Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's assume there will be < 60 game regular season

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    2021 schedule was released today as well. We don’t go out west until 8/30 and do all of our west coast road trips in September. We also have a 2 day in a row break in August. According to The Athletic article, no one can really remember the last time a team had 2 consecutive days off (not including the All Star break) but it’ll be good for us! We also play the AL East again.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    2021 schedule was released today as well. We don’t go out west until 8/30 and do all of our west coast road trips in September. We also have a 2 day in a row break in August. According to The Athletic article, no one can really remember the last time a team had 2 consecutive days off (not including the All Star break) but it’ll be good for us! We also play the AL East again.
    ****ing joke. Will it be another 6 years before they come to Dallas? so lame.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Buster Posey Opts Out per MLBTR

MLBTR

Giants catcher Buster Posey has decided to opt out of the 2020 season, he announced in a Zoom call with reporters today. Posey explained that he and his wife have adopted twin girls who were born prematurely.
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to salmagundy For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-10-2020)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    Buster Posey Opts Out per MLBTR

MLBTR

Giants catcher Buster Posey has decided to opt out of the 2020 season, he announced in a Zoom call with reporters today. Posey explained that he and his wife have adopted twin girls who were born prematurely.
    Now how long until The American Acuña does the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    ****ing joke. Will it be another 6 years before they come to Dallas? so lame.
    I know!! Was so pumped to watch them at the new ballpark. Or whatever you call that tin hut.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    New Covid19 numbers announced.

I believe that 71 of the positive tests are players. To help speed up test results, a 2nd lab has been added to examine the tests submitted.

Per MLBTR

With monitoring now underway, the new totals have 83 positive tests from a total 11,149 samples (0.7%). Not included in the press release was the total number of individuals tested.

High Flight
    by

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Add Chapman to the list of positives...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-covid-19.html
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Hamels is still sidelined with arm problems. From MLBTR

Triceps tendinitis prevented Cole Hamels from throwing a side session today, Braves manager Brian Snitker told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Gabriel Burns and other reporters. While Snitker gave no indication that Hamels wouldn’t be ready for the start of the season, the timeline cited by the skipper would seem to leave things cut very close for Hamels to make the initial 30-man roster.

Another part of story

Since Hamels has yet to throw a simulated game or throw to live hitters, he’ll have less than a week before the Braves’ July 24th opener to get properly ramped up, going by Snitker’s “probably a week away” assessment.

High Flight
    by

10. The Following User Says Thank You to salmagundy For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-11-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Add Chapman to the list of positives...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-covid-19.html
    Shame to see it strike such a class act like Chapman. This virus truly does not discriminate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-13-2020), jpx7 (07-12-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    bust

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    how could he not find a mound? there aren't ANY parks where he lives?
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    how could he not find a mound? there aren't ANY parks where he lives?
    maybe he took the quarantine seriously?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-13-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    maybe he took the quarantine seriously?
    i mean, so did i. but you can still go to parks, no? you're not going to catch it by throwing on a mound by yourself just because you're outisde...
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    i mean, so did i. but you can still go to parks, no? you're not going to catch it by throwing on a mound by yourself just because you're outisde...
    Not where I live. They're almost all closed.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Folty, Soroka, and Newk were all working out at Truist - no clue where Wright was. Odd at the very least.

Still hard to call him a "bust" just yet, but he's sure not done himself any favors with this stunt if his goal is to stay with the organization. Newk and Touki have been more impressive than before (when Touki's been able to throw), and if all that's needed to secure the extra year of control over Anderson is two passes through the rotation, he's digging himself a hole by not being immediately ready to step into Hamels' slot.

We keep wondering why in the world AA seems so hesitant to move an arm or two - maybe he's just been waiting to see which ones were going to show him that they didn't have it in them to do everything it takes to get their shot.
    Last edited by clvclv; 07-13-2020 at 11:36 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Not where I live. They're almost all closed.
    interesting. some were briefly at the beginning, but have since opened up.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    What I’m interested to see is how are teams going to get around the State quarantine guidelines? Like right now, anyone traveling from Georgia to New York would need to quarantine for 14 days. How will the Braves be able to travel to the Mets to open the season without having to abide by that rule? Especially since the MLB rule package specifically states that any State or Local ordinance supersedes any MLB rules regarding quarantine.

On top of that, you’ve got California going into lockdown again. Washington DC requires a 14 day quarantine if you’ve come in contact with a positive person (so the Nats are unable to practice currently). Just a lot of different situations going on that will lead to unfair advantages and disadvantages which will further complicate this season. At least NBA and NHL are going to be in Hub cities so all the players will be there and quarantine for the required time period and won’t have to travel. I just can’t see this working out right now for MLB. But I sure hope they are able to prove me wrong!

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    What I’m interested to see is how are teams going to get around the State quarantine guidelines? Like right now, anyone traveling from Georgia to New York would need to quarantine for 14 days. How will the Braves be able to travel to the Mets to open the season without having to abide by that rule? Especially since the MLB rule package specifically states that any State or Local ordinance supersedes any MLB rules regarding quarantine.

On top of that, you’ve got California going into lockdown again. Washington DC requires a 14 day quarantine if you’ve come in contact with a positive person (so the Nats are unable to practice currently). Just a lot of different situations going on that will lead to unfair advantages and disadvantages which will further complicate this season. At least NBA and NHL are going to be in Hub cities so all the players will be there and quarantine for the required time period and won’t have to travel. I just can’t see this working out right now for MLB. But I sure hope they are able to prove me wrong!
    As our fearless leader continues to point out, quarantines/masks/lockdowns/etc. are the same thing as CDC "guidances" - they're not LAWS (unless they benefit him in some way). For instance, the Governor here in NC has mandated that everyone wear masks in public, but our local Sheriff openly pandered to the backwoods redneck/Trumpites in a Facebook post unequivocally stating that our County would not be participating in enforcement of that mandate.

I would assume that visiting players and personnel would be quarantined to their own hotel and the ballpark when they fly in - they won't be allowed to sightsee, patronize local restaurants or bars, etc. while they're in town. I'm assuming the same thing goes for NASCAR and the PGA Tour players since they're back at work in multiple states.
    Last edited by clvclv; 07-13-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    As our fearless leader continues to point out, quarantines/masks/lockdowns/etc. are the same thing as CDC "guidances" - they're not LAWS (unless they benefit him in some way). For instance, the Governor here in NC has mandated that everyone wear masks in public, but our local Sheriff openly pandered to the backwoods redneck/Trumpites in a Facebook post unequivocally stating that our County would not be participating in enforcement of that mandate.

I would assume that visiting players and personnel would be quarantined to their own hotel and the ballpark when they fly in - they won't be allowed to sightsee, patronize local restaurants or bars, etc. while they're in town. I'm assuming the same thing goes for NASCAR and the PGA Tour players since they're back at work in multiple states.
    That whole quarantine thing in New York really just amounts to a threat to scare people from wrongdoing. It's not really being enforced. That being said, bars and restaurants are still not open in New York aside from outdoor eating, neither is sight seeing like museums etc. So it's kinda hard to get into trouble. Plus, if you've never been to NYC, you'd be shocked how much of a ghost town it is right now since many people got scared and left, and without all of the tourists.