Thread: Race

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol, that isn’t from protesting from the details I have seen

No reason to lie about The heinous crime
    Last edited by goldfly; 07-06-2020 at 01:14 AM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
    So what if they were defending their wealth. I'd be freaking out if a a mob of protestors were on my private property making noise and possible breaking a gate. They were nervous about the situation, didn't shoot, anyone, and called the police. Perhaps the protestors should have been arrested for trespassing.
    They were freaked out and afraid, irrationally so, but they could've locked their doors and watched the protesters walk by. They came very close to ruining their lives forever, not to mention their potential victims. It was a stroke of luck that their confrontation and needless escalation didn't lead to something way, way worse.

This couple should not be praised by wing nut media. It will only spur some guy in the future with an itchier trigger finger. Is that what you want to see happen? What happens after that?
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Runnin doesn't give a ****. He wants to see America burn just like so many traitor marxists. Time to get tough ok them and call them out for what they are. Enemies of the states that should be round up and jailed.
    Your marxist obsession and fear is even loonier than usual. Where do you get it? I wouldn't know Karl from Groucho.

So anyone whose politics are to the left of Barry Goldwater is a marxist?

How does one take you seriously when so many of your posts are hyperbolic nonsense?
    Last edited by Runnin; 07-07-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The novel idea of taking nationalism out of sport.
    Why have the national anthem before sporting events in the first place ?

Take military recruitment out of sport. Why endless parading
    Point being de-emphasize the false glories of colonialism and exceptionalism
    Play ball
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    The novel idea of taking nationalism out of sport.

Take military recruitment out of sport. Why endless parading
    Point being de-emphasize the false glories of colonialism and exceptionalism
    Play ball
    screw you and your marxist beliefs.

We true Americans love celebrating our great history.

Leave
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I notice you put this in the Race thread when actually the word " shot" appears in all 3 instances you cite

So it is not police brutality or civil rights (BLM) you are speaking of but comprehensive gun reform
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    My three guns sat in my living room the entire weekend and never fired once.

I guess I have well behaved guns?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (07-06-2020)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,757 Posts
    White car supremacy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts

So how much police brutality fixes that? How many people do we need to incarcerate?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    My three guns sat in my living room the entire weekend and never fired once.

I guess I have well behaved guns?
    LOL.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    They were freaked out and afraid, irrationally so, but they could've locked their doors and watched the protesters walk by. They came very close to ruining their lives forever, not to mention their potential victims. It was a stroke of luck that their confrontation and needless escalation didn't lead to something way, way worse.

This couple should not be praised by wing nut media. It will only spur some guy in the future with an itchier trigger finger. Is that what you want to see happen? What happens after that?
    No I don’t want to see anything happen. Honestly I don’t like guns and think they escalate situations. I think those things should be left to trained law enforcement when possible. Those two were also being stupid but they didn’t shoot and I understand why they were freaked out.

The protests were somewhere they weren’t supposed to be. That whole area was private. People have seen videos of arson and vandalism and hearing noise from a gate breaking and seeing a crowd coming through their gated community will freak people out.

I’m not making them heroes, but they’re not villains. Also yes the protesters were breaking the law. They didn’t get shot but I don’t feel bad for them that a couple came out with guns. If there had been a shooting it would have been different.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coredor For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-06-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Atlanta is a cesspool right now. It was hard to believe. The behavior in the streets and disregard for others lives and property is stunning.

The mayor got on video saying enough is enough. She indicated black on black crime is the huge driver and wanted it to stop because it will cheapen and supersede the civil rights movements that are going on now. She seems like a tough woman. Kudos to her .
    Last edited by Tapate50; 07-07-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    Ivermectin Man

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (07-06-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Atlanta is a sesspool right now. It was hard to believe. The behavior in the streets and disregard for others lives and property is stunning.

The mayor got on video saying enough is enough. She indicated black on black crime is the huge driver and wanted it to stop because it will cheapen and supersede the civil rights movements that are going on now. She seems like a tough woman. Kudos to her .
    Great step from a Black Democratic Female politician. To actually acknowledge black on black crime, which is of course the real root cause for the suffering in the black community and not this absurd concept of systemtic racism, is a tremendous step and she should absolutely be comended for that.

What comes next is to understand the reasons black on black crime is happening in such staggering numbers. Democrats will never face that because they have to look in the mirror then .
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Gimmick during WWI, that eventually was an anti-commie thing of the 50s, that now is a national recruitment strategy of the military.

I hate it personally. It seems cheap. I've been to many international soccer matches and there's a certain joy to the meaning of a national anthem when it matters. When everyone is aligned under a banner of representing one's country in international competition. Playing the national anthem nearly 2500 times last year in baseball is cheap. Especially when you lok at an average team, let's say the Braves, 29 of the 40 players on the 40 man are from the US.But there are players from Cuba, Venezuela, Panama, the Dominican Republic, Curacao, and Canada. Only one of those nations ever has their national anthem. Now let's look at the Braves postion players and where they're from.

C- USA
    1B - USA
    2B - Curacoa
    3B - could be USA or Panama
    SS - USA
    LF - DR
    CF - Venezuela
    RF - Venezuela

On an average night, half the starting position players for the Braves aren't American. But they're forced to stand for the national anthem of a country they don't represent. It's never made sense to me.

And as far as I can tell, it's an American thing. They don't play God Save the Queen before a Premier League match.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Great step from a Black Democratic Female politician. To actually acknowledge black on black crime, which is of course the real root cause for the suffering in the black community and not this absurd concept of systemtic racism, is a tremendous step and she should absolutely be comended for that.

What comes next is to understand the reasons black on black crime is happening in such staggering numbers. Democrats will never face that because they have to look in the mirror then .
    This is your brain on Trump, don't do Trump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    This is your brain on Trump, don't do Trump.
    Please define the term and use specific examples to make it easier for this silly trumper
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Nice of Don Lemon to admit that BLM doesn't actually care about all black lives.

You guys are such saps its amusing.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Please define the term and use specific examples to make it easier for this silly trumper
    systemic racism is the idea that the cards are stacked in favor of certain races. I don't need to look a lot harder than a few things.

1. Gun laws in inner cities. A sticking point for many, but considering how difficult it can be for an inner city person regardless of race (though minorities tend to represent larger portions of city populations) to legally gain access to a firearm as opposed to a suburban or rural person, that's a sign of systemic racism. Again, one of the few times the NRA backed a gun law came after the black panthers were walking around with Assault Weapons.

2. The US as a whole tends to neighborhood themselves. You see it in cities, Chinatown, Little Italy, Koreatown, etc. This is at the core issue of blank on blank violence. Blacks commit more violence on blacks, whites commit more violence on whites, etc. because you tend to commit crimes in your neighborhood. This is a sign again of systemic racism. By collecting a large group of people in a tight knit neighborhood and depriving them of the means to survive, of course violence will happen.

3. The easiest cited example of systemic racism though is imbalance in laws. For example, crack cocaine is just as addictive as powder cocaine, but it's penalties are multiplicatively more harsh. Rockefeller Drug Laws were notoriously harsher on lower income inner city (aka Black) citizens. Why is it that people can't do heroin but wealthy white people can be prescribed Fentanyl for moderate pain with the right doctor?

I could go on, this is just the tip of the iceberg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    systemic racism is the idea that the cards are stacked in favor of certain races. I don't need to look a lot harder than a few things.

1. Gun laws in inner cities. A sticking point for many, but considering how difficult it can be for an inner city person regardless of race (though minorities tend to represent larger portions of city populations) to legally gain access to a firearm as opposed to a suburban or rural person, that's a sign of systemic racism. Again, one of the few times the NRA backed a gun law came after the black panthers were walking around with Assault Weapons.

2. The US as a whole tends to neighborhood themselves. You see it in cities, Chinatown, Little Italy, Koreatown, etc. This is at the core issue of blank on blank violence. Blacks commit more violence on blacks, whites commit more violence on whites, etc. because you tend to commit crimes in your neighborhood. This is a sign again of systemic racism. By collecting a large group of people in a tight knit neighborhood and depriving them of the means to survive, of course violence will happen.

3. The easiest cited example of systemic racism though is imbalance in laws. For example, crack cocaine is just as addictive as powder cocaine, but it's penalties are multiplicatively more harsh. Rockefeller Drug Laws were notoriously harsher on lower income inner city (aka Black) citizens. Why is it that people can't do heroin but wealthy white people can be prescribed Fentanyl for moderate pain with the right doctor?

I could go on, this is just the tip of the iceberg
    1 is caused by democrat regulations. Are they causing systemic racism? Do you have studies to show that its harder for black to acquire a gun in an inner city as opposed to a white that isn't ec9nomically driven?

What system is causing 2? Isn't that just normal human behavior? I fail to see how any 'system' is imposing where people choose to live again outside normal economic restrictions.

Is level of addiction tbe driver of laws? Or is it overal danger to the body and others? Laws are always harder on the poor because they cant afford to defend themselves.

I'm not seeing a 'system' causing what you are stating as racism here. Its economically driven and a result of laws that are applied evenly based on race.
    Natural Immunity Croc