Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let’s project an opening day line up

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    This team becomes incredibly right-handed quickly when you remove Freddie and Markakis from the equation.

If Freddie misses significant time, Snitker's not likely going to be able to keep Acuna at the top - probably going to have to go Ozzie/Dansby or Dansby/Ozzie.

Quite possibly accelerates Waters' timeline.
    Last edited by clvclv; 07-06-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    that isn't ideal
    That lineup is worse than COVID and white supremacy combined.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-06-2020)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    IMO, Duvall is a prime to Opt Out. His medical status dictates that he Opt Out.

I look for the Braves to add a FA to help cover the OF/1B rather than start Pache or Waters clock.
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salmagundy For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-06-2020), Skeeter31 (07-06-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OcalaBrave View Post
    As a 22 year old rookie he had a .226 BA, but a .471 SLG. Can we agree he wasn't getting 2b and HR on sliders in the dirt? If he isn't getting himself out on swings out of the zone, I'll take my chances with what he gets in the zone.
    Then you'd be wrong. Riley was missing plenty of pitches in the zone, even when he was going well. His Z-Contact% of 73.7% ranked #318 out of 320 MLB hitters with 250+ PAs in 2019. He was quite literally one of the absolute worst players at making contact at the MLB level.

Every good thing that happened for Riley at the MLB level last year was small sample size luck, and I identified it as luck while it was happening. Until he makes adjustments that allow him to make more contact, he is not going to be a MLB caliber hitter at a corner position. The good news is that he is young and has somewhat of a track record of making similar adjustments, so there is still a decent chance he turns into the "RHH Jake Lamb" he's been projected to become all along.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-07-2020 at 01:00 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-07-2020), Super (07-09-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    IMO, Duvall is a prime to Opt Out. His medical status dictates that he Opt Out.

I look for the Braves to add a FA to help cover the OF/1B rather than start Pache or Waters clock.
    You have to wonder why he hasn't done so already then. The season starts in a little over 2 weeks, players have been in camp for awhile now, and to date only 8 players have opted out (including one player who was a free agent). All of the players who have opted out so far are in there early to mid 30's, except for Joe Ross whose brother Tyson Ross is and opted out.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    This team becomes incredibly right-handed quickly when you remove Freddie and Markakis from the equation.

If Freddie misses significant time, Snitker's not likely going to be able to keep Acuna at the top - probably going to have to go Ozzie/Dansby or Dansby/Ozzie.

Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

So what something more like let’s say

Swanson SS
    Acuna RF
    Albies 2B
    Ozuna DH
    Camargo 3B
    Alonso 1B
    d’Arnuard/Flowers C
    Riley LF
    Inciarte CF

A quick glance at Alonso’s numbers suggest he was unlucky last year and could be a good rebound candidate. Best case is still pretty meh though. I don’t see any way they keep the kids down longer than the week. At worst they can platoon with Inciarte and Riley. We’d always have an elite defender in CF.

Let’s see the lineup with the kids

Swanson SS
    Acuna RF
    Albies 2B
    Ozuna DH
    Camargo 3B
    d’Arnuard/Flowers C
    Alonso 1B
    Waters/Riley LF
    Inciarte/Pache CF

Who knows what the offense will look like but the defense should be excellent. Lots of potential upside. Lots of opportunities for the best man to play.