Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Day 2020 Thread

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Except they do still have $100 million to spend, even with lost revenue during the quarantine months; they’re just avaricious, and always looking for an excuse to claw an extra dime.
    I'd doubt rather seriously that anyone would disagree with that - of course, that's a big part of the way you accumulate enough money to afford to buy a professional sports franchise too.

Don't forget - none of what I mentioned above begins to address the money MLB/owners have agreed to pay minor leaguers and prospects while they're not playing either. It's not nearly in the same stratosphere, but eventually all the money going out with none coming in takes a toll - the folks that own your local watering hole aren't paying bartenders to fetch you a beer when you're not allowed to hang out at the bar (nor can they afford to).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    I think this episode is really going to speed along the proposed reduction in minor league franchises. There are going to be a ton of minor league free agents hitting the bricks.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (03-31-2020), jpx7 (04-01-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Anybody know if mlb.tv will issue refunds?
    I cancelled and requested a refund today and they emailed back and said they would issue the refund in 5-7 D.

Hoping I have similar luck with NBA League Pass.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    I cancelled and requested a refund today and they emailed back and said they would issue the refund in 5-7 D.

Hoping I have similar luck with NBA League Pass.
    Update: Refund went through.

Unless you have an undying loyalty to Rob Manfred and MLB, I suggest everyone here cancel their MLBTV subscriptions until the season starts (and even then I say go month to month).

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Update: Refund went through.

Unless you have an undying loyalty to Rob Manfred and MLB, I suggest everyone here cancel their MLBTV subscriptions until the season starts (and even then I say go month to month).
    where did you cancel and request a refund?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    how about that first inning from our home opener?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"