Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last Dance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think you're right about repetition and will power. I mean consider that MJ is old, and basketball is very hard on the legs and back. Find the number of 60 year old former star athletes who're great at golf, I'm guessing the list is short.
    MJ isn't old for golf. He's not playing against the pros. I regularly play with guys who shoot their age and I think that's one of the ultimate goals for any golfer. That said, it's repetition and will power that drives a guy over 70 to still play par golf.

One guy is over 80 now, but has shot his age over 700 times, first time when he was 68. Watching him play at such a high level, granted he's hitting from the seniors' tees, is one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen. I'm 59 now and shooting my age someday is a huge goal. MJ has a great chance to do it, if he can remain healthy. He should give up the cigars.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    You don't know he had his chance to tell his story. This is MJ's documentary. It's an autobiography. It would be like Amazon Studios making a documentary of Jeff Bezos or Apple making a documentary on Steve Jobs.

Pippen did the surgery late because of ****ty ownership. MJ should have applauded him because early season games are worthless.

As far as benching himself, it was a developing moment for him. Everyone says that it was humbling to him and he would come along as a leader. And how can Jordan talk about something he wasn't involved with?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-calls-snitch
    What? Pippen literally said he would have done it again (sitting out the final play). He had a chance right there to say otherwise. And you don't have to be involved with that play to know that it was a bad move.

As far as delaying his surgery goes. Yes it was a personal thing to get at onwership. In the end it didn't matter but it did cost the Bulls home court advantage in the finals that year.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    What? Pippen literally said he would have done it again (sitting out the final play). He had a chance right there to say otherwise. And you don't have to be involved with that play to know that it was a bad move.

As far as delaying his surgery goes. Yes it was a personal thing to get at onwership. In the end it didn't matter but it did cost the Bulls home court advantage in the finals that year.
    It may have cost them.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    It may have cost them.
    They had the same record as the Jazz. With pippen all year they would have won another game.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    They had the same record as the Jazz. With pippen all year they would have won another game.
    Likely, but that's assuming something else doesn't happen. Like maybe Pippin reinjures it and misses time anyway. You don't really know what would happen, you can say likely but you can't straight up blame him.

You can't be like if Jordan didn't have gambling debt that forced him to leave basketball for baseball the Bulls would have won 8 in a row.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Lol.....
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Likely, but that's assuming something else doesn't happen. Like maybe Pippin reinjures it and misses time anyway. You don't really know what would happen, you can say likely but you can't straight up blame him.

You can't be like if Jordan didn't have gambling debt that forced him to leave basketball for baseball the Bulls would have won 8 in a row.
    yeah ok