Page 84 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3559

Thread: Race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts

This is the stuff people should focus on, not people who get killed resisting arrest.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Dan Price
    @DanPriceSeattle
    ·
    11h
    ever notice how paying off your mortgage improves your credit score but paying rent doesn't?

and how renters (who have an average net worth of $6k) can't improve their credit score so they end up paying higher interest on loans?

almost like the system is set up to keep you poor
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Progressives make it so obvious they have no understanding how everyday life works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Dan Price
    @DanPriceSeattle
    ·
    11h
    ever notice how paying off your mortgage improves your credit score but paying rent doesn't?

and how renters (who have an average net worth of $6k) can't improve their credit score so they end up paying higher interest on loans?

almost like the system is set up to keep you poor
    For the record, I completely agree. I think the same is true of pre paid services like cell phone plans. Didn't the person show financial responsibility in choosing a plan they knew they had to pay in advance?

And of course the fact that lack of debt hurts credit scores is ridiculous. We're debt free except for the mortgage and have no credit cards. I never expected that to lower my credit score, but it did. It's absurd, and is absolutely set up to keep people in the bondage of debt.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Watching the video of the Adam Toledo shooting, I think you'll see in that video what you're expecting to see. If you expect to see a cop using excessive force on an unarmed person with his hands up, that's what you'll see. By the time the shot was fired, Toledo's hands were up and he didn't have a gun in them.

Conversely, if you want to see a cop just trying to do his job, you see a cop chasing someone who had a gun and who then turns around and starts lifting his hands in a way that could have been pulling out a gun. The cop then reacted.

Sometimes the difference between a justified shooting and excessive force is razor thin. If the cop had waited a split second to pull the trigger, he'd have seen that Toldeo was raising his hands. However, if Toledo was turning and pulling out a gun, a split second could have cost the officer his life.

I think the prosecutor was right to not charge the officer here. I would have a hard time convicting based on the video.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-sup...ity&soc_trk=tw

Amid the disturbing rise in attacks on Asian Americans since March 2020 is a troubling category of these assaults: Black people are also attacking Asian Americans.

White people are the main perpetrators of anti-Asian racism. But in February 2021, a Black person pushed an elderly Asian man to the ground in San Francisco; the man later died from his injuries. In another video, from New York City on March 29, 2021, a Black person pushes and beats an Asian American woman on the sidewalk in front of a doorway while onlookers observe the attack, then close their door on the woman without intervening or providing aid.

As the current president of the Association for Asian American Studies and as an ethnic studies and critical race studies professor who specializes in Asian American culture, I wanted to address the climate of anti-Asian racism I was seeing at the start of the pandemic. So in April 2020, I created a PowerPoint slide deck about anti-Asian racism that my employer, the University of Colorado Boulder, turned into a website. That led to approximately 50 interviews, workshops, talks and panel presentations that I’ve done on anti-Asian racism, specifically in the time of COVID-19.

The point I’ve made through all of those experiences is that anti-Asian racism has the same source as anti-Black racism: white supremacy. So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

————————

LMAO

7. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (04-16-2021)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-sup...ity&soc_trk=tw

Amid the disturbing rise in attacks on Asian Americans since March 2020 is a troubling category of these assaults: Black people are also attacking Asian Americans.

White people are the main perpetrators of anti-Asian racism. But in February 2021, a Black person pushed an elderly Asian man to the ground in San Francisco; the man later died from his injuries. In another video, from New York City on March 29, 2021, a Black person pushes and beats an Asian American woman on the sidewalk in front of a doorway while onlookers observe the attack, then close their door on the woman without intervening or providing aid.

As the current president of the Association for Asian American Studies and as an ethnic studies and critical race studies professor who specializes in Asian American culture, I wanted to address the climate of anti-Asian racism I was seeing at the start of the pandemic. So in April 2020, I created a PowerPoint slide deck about anti-Asian racism that my employer, the University of Colorado Boulder, turned into a website. That led to approximately 50 interviews, workshops, talks and panel presentations that I’ve done on anti-Asian racism, specifically in the time of COVID-19.

The point I’ve made through all of those experiences is that anti-Asian racism has the same source as anti-Black racism: white supremacy. So when a Black person attacks an Asian person, the encounter is fueled perhaps by racism, but very specifically by white supremacy. White supremacy does not require a white person to perpetuate it.

————————

LMAO
    It just seems like they are seeing how far they can get the useful idiots to go along with the parody

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Great advertisement for the “college should be free for everyone!” crowd

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    For the record, I completely agree. I think the same is true of pre paid services like cell phone plans. Didn't the person show financial responsibility in choosing a plan they knew they had to pay in advance?

And of course the fact that lack of debt hurts credit scores is ridiculous. We're debt free except for the mortgage and have no credit cards. I never expected that to lower my credit score, but it did. It's absurd, and is absolutely set up to keep people in the bondage of debt.
    It is weird but your credit score is all about knowing the rules. Once you know it's easy to play the game and get a good score.

That is something that should definitely be taught in schools.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Runnin (04-16-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    It is weird but your credit score is all about knowing the rules. Once you know it's easy to play the game and get a good score.

Kids could go home and teach their parents.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post

Yeah, I figured that out and I'm in the position where I can manipulate it if I need to at some point, but the only thing I could see us financing is another house.

It isn't that easy for people with lesser means. Bad credit begets bad rates begets missed payments, on and on.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,784 Posts
    Its crazy that this is the new normal... and half the country just seem fine with it bc they are woke signaling

I believe tapate said insurance will stop covering riots and I can't find a reason why he'd be wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Its crazy that this is the new normal... and half the country just seem fine with it bc they are woke signaling

I believe tapate said insurance will stop covering riots and I can't find a reason why he'd be wrong

Anytime there are multiple instances of the same claim scenario occurring they take hard notice. If one of them excludes it they’d all follow suit. Question is if one had the balls to do it. No question, some of these stores will get non renewed for claims they had no part in and it’s gonna hurt their pocket book pretty damn hard
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Anytime there are multiple instances of the same claim scenario occurring they take hard notice. If one of them excludes it they’d all follow suit. Question is if one had the balls to do it. No question, some of these stores will get non renewed for claims they had no part in and it’s gonna hurt their pocket book pretty damn hard
    The war on small business and poor people continues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,784 Posts
    Gotta love this reporter openly cheering for a justification to riot. People on the left who still not insane need to wake up and see what is happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Jaslyn Adams murder is gonna be trumped by the George Floyd trial and that’s sad.

Pretty much only a wild animal shoots a child like that. They deserve whatever’s beyond the death penalty
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Jaslyn Adams murder is gonna be trumped by the George Floyd trial and that’s sad.

Pretty much only a wild animal shoots a child like that. They deserve whatever’s beyond the death penalty
    It's a damned shame. I don't care if her father was truly the worst person around. No child deserves to be executed. What's going to suck is when they catch these scumbags, they probably targetted the wrong person or decided to end someone's life for a bad reason (like he ****ed one of their girls) and I hope they are thrown deep into jail and never see the free world again.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Without the trial, no one will talk about it. 7 year olds getting shot in the inner cities happens all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,784 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Magnificent
    Go get him!