Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viable Options to Restarting the Season

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Tim K is reporting they may just play the season in Japan.

That’s not happening either

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-13-2020)

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on/5128935002/

The death of the National and American Leagues.

Braves proposed division:

Tampa Bay
    Minnesota
    Atlanta
    Boston
    Baltimore

We likely see universal DH too, I would guess.
    More like the temporary retirement of the NL and AL, yes? Personally, I'd love this for a year, if only to see the Braves matched with other teams here in the south, like Boston.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Braves' odds some of the most depressed by the proposed realignment. Grapefruit Circuit would be brutal—and that's without factoring in that Florida <<< Arizona as a geo-cultural place.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    If a bunch of players decide not to play, I think MLB should still try to play a season in Arizona with the players who do want to play. Combine all who do want to play from the majors and minors and have a fantasy draft. How fun would that be to have a huge draft day. You could keep the team names the same, but for one summer we just see a completely new team. Give a big pool of money to the champions of each division and an even bigger pool to the over all champ. I think something like that could happen. Salaried players would still earn the salary from their original teams. Obviously it wouldn't be great for big market teams, but it's better than nothing.
    thank you weso1!

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    All I know is I'm salty AF about all of this. Braves come to Dallas once every 6 years and I'm going to miss them because of this bull****.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    All I know is I'm salty AF about all of this. Braves come to Dallas once every 6 years and I'm going to miss them because of this bull****.
    Agreed. I was finally going to visit Truist this season. Was going to the Red Sox game in May and was going to stay at the Omni that backs to the field. Hotel already cancelled the stay.
    Here’s to next season.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    i have a flight still to there

and a hotel reservation

i'm not canceling them yet but it doesn't look good

really sucks we have the worst people in charge when this happened and we are so far behind from the get go of not taking it serious etc

but whatever
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (04-27-2020), jpx7 (04-24-2020)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    If a bunch of players decide not to play, I think MLB should still try to play a season in Arizona with the players who do want to play. Combine all who do want to play from the majors and minors and have a fantasy draft. How fun would that be to have a huge draft day. You could keep the team names the same, but for one summer we just see a completely new team. Give a big pool of money to the champions of each division and an even bigger pool to the over all champ. I think something like that could happen. Salaried players would still earn the salary from their original teams. Obviously it wouldn't be great for big market teams, but it's better than nothing.
    Would never happen unfortunately - it was always a battle to get MLB franchises to allow their players to play in the World Baseball Classic. None of the owners are going to allow players to play in games where their franchise doesn't profit directly. The insurance companies aren't likely going to extend coverage for something like that, so when Verlander or Greinke blows out his elbow pitching for the Surprise Yankees in the Arizona COVID League the Astros would be on the hook for the $30+ million they're due next year with no help from an insurance policy? Not going to happen.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?