Thread: Around the League 2020 Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,981 Posts
    Watched a little bit of former Braves' prospect Ryan Weber who is now with the Red Sox on a replay of yesterday's Sox game with the Blue Jays. Red Sox announcers were really talking him up and admiring his pitching acumen, but right after the praise, he tosses up an 86 mph fastball that Rowdy Tellez launches 400+ to dead center for a 2-run dinger. He's in the mix for the Red Sox rotation, but the guy has no margin for error. That said, he might be a good piggy-back guy who can serve as a change-of-pace to a hard thrower.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-22-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Watched a little bit of former Braves' prospect Ryan Weber who is now with the Red Sox on a replay of yesterday's Sox game with the Blue Jays. Red Sox announcers were really talking him up and admiring his pitching acumen, but right after the praise, he tosses up an 86 mph fastball that Rowdy Tellez launches 400+ to dead center for a 2-run dinger. He's in the mix for the Red Sox rotation, but the guy has no margin for error. That said, he might be a good piggy-back guy who can serve as a change-of-pace to a hard thrower.
    He's slated to be their no 3 starter i believe.
    Ivermectin Man

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    He's slated to be their no 3 starter i believe.
    Only fitting. I remember the conflagration in here a couple of years back when a contributor at Fangraphs had Weber listed as one of the Braves' top prospects. Echoes from the ensuing howls still reverberate in the digital sphere. Seriously, I hope Weber does well. He's stuck around and he's a classic "knows how to pitch" guy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-22-2020)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Only fitting. I remember the conflagration in here a couple of years back when a contributor at Fangraphs had Weber listed as one of the Braves' top prospects. Echoes from the ensuing howls still reverberate in the digital sphere. Seriously, I hope Weber does well. He's stuck around and he's a classic "knows how to pitch" guy.
    Younger version of Tomlin.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-22-2020)