compare to average. And if you look at the CDC numbers, they're usually pretty on point. Only off twice in the last 3 years, Covid 19 and a few excess January Deaths. For example last first week in April we had about 56K deaths, this year 76K. Again, you're the one arguing against facts spouting information from Reefer Madness 2.0