Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More defined topical posts?!

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool More defined topical posts?!

Is there a reason why all trade ideas are lumped into one 40+ page post? It is really that cumbersome to maintain multiple trade topics, ie giving David Price his own thread instead of lumping it with the "War and Peace" trade thread?

I am not sure about some others, but I would like to be able to see topical threads of trades since I do not have all day to read through a massive general one.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The DOB Braves About to Get Busier thread turned into the one stop for all Braves offseason discussion.

Frankly, there aren't any actual sources reporting any Braves with D Price connections to warrant its own thread.

Being a Braves fan all these years, when it comes to trades we've never been ones to leak it out in the media (JS and FW).
    Forever Fredi

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    The DOB Braves About to Get Busier thread turned into the one stop for all Braves offseason discussion.

Frankly, there aren't any actual sources reporting any Braves with D Price connections to warrant its own thread.

Being a Braves fan all these years, when it comes to trades we've never been ones to leak it out in the media (JS and FW).
    Being a Braves fan all these years means what? 20 yrs? 30 yrs?

I came to this board from Scout because I was recruited that it was better option and more open. Don't dictate your audience's topics because of your "years" of being a Braves fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    If there is ever any actual source reporting a legitimate braves/Price rumor then he will probably get his own thread. Right now its just speculation and pipe dreams.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravephoton View Post
    Being a Braves fan all these years means what? 20 yrs? 30 yrs?

I came to this board from Scout because I was recruited that it was better option and more open. Don't dictate your audience's topics because of your "years" of being a Braves fan.
    It is more open.

I don't think any of my moderators has closed any threads or merged any threads.

Everyone has chosen to just post and go along in either the Around Baseball offseason thread or DOB Thread which has evolved into a One-Thread All Braves offseason discussion.

If a trade comes down or a serious rumor is out there (like a Kurkjian, Rosenthal, Stark rumor) then yes it will get its own thread, but don't necessarily see the need for multiple threads.

I mean if someone made a thread I wouldn't have a problem with it, it's just the threads aren't that active enough to warrant separating right now at least from my perspective. We have 4 active threads on the front page... and our team has never been one to make much noise on the hot stove.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    If there is ever any actual source reporting a legitimate braves/Price rumor then he will probably get his own thread. Right now its just speculation and pipe dreams.
    That's what I was getting to. I mean a few weeks ago FW was on a radio show and said we were interested in Price but that was only after TB said they'd be open to trading him.

So far we haven't had an actual national baseball journalist like a Kurkjian, Gammons, Stark, Rosenthal, etc. report anything about a Braves-Price deal.

Once it does, of course it'll get its own thread and another 40 pages to itself.
    Forever Fredi

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't have the time to sift through a general trade thread because a "Frank Wren doesn't tip his hand" type mentality. If David Price or Brandon Phillips comes up, I would like to see their own post about it.

And let me ask you what are Braves fans doing during the off-season besides speculating of a possible new roster?

Let's just go with what you think is important KL!
    Last edited by Bravephoton; 12-11-2013 at 10:03 PM.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I don't have the time to sift through a general trade thread because a "Frank Wren doesn't tip his hand" type mentality. If David Price or Brandon Phillips comes up, I would like to see their own post about it.
    The problem is, there haven't been any legitimate David Price or Brandon Phillips trade rumors involving the Braves, so there is no thread.

If there were, then they would get their own threads. But anything David Price related in the last month has been all fan speculation. Brandon Phillips rumors were in the Dan Uggla thread because some wanted Phillips-Uggla swap and because Cinnci's GM hinted he MIGHT trade Phillips, but there's been no substantive rumor or talk about it since.
    Forever Fredi

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    The problem is, there haven't been any legitimate David Price or Brandon Phillips trade rumors involving the Braves, so there is no thread.

If there were, then they would get their own threads. But anything David Price related in the last month has been all fan speculation. Brandon Phillips rumors were in the Dan Uggla thread because some wanted Phillips-Uggla swap and because Cinnci's GM hinted he MIGHT trade Phillips, but there's been no substantive rumor or talk about it since.
    So you are filtering this because of sources verifying the rumor? HALF OF WHAT MAKES A BOARD EXCITING IS SPECULATION AND RUMOR! Otherwise we could just watch CNNSI and see what has actually occurred, 2 weeks ago!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    So you are filtering this because of sources verifying the rumor? HALF OF WHAT MAKES A BOARD EXCITING IS SPECULATION AND RUMOR! Otherwise we could just watch CNNSI and see what has actually occurred, 2 weeks ago!
    I'm not filtering anything. The reality is there aren't any major or real rumors involving the Braves, so that's why we haven't gotten any threads about it lol. The closest thing we've gotten is a tweet about the Braves trying to make some moves and deals but that's just a generic continuation of what DOB at AJC wrote a month ago. There's been no major substance connecting any major names to us. Jerry Hairston was rumored to be signing with us, then he retired 24 hours later.

I have no idea where you're going with this.

Nobody has made a thread yet because nobody else feels the need. The DOB thread gets roughly 5-6 pages added daily at most.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Fact of the matter is he cant please everyone. If it was done the way you prefer there would be other people complaining about a lack of organization and multiple theads about the same thing. I might tend to agree with you when we have a busy offseason like last year where the Braves had a lot of money to spend and a lot of holes to fill but right now there is virtually nothing going on and no reason to expect anything other than small moves. Players like Greg Dobbs dont need their own discussion page.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Wren said Wednesday afternoon that "wouldn't get into any specifics, said they've made progress on couple of potential deals, not sure if would finalize any here" in Orlando. That's from DOB on Twitter.

What the Braves are frantically doing, I assume is getting contracts done on all the arb-eligibles before their hearings come up and secureing the few FAs that they hope to retain. EOB I'm sure is getting a lot of that attention.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Wren said Wednesday afternoon that "wouldn't get into any specifics, said they've made progress on couple of potential deals, not sure if would finalize any here" in Orlando. That's from DOB on Twitter.

What the Braves are frantically doing, I assume is getting contracts done on all the arb-eligibles before their hearings come up and secureing the few FAs that they hope to retain. EOB I'm sure is getting a lot of that attention.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Fact of the matter is he cant please everyone.
    I try.
    Forever Fredi

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Back to Scout.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Have fun posting with yourself?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Krovahn (12-12-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Eh, I like the way it is. A lot of us have been keeping up with the thread for a while and are only seeing the newest posts, you could just start reading at a certain date and read forward. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Different boards and members do different things, it's a little stupid to get all upset.
    I think you'll suffer more in scout than we will here without you, though.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Back to Scout.

Forever Fredi

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Back to Scout.
    You could always start a thread yourself if you feel a player, topic, et cetera is under-served by the threads already active. I don't think Fearless Leader is destroying new threads or imperiling free discourse: that's why we pay him the big bucks.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (12-12-2013), yeezus (12-11-2013)

High School Draftee BoneThrower's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Wow, 18 total posts and it's "my way or the highway back to Scout"? Ummm, OK.