Page 16 of 178 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    There is so much of this that pisses me off. That this will be swept under the rug. That only those 3 officers will be fired, how lucky are we the only 3 racist cops happened to meet up and talk to each other, reality is they are just the scapegoats that got caught saying it. Now the cops will cut off a few fingers to save the arm and nothing will be solved. Will they even ask these other cops who else they had these types of conversations with? Are traffic tickets given by the cop going to be refunded for people who paid them now that those cops have no credibility? Will the other officers who worked the most with them be investigated? Of course not.
    Not to put too fine a point on it but cops are by and large drawn from the one remaining demographic group still backing very poorly chosen one. White men without a college degree.

Some will be fine people. Some not so fine. But we know on average about the views of that demographic group (sorry about the profiling for you snowflakes out there). People who think "Kung Flu" is an applause line are going to be out there in their racial views generally.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 06-25-2020 at 07:50 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The NASA headquarters in Washington, DC, will be named after ‘Hidden Figure’ Mary W. Jackson

Mary W. Jackson became NASA’s first African American woman engineer in 1958. She later moved into the personnel field, advocating for diversity and inclusion. In a statement, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said, “We will continue to recognise the contributions of women, African Americans, and people of all backgrounds who have made NASA’s successful history of exploration possible.”

The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Not to put too fine a point on it but cops are by and large drawn from the one remaining demographic group still backing very poorly chosen one. White men without a college degree.

Some will be fine people. Some not so fine. But we know on average about the views of that demographic group (sorry about the profiling for you snowflakes out there). People who think "Kung Flu" is an applause line are going to be out there in their racial views generally.

What I think would surprise people is what percent of the racist cops werent really all that racist when they started. We wont be fixing the problem just dealing with the symptoms because both sides are unable or unwilling to consider the POV of the other side. Cops think the black people who complain are just the criminals mad about being arrested but cops are just as hateful and spiteful towards people or groups who hold cops accountable to the law. Cops who turn in other cops lose their careers. Get death threats. If they were really about law enforcement and protecting and serving these people would be treated as heroes. They arent because its about us vs them mentality.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    What I think would surprise people is what percent of the racist cops werent really all that racist when they started. We wont be fixing the problem just dealing with the symptoms because both sides are unable or unwilling to consider the POV of the other side. Cops think the black people who complain are just the criminals mad about being arrested but cops are just as hateful and spiteful towards people or groups who hold cops accountable to the law. Cops who turn in other cops lose their careers. Get death threats. If they were really about law enforcement and protecting and serving these people would be treated as heroes. They arent because its about us vs them mentality.
    My driver when I have to go to the airport is an ex-cop (NYPD detective to be precise). The reason he is an ex-cop is he wouldn't cooperate with the investigation of someone he acknowledges was a bad cop. A really bad cop. I've learned a lot about police culture from him. In his case he wasn't even willing to cooperate with the system that NYPD had in place for investigating their own.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 06-25-2020 at 08:21 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    As Ohio National Guard soldiers were dispatched to help quell unrest in Washington, D.C., one was keeping a secret from his commanders: He had frequently espoused neo-Nazi views among like-minded friends.

Pfc. Shandon Simpson had participated in a white supremacist channel on the Telegram messaging app called RapeWaffen Division, according to the SITE Intelligence Group. The channel’s members have touted the rape of female police officers, posted images with Confederate battle flags and swastikas and called white women who have children with men of other races “traitors.”

On Twitter, Simpson tried to recruit fascists to join him in a new group, used an image of Nazi Party leader Richard Walther Darré as his profile picture and marked the 75th anniversary of Adolf Hitler’s death on April 30.

Simpson’s case has come into focus as another soldier faces serious charges. On Monday, the Justice Department charged Pvt. Ethan P. Melzer in a plot in which authorities said he worked with the extremist group Order of the Nine Angles in an attempt to kill fellow American soldiers abroad.

Members of the “racially motivated violent extremist group” have espoused neo-Nazi and satanic beliefs and admiration for both Hitler and Osama bin Laden, the indictment said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ge%2Fstory-ans

"I am your retribution."

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Look at this perfectly normal non noose looking garage pull

Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (06-25-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Look at this perfectly normal non noose looking garage pull

It's very easy to see why it gave the dude some concern. It would me too if I were him.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Hell of a conspiracy to get that there a year early

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Hell of a conspiracy to get that there a year early
    How about the conspiracy of assigning Bubba Wallace the one garage in the whole place with a noose in plain sight? Or is that coincidence?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    How about the conspiracy of assigning Bubba Wallace the one garage in the whole place with a noose in plain sight? Or is that coincidence?
    So Nascar was the racist, and then called the feds on themselves?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    FYI, got several real insiders in NASCAR (not just fans) in my congregation and they all are super supportive and protective of Bubba Wallace. No conspiracy at all. Critiques of either NASCAR or Wallace are most likely off-base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    FYI, got several real insiders in NASCAR (not just fans) in my congregation and they all are super supportive and protective of Bubba Wallace. No conspiracy at all. Critiques of either NASCAR or Wallace are most likely off-base.
    They're far off base. Sturg is just a narcissist or something that causes him to lack empathy to understand why someone would be concerned about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    They're far off base. Sturg is just a narcissist or something that causes him to lack empathy to understand why someone would be concerned about this.
    Lol a narcissist?

What sturg sees is a simple misunderstanding but trying to fit racism when there isn't.

Why that is so controversial, I do not understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Lol a narcissist?

What sturg sees is a simple misunderstanding but trying to fit racism when there isn't.

Why that is so controversial, I do not understand.
    You've proven your intention over and over again. I have 0 respect for your opinion on race, or how to run a business. If you were my boss I'd quit cause you'd never have my back.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    I read that Wallace never saw the noose nor did he ask to see a picture of it? Someone at NASCAR is at fault for this. People knew it was there. It’s a common rope knot in a lot of garages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    You've proven your intention over and over again. I have 0 respect for your opinion on race, or how to run a business. If you were my boss I'd quit cause you'd never have my back.
    I assure you I'd be ok with that decision if you are as bad at business as you are at logic.

It wasnt some crazy racist act. A 5 min investigation proves that. But they played the victim card for a national moment and then look like fools.

Is what it is. Bubba backed off of it yesterday after humiliating himself the day before. You keep doubling down for some reason.

I accept your resignation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    you dont understand the symbolism of a noose in Alabama ?
    really ...

Speaking of racism, I take for granted that the crew member that reported the noose was white.

Let us not forget the name of the owner of Wallace's team

Many years of watching and being around racing,
    Richard Petty does not throw the brand of Richard Petty around frivolously

Watching the push the car video, at the end I saw the hat and said out loud,"there is Richard Petty"

In what work place would this be handled differently?
    NASCAR 5 years ago perhaps
    Last edited by 57Brave; 06-25-2020 at 09:53 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I assure you I'd be ok with that decision if you are as bad at business as you are at logic.

It wasnt some crazy racist act. A 5 min investigation proves that. But they played the victim card for a national moment and then look like fools.

Is what it is. Bubba backed off of it yesterday after humiliating himself the day before. You keep doubling down for some reason.

I accept your resignation
    What are you talking about. Like seriously. you don't know **** about the situation. If NASCAR just wanted to play the victim card why get the FBI involved?

Get off your high horse, you're not that smart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    you dont understand the symbolism of a noose in Alabama ?
    really ...

Speaking of racism, I take for granted that the crew member that reported the noose was white.

Let us not forget the name of the owner of Wallace's team

Many years of watching and being around racing,
    Richard Petty does not throw the brand of Richard Petty around frivolously

Watching the push the car video, at the end I saw the hat and said out loud,"there is Richard Petty"

In what work place would this be handled differently?
    NASCAR 5 years ago perhaps
    The rope was there from 2019.

There is a reason Bubba put out a statement admitting to being wrong.

Why yall cant, I dont understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    What are you talking about. Like seriously. you don't know **** about the situation. If NASCAR just wanted to play the victim card why get the FBI involved?

Get off your high horse, you're not that smart.
    Lol