Page 12 of 178 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I was a towboat deckhand in a previous life and learned all kinds of knots, including the noose. The fish hook knot is similar but less wraps. One day our engineer, a proud, card carrying KKK member and general a$$hole, saw the mate teaching me knots. He asked for some rope and from memory had a perfect noose in no time. He then disappeared back into the boat. Come to find out he went straight to our black cook and plopped it down on the galley table, taunting him with it as a joke. This cook was one of the best in the fleet and the only one I ever heard of who regularly made cakes and pies for his crew, as well as the best gumbo and crawfish etoufee I've ever had. The captain heard about it and chewed the guy out and that engineer never worked on our boat again. Now, that engineer actually liked the cook and really was only joking, but he was still an insensitive prick. He also claimed to be a personal friend of Charles Manson, but that's another story. This was the early 80's.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

57Brave (06-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    a noose is a type of loop knot
    But is a square a rectangle?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Jeez, Zeets is getting worse huh?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opini...JyrVKT50lo9YN/

This is nonsense. City of Atlanta leadership, like that of many cities should be ashamed of their incompetence.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (06-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    NASCAR released the presser on this. Don't pull this "the entire country" ****. NASCAR brought this out. Not the "liberals" or whatever **** you're trying to make up. Considering Wallace's stance and NASCAR banning Slavery banners, you would be hard pressed to think they would be very careful.

The US flag is banned? If the confederacy won they would have eventually "ended" slavery too at some point. Slavery is still not abolished or even close to it. It isnt even unconstitutional. They just replaced one system of slavery with another. Wasnt long after the war the US government invented convict leasing to sell black people right back to the cotton fields.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    You could also just admit you fell for a racism story bc you wanted it to be true.

We dont have to make everything about racism.

Its possible
    Nope. I believed what was put out by Nascar who was presented with said noose. I'm glad there was no malicious intent. There's still the question of why someone would fashion a garage door pull as a hangman's noose, something that's known for it's ability to tighten when you pull down on it, but that's it. This was a big enough deal that NASCAR felt the need to talk about it. I'm glad unlike you NASCAR is taking an aggressive 0 tolerance approach to possible death threats.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I don't go looking at everything as if it's automatically racist.
    Again let's present the facts.

Someone found a noose fashioned on the garage door of the only full time black NASCAR driver who spoke out and kind of forced NASCAR to ban the "We got our asses whooped 155 years ago" flag. Could be a dangerous sign. For those who don't know, it's common for the KKK to have left threats before lynchings as a means of scaring someone out.

Up the ladder it climbed until NASCAR released a presser and investigation.

Listen, I'm sure you think you're not racist or something, that's fine, I hope you aren't. But a lot of people are. There are thousands of active KKK members, neo nazis, etc. who going violent against a celebrity isn't a big leap. I'm glad this wasn't a targeted attack on Wallace, but you can't be too careful when it comes to right wing terrorism deep in the heart of Dixie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Nope. I believed what was put out by Nascar who was presented with said noose. I'm glad there was no malicious intent. There's still the question of why someone would fashion a garage door pull as a hangman's noose, something that's known for it's ability to tighten when you pull down on it, but that's it. This was a big enough deal that NASCAR felt the need to talk about it. I'm glad unlike you NASCAR is taking an aggressive 0 tolerance approach to possible death threats.
    Apparently a zero tolerance policy to non death threats as well.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Double down!

Answering requested interviews?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Apparently a zero tolerance policy to non death threats as well.
    Did NASCAR start firing low level pit crews? Did they cancel the race? Get out of here with your weaksauce.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,676 Posts
    Again let's present the facts.

Someone found a noose fashioned on the garage door of the only full time black NASCAR driver who spoke out and kind of forced NASCAR to ban the "We got our asses whooped 155 years ago" flag. Could be a dangerous sign. For those who don't know, it's common for the KKK to have left threats before lynchings as a means of scaring someone out.

Up the ladder it climbed until NASCAR released a presser and investigation.

Listen, I'm sure you think you're not racist or something, that's fine, I hope you aren't. But a lot of people are. There are thousands of active KKK members, neo nazis, etc. who going violent against a celebrity isn't a big leap. I'm glad this wasn't a targeted attack on Wallace, but you can't be too careful when it comes to right wing terrorism deep in the heart of Dixie.
    This mystery could've been solved in like 5 mins.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (06-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    You can tie a rope so that it would resemble a noose but wouldn't tighten. Such a rope would be useful as a garage door pull as it would have a good area to grab.

This story appears to be a case of the old adage "If you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail." We're seeing that play out a lot right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Did NASCAR start firing low level pit crews? Did they cancel the race? Get out of here with your weaksauce.
    No, there was just a completely unnecessary discussion on a garage door opener in the most racially charged time in our nation for the past 40 years. Yes, more than the Rodney King riots.

To say this was anything other than dangerous and irresponsible is insanity. ANYONE in the industry knew the purpose of the rope.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol yep

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    You can tie a rope so that it would resemble a noose but wouldn't tighten. Such a rope would be useful as a garage door pull as it would have a good area to grab.

This story appears to be a case of the old adage "If you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail." We're seeing that play out a lot right now.
    Isn't it a figure 8 loop that is used all the time. There are tons of pics on twitter of these things on other race stalls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    a noose is a type of loop knot
    In the same was a bullet is a kind of lead product. You can tie a loop knot that isn't a hangman's knot. It's entirely possible. Someone did this, probably as a joke, but perhaps tying a knot into a hangman's noose in Alabama isn't the best idea.

It's great that there was no direct threat to Wallace, the last thing America needs is someone actually threatening a black celebrity. I'm glad NASCAR did what they did. They took a stand as an organization and the drivers all took a stand to stand with Wallace and make it clear that threats would be taken seriously and that Wallace is a welcome member of the "family" if you would

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    But it wasn't. Because it couldn't. It was solved quickly, but saying it could have been solved in 5 minutes is obtuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    In the same was a bullet is a kind of lead product. You can tie a loop knot that isn't a hangman's knot. It's entirely possible. Someone did this, probably as a joke, but perhaps tying a knot into a hangman's noose in Alabama isn't the best idea.

It's great that there was no direct threat to Wallace, the last thing America needs is someone actually threatening a black celebrity. I'm glad NASCAR did what they did. They took a stand as an organization and the drivers all took a stand to stand with Wallace and make it clear that threats would be taken seriously and that Wallace is a welcome member of the "family" if you would
    I'm super glad that they contributed to the fake systemic racism narrative to further divide the nation. All to push your sides bull**** marxist revolution.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post

You can tie a rope so it doesn't resemble a noose and doesn't tighten. What happened was out of the norm enough for NASCAR to take this seriously. I spent a half hour of my time checking out other NASCAR garages I could find on the internet and seemingly no one used a hangman's noose. They seemed to go for a much simpler style. Every garage I've worked at has used a simple braided rope with a tight knot on the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm super glad that they contributed to the fake systemic racism narrative to further divide the nation. All to push your sides bull**** marxist revolution.
    Whatever you say. You'd be happy with someone lynching a celebrity, glad to hear that.