5,791 Posts
    They are almost TOO tolerant . #lovetrumpshate

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I'm holding out hope that the push back against the insane left permeates even through the leftist ****hole strongholds of NYC/LA/SF.

I'm probably going to be wrong about that.
    My advice to you is to get your kid out of there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    My advice to you is to get your kid out of there
    I'm in nassau county which went red in November and is trending even moreso now so I'm fortunate. But since my boy is a little over a year I have some time to asses and figure out where I'll be planting my roots.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Yeah, you go government, punish those companies for what they say!
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

goldfly (06-21-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    The democratic party is so lucky to have the stoic informed highly educated voters

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    911 Posts
    https://www.npr.org/2022/06/14/11049...ticism-ableism

When singer-songwriter Lizzo's new single, "Grrrls," sparked a heated online discussion over the weekend about ableist language, Black disabled activist Vilissa Thompson noticed that the conversations were dominated by certain people within the disability community.

White disabled people in the U.S. and the U.K. were calling out the singer for using the word "spaz," which many consider an ableist slur. Buried among these critiques, however, was the perspective of Black disabled people, who raised points about the need for cultural nuance and an intersectional lens to the situation.

"The erasure of Black disabled people, when it comes to a Black entertainer, has been very prominent throughout this whole thing," Thompson, a licensed master social worker, told NPR.

The term "spaz" originates from the term "spastic," which has historically been used to describe people with spastic paralysis or cerebral palsy. Often used in a derogatory way to describe people with disabilities, "spaz" or "spaz out" has also been used to refer to someone losing physical control or simply acting "weird" or "uncool."

In online conversations, white disabled people in the U.S. and the U.K were speaking about their experiences with the word. Meanwhile, Black people in the U.S. and the U.K. pointed out how the word, which some say is a part of African American Vernacular English, is used differently by Black people within their countries. Thompson wished there were an amplification of Black disabled people who understand the nuances of those who use the word and those who are reclaiming it.

Thompson believes that the way people go about critiquing others is very important. In reading the discussions online, she said she noticed they perpetuated anti-Blackness and misogynoir, or misogyny directed at Black women.

She noted that rather than fostering an open dialogue about ableist language and engaging in a conversation with Lizzo about it, the critiques piled on and missed the mark.

"I was shocked but not surprised by the way that white disabled people, especially those who claim to be in solidarity with Black disabled people, engaged in the conversation. You are not in solidarity with us if your behavior during this time in addressing Lizzo can be read as problematic [and] offensive," Thompson said.

Criticism is much harsher for Black people with high profiles, particularly if they are not disabled and stumble when it comes to disability and language, Thompson added. For example, when white musicians use ableist language in their songs, they may receive some backlash but not the same visceral reaction that Black people do, Thompson said.

"I'm always particular about how white people and non-Black people of color engage with Black women who look a certain way. [Lizzo is] unintentionally a polarizing figure ... because she has the audacity to be comfortable in her skin as a fat Black woman. If she does something that people don't like, the pile-ons feel exacerbated, and at times unnecessarily, when it comes to her," she said.

Lizzo released a statement on Monday acknowledging the "harmful word" in her song and announcing a rerecorded version of the song without the slur in it. "I never want to promote derogatory language. As a fat black woman in America, I've had many hurtful words used against me so I overstand the power words can have (whether intentionally or in my case, unintentionally)," she wrote in her statement.

Having done work in Black progressive spaces, Thompson has seen Black people who are not versed in disability but who actively work to do better. They know the importance of understanding when they've messed up and being inclusive to everybody, she said.

"Grace and room for correction are typically not given [to Black people]. The double standard of inconsistent reactions is profound. They don't trust Black people to do the right thing," she said.

——————

This made me actually LOL a couple of times

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    911 Posts
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/bees-ar...nion_lead_pos5

A friend recently told me he asked the management at a vegan restaurant why they didn’t have honey on the menu. “It’s from an animal, so it’s not vegan,” he was told. He tried to explain that honey isn’t part of a bee but instead nectar that bees carry back to a hive, mix with enzymes, heat, dehydrate . . . Exasperated, he finally said, “It’s bee barf!” (It’s not, but it isn’t prime rib either.) He didn’t win the argument.

I mention this because last month a California court ruled that bumblebees are actually fish and can be protected by the California Endangered Species Act. This is as silly as the Environmental Protection Agency trying to define puddles and drainage ditches as “navigable waters.” Yes, they were saying that a puddle should be regulated like a lake or river. Even before this, the Army Corps of Engineers had a “glancing geese” test, meaning if a migratory bird ever looked at a wet spot, that spot was under federal jurisdiction.

In June 2020, in the middle of coronavirus lockdowns, tens of thousands marched in American cities in protest of the police. In the protesters’ defense, 1,200 health and medical professionals signed a letter “in response to emerging narratives that seemed to malign demonstrations as risky for the public health because of Covid-19.” It went on: “Instead, we wanted to present a narrative that prioritizes opposition to racism as vital to the public health, including the epidemic response.” Ah, the narrative. How have the signers not been summarily fired and barred from the healthcare industry? We know why: If a bee is a fish, then protests provide immunity.

This is the world we live in today. Who actually believes this stuff? George Orwell said it best in his 1945 “Notes on Nationalism”: “One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that: no ordinary man could be such a fool.” Bertrand Russell had a similarly great line: “This is one of those views which are so absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them.”

It wasn’t only protests. I spent the week after Memorial Day 2020 flipping between CNN and Fox News. I watched Chicago Lake Liquors in Minneapolis repeatedly looted—even the safe was dragged out. I watched rioters throw rocks at police protecting the White House behind flimsy fences. I watched cars on fire in Manhattan and luxury stores with smashed windows and a line of looters stealing goods. In August 2020, CNN famously called protests in Kenosha, Wis., “mostly peaceful” as flames from riots raged behind the reporter. Even my own lyin’ eyes could see it. I must not be part of the learned intelligentsia, who believe that if a puddle is a river, then riots are peaceful.

Remember the “infrastructure bill” full of social programs? Seventeen Nobel Prize-winning economists—their names are here—wrote a letter in September 2021 insisting that government spending “will ease longer-term inflationary pressures.” I remembered that as I filled my car with $6.99-a-gallon gas last week.

Maybe the intent is to change the subject. Last week President Biden told Californians, “I’m doing everything in my power to blunt Putin’s price hike and bring down the cost of gas and food.” Never mind that prices were already rising before Russia invaded Ukraine. Mr. Biden also told the United Nations COP26 climate conference in November that climate change is “an existential threat to human existence as we know it.” Really? Never trust those pushing narratives that conflict with the truth.

Another example: A New York Times columnist last week, speaking of the Jan. 6 Committee, wrote, “Most political theater is tedious and partisan. Cheap meat for a hungry base. But there are times when these theatrics can serve a real purpose for the public at large.” To paraphrase his thoughts: Spectacles are useful, whether they are true or not. Anyone arguing his point will be flagged on social media for misinformation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/bees-ar...nion_lead_pos5

A friend recently told me he asked the management at a vegan restaurant why they didn’t have honey on the menu. “It’s from an animal, so it’s not vegan,” he was told. He tried to explain that honey isn’t part of a bee but instead nectar that bees carry back to a hive, mix with enzymes, heat, dehydrate . . . Exasperated, he finally said, “It’s bee barf!” (It’s not, but it isn’t prime rib either.) He didn’t win the argument.

I mention this because last month a California court ruled that bumblebees are actually fish and can be protected by the California Endangered Species Act. This is as silly as the Environmental Protection Agency trying to define puddles and drainage ditches as “navigable waters.” Yes, they were saying that a puddle should be regulated like a lake or river. Even before this, the Army Corps of Engineers had a “glancing geese” test, meaning if a migratory bird ever looked at a wet spot, that spot was under federal jurisdiction.

In June 2020, in the middle of coronavirus lockdowns, tens of thousands marched in American cities in protest of the police. In the protesters’ defense, 1,200 health and medical professionals signed a letter “in response to emerging narratives that seemed to malign demonstrations as risky for the public health because of Covid-19.” It went on: “Instead, we wanted to present a narrative that prioritizes opposition to racism as vital to the public health, including the epidemic response.” Ah, the narrative. How have the signers not been summarily fired and barred from the healthcare industry? We know why: If a bee is a fish, then protests provide immunity.

This is the world we live in today. Who actually believes this stuff? George Orwell said it best in his 1945 “Notes on Nationalism”: “One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that: no ordinary man could be such a fool.” Bertrand Russell had a similarly great line: “This is one of those views which are so absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them.”

It wasn’t only protests. I spent the week after Memorial Day 2020 flipping between CNN and Fox News. I watched Chicago Lake Liquors in Minneapolis repeatedly looted—even the safe was dragged out. I watched rioters throw rocks at police protecting the White House behind flimsy fences. I watched cars on fire in Manhattan and luxury stores with smashed windows and a line of looters stealing goods. In August 2020, CNN famously called protests in Kenosha, Wis., “mostly peaceful” as flames from riots raged behind the reporter. Even my own lyin’ eyes could see it. I must not be part of the learned intelligentsia, who believe that if a puddle is a river, then riots are peaceful.

Remember the “infrastructure bill” full of social programs? Seventeen Nobel Prize-winning economists—their names are here—wrote a letter in September 2021 insisting that government spending “will ease longer-term inflationary pressures.” I remembered that as I filled my car with $6.99-a-gallon gas last week.

Maybe the intent is to change the subject. Last week President Biden told Californians, “I’m doing everything in my power to blunt Putin’s price hike and bring down the cost of gas and food.” Never mind that prices were already rising before Russia invaded Ukraine. Mr. Biden also told the United Nations COP26 climate conference in November that climate change is “an existential threat to human existence as we know it.” Really? Never trust those pushing narratives that conflict with the truth.

Another example: A New York Times columnist last week, speaking of the Jan. 6 Committee, wrote, “Most political theater is tedious and partisan. Cheap meat for a hungry base. But there are times when these theatrics can serve a real purpose for the public at large.” To paraphrase his thoughts: Spectacles are useful, whether they are true or not. Anyone arguing his point will be flagged on social media for misinformation.

I don't think there is any group of people who have lost credibility and seriousness the academics and experts.

The elite universities are.usepess now... They produce communists who believe men are women and bees are fish, and those communists are the ones hired to lead every institution in the country

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "The elite universities are.usepess now... "

maybe not so muxh
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    The person who takes the time to point out typos from a phone is a perfect illustration of the uselessness of the academic class

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (06-20-2022), Tapate50 (06-20-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    WAPO upset that two children aren't dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So when is the FBI going to treat Janes Revenge like Proud Boys or MAGA Grandmas?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    How many examples of this insanity need to be exposed before leftists see what their side has become?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    How many examples of this insanity need to be exposed before leftists see what their side has become?

They prey on kids that get picked on by making them feel a part of something despite not actually being LBGTQ at all.

Its a sick disgusting groomer operation and those that contribute should be prosecuted as pedophiles.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,791 Posts
    State funded terrorism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The loser leftists are not going to like the true pushback that is about to happen globally for the next ten years.
    Natural Immunity Croc