#MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    LMAO

President Trump took credit for popularizing Juneteenth, the
    commemoration of the end of slavery in the U.S., in a wide-ranging interview with the Wall Street Journal Thursday, saying: "I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous."

Driving the news: The president claimed that "nobody had ever heard" of the June 19 celebration before he planned a rally in Tulsa on that day. His campaign ultimately changed the date of the rally to June 20 after receiving pushback from African American leaders around the country.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    It’s the blackout day idea which isn’t thought out ...
    Why would BLM take your advise ?
    What arrogance

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    ...and when they spend more on the 6th or the 8th to make up for what they're not spending on the 7th, businesses won't notice at all.
    Or it could backfire like the chick fil a boycott.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Why would BLM take your advise ?
    What arrogance
    This idea has been bandied about many times over the years for various causes, not just by BLM. It's simply bad economics, bad logic, and it doesn't work. I don't care what BLM does, nor do I care whether or not they listen to me...if they want to waste their time doing something that'll have no impact, that's their business.

Do some Googling on gas boycott days that were supposed to make big oil "take notice" and let me know how those worked out.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    This idea has been bandied about many times over the years for various causes, not just by BLM. It's simply bad economics, bad logic, and it doesn't work. I don't care what BLM does, nor do I care whether or not they listen to me...if they want to waste their time doing something that'll have no impact, that's their business.

Do some Googling on gas boycott days that were supposed to make big oil "take notice" and let me know how those worked out.
    What would the outcome even be? Like, what is the goal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Your contention seems to be non violent protest is pointless.

In fact movements with wind at their backs ala BLM - history shows boycots are effective. I go back longer than you to protracted industry strikes, civli rights boycots gymormous anti war and civil rights rallies.
    Shoot, through boycots, targeted strikes and other forms of civil disobedience we watched approval of Viet Nam war disapste.
    In the past 3 weeks.we watched entrenched civil war monuments come down one after the other.

Taking a knee during the national anthem never works either ?

I trust whay has necome a world wide movement -'----- BLM has crunched numbers you and I have no idea of.
    Or it is a leap of faith
    We ll see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    So a bunch of people dont buy anything one day.

Then what? I guess what is the goal for this protest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Your contention seems to be non violent protest is pointless.
    No it isn’t...my response was only geared towards that specific idea of a one day economic boycott. It’s a sophomoric idea that’s been around for a long time and is recycled from time to time, despite it never working in theory or practice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...s-man-71314468

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland’s mayor said five ropes found hanging from trees in a city park are nooses and racially-charged symbols of terror but a resident said they are merely exercise equipment that he put up there months ago.

Mayor Libby Schaaf said Wedesday that a hate crime investigation was under way after a social media post identified a noose at the city’s popular Lake Merritt. Police said they searched the area on Tuesday and found five ropes attached to trees.

The Police Department provided five photographs of trees, some of which showed knotted ropes and one that appeared to have a piece of plastic pipe attached to a rope, hanging from tree limbs.

They have been removed by city officials.

Victor Sengbe, who is black, told KGO-TV that the ropes were part of a rigging that he and his friends used as part of a larger swing system. He also shared video of the swing in use.

“Out of the dozen and hundreds and thousands of people that walked by, no one has thought that it looked anywhere close to a noose. Folks have used it for exercise. It was really a fun addition to the park that we tried to create,” Sengbe said.

“It’s unfortunate that a genuine gesture of just wanting to have a good time got misinterpreted into something so heinous,” he told the station.

Nooses have been associated with the lynching of black people and used as symbols to taunt or terrorize African Americans.

Schaaf said officials must “start with the assumption that these are hate crimes.” However, the mayor and Nicholas Williams, the city’s director of parks recreation, also said it didn’t matter whether the ropes were meant to send a racist message.

“Intentions don’t matter when it comes to terrorizing the public,” Schaaf said. “It is incumbent on all of us to know the actual history of racial violence, of terrorism, that a noose represents and that we as a city must remove these terrorizing symbols from the public view.”

“The symbolism of the rope hanging in the tree is malicious regardless of intent. It’s evil, and it symbolizes hatred,” Williams said.

Police said several community members came forward during their initial investigation to say the ropes were used for exercise and a man came forward to say he put them up several months ago.

The department said it is conducting a full investigation and had notified the FBI.

“We remind and ask our community to be mindful when using this equipment in a recreational manner. These acts may send an unintended message,” the police statement said. “We recognize especially at this time, that any ropes on or attached to trees, limbs or other objects can be associated with hate crimes and racial violence.”

---------------------------

Is the Onion still in business at this point? Not sure how satirical publications write pieces when this is real life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Seems like an attack on speech even if they are nooses. People have the right to be racist.

But considering it's not nooses, TLHLIM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Police Issue Adrenochrome (40% Solution)
    @comedyunism
    ·
    15h
    Remember the fascist gang roaming the streets of Fishtown attacking any

minority a few weeks back? Turns out they organized because Philly Police

privately approached them the day before and convinced them

they were in danger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So a bunch of people dont buy anything one day.

Then what? I guess what is the goal for this protest?

Thousands of anti-racist dockworkers have shut down a port in Oakland as workers

with the International Longshore and Warehouse Union went on strike at 29 ports

along the West Coast of the United States to protest against

racist police violence and exploitation.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1274069957802962955

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    LMAO

President Trump took credit for popularizing Juneteenth, the
    commemoration of the end of slavery in the U.S., in a wide-ranging interview with the Wall Street Journal Thursday, saying: "I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous."

Driving the news: The president claimed that "nobody had ever heard" of the June 19 celebration before he planned a rally in Tulsa on that day. His campaign ultimately changed the date of the rally to June 20 after receiving pushback from African American leaders around the country.
    I had never heard of Juneteenth before this year. I read about it in relation to the Tulsa Race Riots about a week before the WH announcement. I think he's right that his dog whistle blowing is going to lead to lead to something good, by backfiring and achieving the opposite of what he and his racist people want.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    People have the right to be racist.
    What a brave stance

The world and country you fight for isn’t worth having
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Seems like an attack on speech even if they are nooses. People have the right to be racist.
    From the Confederate Bill of Rights?

Even making that argument is as repulsive as hanging a noose.

Actually people don't have a right to incite violence or to terrorize people based on their skin color. That's what those nooses are about, not free speech. You do know that eventually it's going to be white people hanging from nooses? You know that, right?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    NAMBLA is proof you can believe whatever you want.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Does it matter that the (black) guy who hung the ropes explicitly said they’re for exercise and they’re not nooses?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    From the Confederate Bill of Rights?

Even making that argument is as repulsive as hanging a noose.

Actually people don't have a right to incite violence or to terrorize people based on their skin color. That's what those nooses are about, not free speech. You do know that eventually it's going to be white people hanging from nooses? You know that, right?

He’s correct. People have a right to be racist but people don’t have a right to infringe on others civil rights. You have a right to be mad and say you want to kill your wife or you want to smack the **** out of a coworker but you don’t have a right to physically do that. Do people have a right to be racist? Yes but do people have a right to act racist? No.