Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB optimistic about starting season in late June

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    The wealth gap is completely created by the federal reserve system consistently pumping new cash into the system that benefits rich people.

It's not at all capitalism or billionaires being greedy. It's a dumb system that has decided their entire focus is keeping asset prices artificially high

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The wealth gap is completely created by the federal reserve system consistently pumping new cash into the system that benefits rich people.

It's not at all capitalism or billionaires being greedy. It's a dumb system that has decided their entire focus is keeping asset prices artificially high
    True and while industry deserves some blame, all the stock buy-backs etc that left companies in such a fragile position were also a result of a decade of monetary easing and artificially low interest rates. Why would a company sit on a bunch of cash when interest rates are essentially 0 and debt free? Easy monetary policy is the ultimate undercover upward wealth transfer.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Umm, the inflation independent wealth gap is not affected by the money supply, and is measured as a percentage of that inflated wealth.

The US wealth gap is due to corporations automating away middle class jobs, or sending them overseas, and then pocketing the rewards for doing so. Being handed free money only available to the wealthy simple accelerated the process.

Of course the usual suspects will lay blame anywhere other than at the feet of the rich folks they blindly serve out of sheer desperation to be among them. Blame the guy making $5 an hour picking lettuce. Blame the government. Just don't blame "us"...we are the real victims here...we "earned" our fortunes.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 05-20-2020 at 04:52 PM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Umm, the inflation independent wealth gap is not affected by the money supply, and is measured as a percentage of that inflated wealth.

The US wealth gap is due to corporations automating away middle class jobs, or sending them overseas, and then pocketing the rewards for doing so. Being handed free money only available to the wealthy simple accelerated the process.

Of course the usual suspects will lay blame anywhere other than at the feet of the rich folks they blindly serve out of sheer desperation to be among them. Blame the guy making $5 an hour picking lettuce. Blame the government. Just don't blame "us"...we are the real victims here...we "earned" our fortunes.
    Dude we've gone down this road before and you are clueless when it comes to economic topics.

Feel free to go find that convo again in the venezuelan trout thread for a refresher.

When the fed artificially lowers interest rates and injects liquidity into the markets it inflates asset prices (you know, that thing rich people own) and provides cheap borrowing costs for business investments (that thing rich people do to grow their wealth)

We have seen it hyper speed since 2009 and today what they are doing is dwarfing that.

This is a simplistic explanation bc I know you're not interested in anything other than hurling a dumbass insult

(This is the part where you start hurling the dumbasss insults and calling me things that I am not)

Carry on hero

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-20-2020), greenleaf (05-20-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Not sure which one of you are right... let me know which one of you are more wealthy so I can side with the other.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-20-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Millionaires vs billionaires .

I’m crying for both.
    Ivermectin Man

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    This board really needs baseball. I’d much rather read everyone arguing about whether Riley should be platooning with Camargo than reading the economics lectures.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skeeter31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-21-2020), Metaphysicist (05-23-2020), salmagundy (05-20-2020)

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dude we've gone down this road before and you are clueless when it comes to economic topics.

Feel free to go find that convo again in the venezuelan trout thread for a refresher.

When the fed artificially lowers interest rates and injects liquidity into the markets it inflates asset prices (you know, that thing rich people own) and provides cheap borrowing costs for business investments (that thing rich people do to grow their wealth)

We have seen it hyper speed since 2009 and today what they are doing is dwarfing that.

This is a simplistic explanation bc I know you're not interested in anything other than hurling a dumbass insult

(This is the part where you start hurling the dumbasss insults and calling me things that I am not)

Carry on hero
    Cool to find someone on here that's up on macro

I'll just add that the link between the rising inequality of the past 50 years and monetary easing is undeniable. Consumer price inflation has nothing to do with this discussion, obviously everything is inflation-adjusted (though the CPI is a manipulated joke)

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Millionaires vs billionaires .

I’m crying for both.
    you can cry for neither

while also saying "i don't give a **** if one side of this obvious equation makes zero pennies this year"
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
    Cool to find someone on here that's up on macro

I'll just add that the link between the rising inequality of the past 50 years and monetary easing is undeniable. Consumer price inflation has nothing to do with this discussion, obviously everything is inflation-adjusted (though the CPI is a manipulated joke)

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com
    Never expect intelligent economic discussion with whiny leftists. It's just another thing they get wrong.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts

Carry on hero
    And who is responsible for allowing that free money to be spent in those ways, rather than investing in their employees? Why wasn't that money used to boost the bottom line of workers, rather than the bank accounts of folks who are already filthy rich? Who financed and lobbied for putting those people in power?

Was it the guy making $5 an hour picking lettuce? Or was it the guy making $100M per year doing nothing of any real value?

Again, the usual suspects bending over backwards to lay the blame anywhere other than at the feet of the 1%. Everything "they" do is to hoard more wealth because $500M is better than $400M.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 05-21-2020 at 11:19 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not sure which one of you are right... let me know which one of you are more wealthy so I can side with the other.
    I agree that "rich" is subjective. I've been called "rich" because I have no idea what I pay for a gallon of milk. I've been called "rich" because my bathrooms have toilets in separate little rooms. I've been recently told I'm an "out of touch elitist" by someone whose small business is being decimated while my game studio was able to easily transition to work from home, and my engineering team carried on as if nothing really happened this whole time. I even got to go into the office most days (never thought I'd say that) to maintain VMs hosting central math software, so I realize that makes me pretty fortunate. I certainly don't feel rich though, so it's truly all in the eye of the beholder.

However, I don't think an "on paper" millionaire is part of the problem, but I'm aware some (many?) would disagree. I don't claim to have the answers, but I think it's beyond obvious there are major problems with the wealth distribution mechanisms in this country. I am in no way qualified to come up with solutions, but it seems blatantly obvious where the issue is, and who is responsible. If people like me end up being part of that problem, so be it, fix whatever I'm breaking too.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 05-21-2020 at 11:42 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-21-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Everytime I read the word billionaire it's in the voice of Bernie.
    thank you weso1!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Everytime I read the word billionaire it's in the voice of Bernie.
    billyunehr
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    you can cry for neither

while also saying "i don't give a **** if one side of this obvious equation makes zero pennies this year"
    I don’t care if either makes a dime. A handful of richer folks than me don’t really impact my life at all, except to deprive us all of baseball.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    What a missed opportunity for baseball this would be.

People are starting for sports and the first to get back in action will see a huge boon to the bottom line for future years with all the new fans they would gain.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What a missed opportunity for baseball this would be.

People are starting for sports and the first to get back in action will see a huge boon to the bottom line for future years with all the new fans they would gain.
    Yup.

"
    UPDATED with more details: Fox’s coverage of the NASCAR Cup Series’ return to action Sunday drew a 3.7 rating and 6.32 million viewers, according to Nielsen data. The race, the fan-free Real Heroes 400 live from Darlington Raceway in South Carolina, was one of the first live sporting events in the country since the coronavirus was declared a national emergency March 13.

The network said it was the most watched NASCAR Cup Series race (other than the marquee Daytona 500) since the Folds of Honor Quik Trip 500 in Atlanta on March 5, 2017. It also revved up 38% better than Fox’s last NASCAR race, on March 8 in Phoenix...."

https://deadline.com/2020/05/nascar-...rn-1202937367/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    And NASCAR was dying in the vine it seemed to me.
    Ivermectin Man

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    NASCAR on TV isn't any different now than before.

Because the crowd noise is never really injected in the broadcast, the humming sound of the cars on the track and the commentators and pit crew/drivers communicating is what you normally hear anyways.
    Forever Fredi