Page 865 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3657658158558638648658668678759159651365 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,300 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Covid deaths per million population the past 3 months:

February: Florida 203 New York 158

March: Florida 119 New York 99

April: Florida 85 New York 70

Good to see the downward trend in both states.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Lol your love for something that has no evidence to help is hilarious. You're still wearing yours even when vaccinated! It's the stupidest thing I've ever witnessed
    You’re so weird

You can’t just watch bill burr be funny lol

How sad your day to day must be (I know, life’s great and youre happy bro lol)
    Last edited by goldfly; 05-01-2021 at 12:30 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    The mask is the symbol of compliance to the tyrannical state.

Canada is done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Its sad that you support it.

Its why I know you could never actually beat me up like you promised you would

Lol.

You are a little soyboy who needs the state for your protection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Holy ****, you used soyboy again

Hahahaha

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    That likely would have been the case, if they didn't get funding, and they didn't start with a head start from Oxford's research on MERS,
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Ah well!

The experts will get it right one of these days!!

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    I’ve said it for almost a year now. Lockdowns will go down as one of the worst decisions in human history.

Now the insistence of wearing masks with no proof of efficacy is leaving into that territory as well.

Absolute morons believe this stuff. Fauchi is a fraud and will be shown to have a heavy hand to play in the creation of the ccp virus.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Btw, for any of you interested in math there was a great article about the concept of exponential decay. This goes along with what I’ve said in the past about how in an open population without replacement growth shuts down quickly.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I’ve said it for almost a year now. Lockdowns will go down as one of the worst decisions in human history.

Now the insistence of wearing masks with no proof of efficacy is leaving into that territory as well.

Absolute morons believe this stuff. Fauchi is a fraud and will be shown to have a heavy hand to play in the creation of the ccp virus.
    The problem is that no one wants to admit that they were wrong. I still think the initial lockdown was the correct choice when dealing with a new pandemic. Caution is appropriate when millions of lives are at stake.

I used to think the continued lockdown was the correct choice. Time and data and trickle down effects have proven that it was wrong, that I was wrong. I'll take being wrong when it was the cautious choice with millions of lives at stake, but I was still wrong. I am glad that I got permanent work from home out of it though.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    The problem is that no one wants to admit that they were wrong. I still think the initial lockdown was the correct choice when dealing with a new pandemic. Caution is appropriate when millions of lives are at stake.

I used to think the continued lockdown was the correct choice. Time and data and trickle down effects have proven that it was wrong, that I was wrong. I'll take being wrong when it was the cautious choice with millions of lives at stake, but I was still wrong. I am glad that I got permanent work from home out of it though.
    I think the initial lockdowns “15 days to stop the spread” were almost universally supported. Even some afterwards I could understand but once we were a few months into the pandemic the science was clear.

I also love the WFH world we live in now. It’s disgusting to even say it but the ccp virus was one of the best things that’s ever happened for my life.

Married in less than 18 months because of all the time we shared
    My newborn is now 1 month so we clearly had a lockdown baby
    The new job I got in March 2020 was a significant upgrade from my last job even without WFH and now I’ll be able to work from anywhere

After a long period of having some tough years I’m finally happy.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Problem is all the governors, experts, and media will never admit they were wrong bc then all the avoidable human suffering that ensued was their fault.

Instead they are quadrupling down at this point and will surely claim credit once the herd immunity is reached

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Problem is all the governors, experts, and media will never admit they were wrong bc then all the avoidable human suffering that ensued was their fault.

Instead they are quadrupling down at this point and will surely claim credit once the herd immunity is reached
    Funny thing about hers immunity is that fauchi and his crew of frauds are basically ignoring the percentage of previously infected people. And then recently there was a paper published talking about how previously infected people showed strong levels of T cell immunities.

Remember all those fear stories about lack of immunity from natural causes? Remember the long form illnesses.

Some of these people in charge deserve the firing squad for all the worldwide misery they caused.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Funny thing about hers immunity is that fauchi and his crew of frauds are basically ignoring the percentage of previously infected people. And then recently there was a paper published talking about how previously infected people showed strong levels of T cell immunities.

Remember all those fear stories about lack of immunity from natural causes? Remember the long form illnesses.

Some of these people in charge deserve the firing squad for all the worldwide misery they caused.
    Once you accept that it is malice over incompetence, everything makes a lot more sense.

They want misery and dependence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    The two main problems in the response I've seen have been not making decisions based on evidence and the inability to do a cost/benefit analysis.

Early on we didn't know a whole lot but knew this thing had the potential to be devastating. It's a novel disease that no one has any immunity to, it can and does kill, and kills in a way that requires weeks of intensive medical care soaking up resources. All of that led to shutdowns. I don't fault that decision. It was the best decision at the time based on what we knew.

As evidence came out, draconian lockdowns didn't seem to have much effect on the spread. Some locations shifted their approach, others doubled down. We're starting to see across the US that even the most ardent shutdowners are easing back, finally realizing it's not terribly effective.

Then there's mask mandates. Government instituted mask mandates have not seemed to have much effect. However, that doesn't mean mask wearing has no impact. A lot of mask wearing has been voluntary. One of the problems is that it's not super clear if mask mandates have much effect on whether people choose to wear masks. So mask mandates don't seem to be effective.

However, that's no reason to not wear a mask. This goes to cost/benefit analysis. It's possible wearing a mask is totally useless. However, the possibility that it's even slightly useful at preventing spread massively outweighs the cost as the cost is absolutely minuscule. A proper cost/benefit analysis shows that the vast majority of people should be voluntarily wearing masks.

Then there's the biggest issue, vaccines. We have multiple, highly effective vaccines now. Yet people are still refusing to get them based on things like "well it's too new". First, this is a problem of people not knowing how an mRNA vaccine works. If you're worried about the vaccine, go read about them. They're fascinating and also incredibly safe. Likely far safer than many methods of vaccination people have lined up for in the past.

The second problem is again people not knowing how to do a proper cost/benefit analysis. If you're unvaccinated, the likelihood of you getting Covid at some point remains pretty high and the odds of you getting a severe case are much higher. The odds of you experiencing major negative effects from the vaccine are less than you dying from falling down stairs. Go get the vaccine. The longer people wait the more likely we'll see more vaccine resistant strains crop up. Mutations require people who can be infected as the mutation occurs during an infection. If there are not enough hosts, there's no opportunity for mutations.

To recap, we need more evidence driven decision making and we need people to do proper cost/benefit analyses and stop trying to make things that should be about science and safety political.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (05-03-2021), Jaw (05-03-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts

We don't know how long the immunity from having Covid lasts because its not been around long enough to know. That being said, the immunity from vaccination does appear to be significantly more robust than the naturally acquired immunity. The tests we have seen show a stronger and longer lasting response to the vaccine.

Additionally, the vaccine was very cleverly designed. It uses the mRNA for the spike protein. Basically, you get a shot of a ton of this mRNA that is essentially instructions for your cells. It tells the cells to start pumping out the spike protein but just the spike protein. As the mRNA is read, it's recycled so it's not sticking around in your body. Your immune system recognizes the spike protein as an intruder and learns how to attack it. Then when your immune system sees the Covid virus, it recognizes the spike protein and kills the virus.

There are a lot of ways Covid can mutate to get around natural immunity. To get around the immunity of the vaccine there has to be a mutation of the spike protein sufficient to make it unrecognizable. Most such mutations would make the virus far less contagious as the spike protein is vital to its ability to spread. This makes the vaccine much harder for Covid to adapt to.

So, we definitely don't need to let having Covid be a reason to not get vaccinated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    We don't know how long the immunity from having Covid lasts because its not been around long enough to know. That being said, the immunity from vaccination does appear to be significantly more robust than the naturally acquired immunity. The tests we have seen show a stronger and longer lasting response to the vaccine.

Additionally, the vaccine was very cleverly designed. It uses the mRNA for the spike protein. Basically, you get a shot of a ton of this mRNA that is essentially instructions for your cells. It tells the cells to start pumping out the spike protein but just the spike protein. As the mRNA is read, it's recycled so it's not sticking around in your body. Your immune system recognizes the spike protein as an intruder and learns how to attack it. Then when your immune system sees the Covid virus, it recognizes the spike protein and kills the virus.

There are a lot of ways Covid can mutate to get around natural immunity. To get around the immunity of the vaccine there has to be a mutation of the spike protein sufficient to make it unrecognizable. Most such mutations would make the virus far less contagious as the spike protein is vital to its ability to spread. This makes the vaccine much harder for Covid to adapt to.

So, we definitely don't need to let having Covid be a reason to not get vaccinated.
    Vaccines should be left to at risk populations and of course vaccines should be 100% voluntary.

This is not directed at you at all but the virtue signaling of doing your duty and getting vaccinated is pathetic to me.
    Natural Immunity Croc