Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 5231

Thread: TLHLIM

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I would assume elected positions work differently but yes, that is racisim. I can only imagine the ****storm if someone promised to appoint a straight white man.
    A rational person lives!

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Lol minorities are systemically oppressed for... walking outside

Lol man you are dumb
    Is that what I said? Did you read the article? ffs

I scrolled one post up to make sure about what I said

Now after reading it

As suspected

It doesn’t in anyway say hiking is racist

I’m shocked

Good article about some organizations promoting some cool stuff though for people that aren’t usually involved in this activities though
    Yep, didn’t say that

It’s liegitmately not worth interacting with you cause of how pathetic you are/have become. You freak out to any single thing and don’t do any research or read what freaked you out.

If it doesn’t fit in your bubble, every single person is wrong in your view.

That article is literally in no way controversial or pushes an idea that hiking is racist and yet here you are

Multiple posts saying that. Lol

And making up quotes insinuating I said something.
    Last edited by goldfly; 03-15-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    The first sentence in the article

"Longtime oppression and historical barriers have kept many people of color from feeling comfortable in the American outdoors."

What is the oppression and barriers of... walking outside?

Does it ever occur to these writers that maybe POC just have different interests?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Let me guess, you think swimming is just something black people don’t like either and isn’t literally attached to years of blocking them or throwing bleach in a pool etc etc

The history of this country affects very simple things to large groups of people that don’t look like you

Yes, there are some things some demographics don’t want to do. That article is talking about trying to open up something that some like to a wider base

It still doesn’t say hiking is racist no matter how much you try to want to believe that
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    A clear thinking individual could not read this sentence as anything other than insanity

"Longtime oppression and historical barriers have kept many people of color from feeling comfortable in the American outdoors."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Cool

That article is rather long and you stuck on that uncontroversial and historical statement lol

You really are devoid of thinking I recognizing anything different than you’re preset belief

That you think that is somehow an insane says a lot about you lol

But hey, I look forward to your next fake outrage over something that isn’t controversial at all

You really upset about an article that is about trying to bring more people into hiking. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    It's a sad part of our history that places like beaches and national parks have often excluded African Americans. This is not the case today, but that doesn't mean there are not more subtle signals that work to make them feel that they don't belong in various places and activities. Projects that work to make all people feel welcome are a good idea in light of this history. In particular, the people who end up loving the outdoors often have experiences when they are young that introduce them to those kinds of activities. If African Americans are underrepresented in those kinds of youth activities, we SHOULD ask why and see if we can reach out and encourage them to join.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    And all of those historical things lead to people mentioned in that article not being into those things

Like, the person today was raised by someone that possibly never brought that as an option to go do cause they were not welcome

Thus creating the scenario

This takes admitting past actions and policies affect today though. So, I won’t hold my breath on said person admitting anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Lol. Absolutely ****ing absurd

TLHLIM
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    We will never be able to move forward bc yall can't stop looking backward.

If walking outside is systemic racism then there's no hope.

Meanwhile, yall see progress as Columbia University holding 6 graduations based on race and Governor Newsome pledging to not hire any white person for an open position

TLHLIM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Taking into account what happened in the past can help us move forward in a more constructive manner.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No minorities are staying away from national parks because of something horrible that happened 50/100/200 years ago.

The people that think this aren’t serious and are looking for excuses because they have no clue how to actually solve the underlying issues.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    No minorities are staying away from national parks because of something horrible that happened 50/100/200 years ago.

The people that think this aren’t serious and are looking for excuses because they have no clue how to actually solve the underlying issues.
    But they can sell books and command lucrative corporate consulting and speaking fees

(I.e, they dont want to solve this problem)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    The progress is truly awe-inspiring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    The outrage!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Of course it can affect it

If 50 years ago certain people were being harassed/targeted/killed/arrested for doing something

Those certain people will stop doing that and then raise children that don’t do that and so one and so forth

This is truly eye opening that the 2 smart people don’t understand how years of racism still affects this country and people’s actions today

It’s like you have the ball at the one yard line and can figure it out but we all know y’all are gonna fumble the snap and not score

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    You have no desire to confront the past to actually move forward

The article still doesn’t say hiking is racist btw lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    What can we as a society do to break down the structural barriers to POC to hiking?

My thought is to say "hiking is fun. All are welcome"

Your thought is to...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    The article that you lost your **** claiming that hiking is racist is literally what your question is about

For **** sake, read what you post and outrage about hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    I asked you, goldy, what goldy thinks we should do to remove these structural racist barriers to walking outside