Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OG AG - William Barr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts

OG AG - William Barr

The scandals are starting to pile up for the OG AG so I figured I would make it it's own thread.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ly/3235860001/

Prosecutor from Stone case to testify today that there was significant political interference by Barr in the Roger Stone case. Barr had to appoint a lackey to the case because all the prosecutors who worked on the case resigned rather than change the sentencing recommendation.

The firing of SDNY US Attorney Berman is also being investigated. From what I understand at this point they tried to appoint a lackey to the position who has never worked as a prosecutor but after realizing he probably wont be confirmed by the Senate they conceded to allow Berman's deputy to fill the position and Berman officially resigned.

A whistleblower at the DoJ has come forward accusing Barr of pursuing antitrust investigations of low and mid level marijuana companies because he doesnt like the industry. This is said to provide a large burden on those companies as a form of harassment.

That's just from the last few days.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts

Something fishy going on in the DoJ. Also, Lindsey Graham wants to show us something weird. Democrats should be name dropping Lady G every chance they get.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts

First witness going in on Barr.

"I was privelged to serve in the Department of Justice under 1 Democrat and 2 Republican Presidents and I am here because I believe William Barr poses the greatest threat in my lifetime to the rule of law......"

First line of his opening statement.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Trying to give Stone the time of someone who committed a violent crime was BS. I'm glad Barr did the right thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    wow this hearing is devolving quickly. Republicans tried to stop the hearing by technicality saying the subpoena doesnt allow remote testimony. Now Corker is tapping something to try and drown out the witness.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Trying to give Stone the time of someone who committed a violent crime was BS. I'm glad Barr did the right thing.

thats for the defense to argue. AG Sessions specifically sent a memo to all federal prosecutors telling them to seek the most serious charges they could prove and to seek maximum prison sentences. The charges were obviously provable since the jury convicted him on all charges with little deliberation.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    wow 29% of investigations by the DoJ antirust division was on low and mid level merger of marijuana companies. Although no evidence of wrongdoing was found most of the mergers fell through citing delays in regulatory approval......

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    thats for the defense to argue. AG Sessions specifically sent a memo to all federal prosecutors telling them to seek the most serious charges they could prove and to seek maximum prison sentences. The charges were obviously provable since the jury convicted him on all charges with little deliberation.
    The same FBI that went after Flynn went after Trump and his associates. I just don't know how more proof you need to realize that the FBI investigations during this time don't mean squat.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    I dont know what you want me to do. Its the judges that disagree with you. I am just an observer. When a judge or jury finds Flynn innocent then I will accept it. A political appointee who has shown extreme bias in favor of Trump ordering charges dropped does nothing to prove Flynn's innocence.

It’s over."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-24-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    I dont know what you want me to do. Its the judges that disagree with you. I am just an observer. When a judge or jury finds Flynn innocent then I will accept it. A political appointee who has shown extreme bias in favor of Trump ordering charges dropped does nothing to prove Flynn's innocence.
    Start following facts, man. That's what I want. The appellate court knocked this down. Are they in favor of Trump too? They mentioned the actions of the FBI too(as did the FISA court). Are they in cahoots like South Korea is?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Lol
    lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    Start following facts, man. That's what I want. The appellate court knocked this down. Are they in favor of Trump too? They mentioned the actions of the FBI too(as did the FISA court). Are they in cahoots like South Korea is?

I havent read the decision yet. They only ruled on whether the Judge could proceed or had to dismiss the case. Lets see what happens by this time next year. If he gets charged he can raise all those issues in front of a new judge and a jury of his peers. I am willing to accept the results of that trial. If it happens. How about you?

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    I havent read the decision yet. They only ruled on whether the Judge could proceed or had to dismiss the case. Lets see what happens by this time next year. If he gets charged he can raise all those issues in front of a new judge and a jury of his peers. I am willing to accept the results of that trial. If it happens. How about you?
    If the evidence is there that he did something wrong in regards to Turkey then I don't have a problem. If he's railroaded like he was done in this case then I won't accept it.

Edit-I personally don't believe he did anything wrong in Turkey but let's see.
    Last edited by Garmel; 06-24-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    "The benefits of increased incarceration would be enjoyed disproportionately by black Americans"

William Barr

I just discovered Barr wrote a report in 1992 entitled "The case for more incarceration". Gonna have to look that one up.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    If the evidence is there that he did something wrong in regards to Turkey then I don't have a problem. If he's railroaded like he was done in this case then I won't accept it.

Edit-I personally don't believe he did anything wrong in Turkey but let's see.

I dont see why I have to take anything you say seriously about Flynn if you will only accept the outcome you want. 3 witnesses testified about politically driven investigations launched by Bill Barr including one that was a US Attorney under Reagan and you no sold that. Almost everything Trump does is politically driven and has multiple times called for people to be locked up or investigated for politically motivated reasons. There are clearly 2 sides here. I see one side being overwhelmingly cooperative with investigations without anyone being charged with a crime and the other side obstructing and not cooperating every chance they get with multiple people convicted. I dont like Comey, Biden, obama etc, I would celebrate like crazy if any of those was going to prison, but its clear who the good guys are here and who the criminals are.

It’s over."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,324 Posts
    I dont see why I have to take anything you say seriously about Flynn if you will only accept the outcome you want. 3 witnesses testified about politically driven investigations launched by Bill Barr including one that was a US Attorney under Reagan and you no sold that. Almost everything Trump does is politically driven and has multiple times called for people to be locked up or investigated for politically motivated reasons. There are clearly 2 sides here. I see one side being overwhelmingly cooperative with investigations without anyone being charged with a crime and the other side obstructing and not cooperating every chance they get with multiple people convicted. I dont like Comey, Biden, obama etc, I would celebrate like crazy if any of those was going to prison, but its clear who the good guys are here and who the criminals are.
    Flynn was railroaded. If you can't figure that out by now I can't help you. Just how much prosecutorial misconduct do you need to figure this out? Three political witnesses who want to continue to go after people they don't like. Barr isn't the bad guy here. The DOJ has been corrupt since Holder got his mitts on it. Barr is doing some cleaning and people are worried.
    Last edited by Garmel; 06-25-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    Like I tell thethe, when there is an indictment of any of these people you claim committed prosecutorial misconduct I will take it seriously. I think thats pretty fair considering the current AG clearly agrees with you so there is no excuse for charges not being brought. You claim its clear as could be but Durham has been investigating for how long now? I hear he is a pretty good investigator. Maybe you think he has just found so much criminality that its taking him this long because of the volume of indictments coming. You wont accept 2 confessions under oath and a conviction as proof but I am supposed to care about **** that cant even get passed a grand jury.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/barr-r...ens-conviction

One of the first things OG AG did when he got into office was to order DoJ officials to write a memo casting doubt on the conviction of Michael Cohen. They refused.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-for-ag-report

Let me see if I have this timeline right. Barr writes a memo and texts it to Rod Rosenstein which basically goes over his legal theory that the president is above the law. Trump offers Barr the job as his personal lawyer in the Russia Investigation. Barr declines. Trump nominates Barr to be AG. Barr gets confirmed by Republican controlled Senate. Barr immediately tries to undermine the Michael Cohen case which really is the greatest threat to Trump once out of office.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...mueller-probe/

OG AG refusing to release memo that outlines the rationale for not charging Trump with obstruction. In thethe logic this means they are trying to hide something. Oh wait, this isnt a Democrat. So fake news, nothing to see here.

It’s over."