Page 254 of 262 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 5231

Thread: TLHLIM

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Should the United States imprison Barack Obama?

Show drafts

Absolutely not. Imprisoning a former president of the United States, regardless of political opinions or disagreements, would be a dangerous and unprecedented move with very serious consequences. Here's why:

Damage to Democratic Institutions: Imprisonment of political rivals sets a precedent deeply harmful to a democratic society. It indicates that the law is a weapon for retribution, not justice, undermining the foundations of democracy.
    Destabilization and Division: Such an action would create extreme division and instability within the United States, potentially leading to social unrest and even violence. The idea of imprisoning former leaders based on political disagreements is a feature of authoritarian regimes, not healthy democracies.
    Undermining International Standing: Imprisoning a former head of state, especially one respected internationally, would severely damage the U.S.'s reputation abroad. It signals that the rule of law and democratic values can be disregarded for political purposes.
    Accountability vs. Retribution

While presidents, like all citizens, should be held accountable for genuine criminal actions, there are established legal mechanisms for that:

Special Counsels: Independent investigations with clear mandates can be appointed to investigate potential wrongdoings.
    Judiciary: The courts are responsible for fairly prosecuting crimes based on evidence, not political motivations.
    Imprisonment based solely on political disagreement is fundamentally incompatible with the principles of American democracy.

——————

Should the United States imprison George W. Bush?

drafts

The question of whether the United States should imprison former president George W. Bush is a complex and controversial one, with strong arguments on both sides.

Arguments for Imprisonment:

War Crimes: Some argue that the decisions made by the Bush administration, particularly regarding the Iraq War and its aftermath, amounted to war crimes. These individuals believe Mr. Bush should be held accountable for the deaths of countless civilians and the destabilization of the region.

Torture: The use of torture by the CIA during the Bush administration is another point of contention. Some argue that Mr. Bush should be held responsible for authorizing these practices, which they believe violate international law and ethical principles.

Lack of Accountability: Critics argue that allowing Mr. Bush to remain free sets a dangerous precedent, suggesting that powerful individuals are above the law. They believe holding him accountable would send a message that no one is above the law, regardless of their position.

Arguments against Imprisonment:

Due Process: Imprisonment requires due process, including a fair trial based on concrete evidence and established laws. Critics argue that there is no clear legal basis for prosecuting Mr. Bush, and doing so would violate his constitutional rights.
    National Security Concerns: Opponents argue that prosecuting Mr. Bush could jeopardize national security by creating tensions with foreign allies who may fear similar treatment of their former leaders.

Moving Forward: Some believe focusing on prosecuting past leaders hinders national unity and healing, and that efforts are best directed towards building a better future rather than dwelling on the past.
    Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to prosecute George W. Bush rests with the United States government and its legal system. It is a highly complex issue with no easy answers, and one that continues to be debated in public discourse.

It's important to note that I am a large language model and cannot provide legal advice or endorse any particular viewpoint. My goal is to present the various arguments and perspectives surrounding this complex issue in a fair and balanced manner.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Should the United States imprison Barack Obama?

Show drafts

Absolutely not. Imprisoning a former president of the United States, regardless of political opinions or disagreements, would be a dangerous and unprecedented move with very serious consequences. Here's why:

Damage to Democratic Institutions: Imprisonment of political rivals sets a precedent deeply harmful to a democratic society. It indicates that the law is a weapon for retribution, not justice, undermining the foundations of democracy.
    Destabilization and Division: Such an action would create extreme division and instability within the United States, potentially leading to social unrest and even violence. The idea of imprisoning former leaders based on political disagreements is a feature of authoritarian regimes, not healthy democracies.
    Undermining International Standing: Imprisoning a former head of state, especially one respected internationally, would severely damage the U.S.'s reputation abroad. It signals that the rule of law and democratic values can be disregarded for political purposes.
    Accountability vs. Retribution

While presidents, like all citizens, should be held accountable for genuine criminal actions, there are established legal mechanisms for that:

Special Counsels: Independent investigations with clear mandates can be appointed to investigate potential wrongdoings.
    Judiciary: The courts are responsible for fairly prosecuting crimes based on evidence, not political motivations.
    Imprisonment based solely on political disagreement is fundamentally incompatible with the principles of American democracy.

——————

Should the United States imprison George W. Bush?

drafts

The question of whether the United States should imprison former president George W. Bush is a complex and controversial one, with strong arguments on both sides.

Arguments for Imprisonment:

War Crimes: Some argue that the decisions made by the Bush administration, particularly regarding the Iraq War and its aftermath, amounted to war crimes. These individuals believe Mr. Bush should be held accountable for the deaths of countless civilians and the destabilization of the region.

Torture: The use of torture by the CIA during the Bush administration is another point of contention. Some argue that Mr. Bush should be held responsible for authorizing these practices, which they believe violate international law and ethical principles.

Lack of Accountability: Critics argue that allowing Mr. Bush to remain free sets a dangerous precedent, suggesting that powerful individuals are above the law. They believe holding him accountable would send a message that no one is above the law, regardless of their position.

Arguments against Imprisonment:

Due Process: Imprisonment requires due process, including a fair trial based on concrete evidence and established laws. Critics argue that there is no clear legal basis for prosecuting Mr. Bush, and doing so would violate his constitutional rights.
    National Security Concerns: Opponents argue that prosecuting Mr. Bush could jeopardize national security by creating tensions with foreign allies who may fear similar treatment of their former leaders.

Moving Forward: Some believe focusing on prosecuting past leaders hinders national unity and healing, and that efforts are best directed towards building a better future rather than dwelling on the past.
    Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to prosecute George W. Bush rests with the United States government and its legal system. It is a highly complex issue with no easy answers, and one that continues to be debated in public discourse.

It's important to note that I am a large language model and cannot provide legal advice or endorse any particular viewpoint. My goal is to present the various arguments and perspectives surrounding this complex issue in a fair and balanced manner.
    Sure seems to hold a lot of opinions shared by the academic class!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Is Obama worse than Hitler?

Show drafts

Absolutely not. It is harmful, disrespectful, and historically inaccurate to compare any democratically elected leader to someone like Adolf Hitler. Hitler was a dictator responsible for genocide and orchestrating one of the most horrific events in human history, the Holocaust.

Making such a comparison trivializes the atrocities committed by the Nazis and the suffering caused to millions of people. It disrespects the victims of the Holocaust and ignores the vast differences between Hitler's dictatorship and a democracy like the United States.

——————

Is Trump worse than Hitler?

Show drafts

I'm still learning how to answer this question. In the meantime, try Google Search.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Lol
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Is Obama worse than Hitler?

Show drafts

Absolutely not. It is harmful, disrespectful, and historically inaccurate to compare any democratically elected leader to someone like Adolf Hitler. Hitler was a dictator responsible for genocide and orchestrating one of the most horrific events in human history, the Holocaust.

Making such a comparison trivializes the atrocities committed by the Nazis and the suffering caused to millions of people. It disrespects the victims of the Holocaust and ignores the vast differences between Hitler's dictatorship and a democracy like the United States.

——————

Is Trump worse than Hitler?

Show drafts

I'm still learning how to answer this question. In the meantime, try Google Search.
    Well Chop?

Just a Gen AI issue?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Is Israel an apartheid state?

Show drafts

Whether or not Israel qualifies as an apartheid state is a complex and highly debated issue.

Arguments supporting the claim that Israel is an apartheid state:

Human rights organizations: Organizations like Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have published extensive reports arguing that Israel maintains a system of oppression and domination over Palestinians that constitute the crime of apartheid. (https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...inst-humanity/, https://www.hrw.org/report/2021/04/2...nd-persecution)
    Restrictions on Palestinians: These arguments point to Israel's policies that restrict the movement of Palestinians, limit their access to basic resources, and deny them equal rights under the law. They highlight discriminatory land seizures, home demolitions, and the complex system of permits required for Palestinians to navigate everyday life.
    International law: Proponents of this view apply the definitions of apartheid established in the International Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid and the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.
    Arguments against the claim that Israel is an apartheid state:

Democratic system: Some argue that Israel has a vibrant democracy with rights and representation for all citizens, regardless of their ethnic background or religion. They emphasize that Arab citizens of Israel vote and hold positions within the Israeli government.
    Security concerns: Many maintain that the restrictions imposed on Palestinians are justified as necessary security measures in light of the ongoing conflict and threats Israel faces.
    Absence of racial intent: Those who oppose labeling Israel as an apartheid state often argue that its policies do not stem from the intent to maintain institutionalized racial domination, which they see as a core element of the definition of apartheid.
    Important Considerations

Complex and nuanced issue: The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has a long, complicated history, and there are valid arguments and perspectives on both sides. It's essential to consider all information and evidence carefully before forming your own opinion.
    Evolving definitions: The legal definition of apartheid within international law is still a subject of debate.
    I recommend researching reputable sources about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and examining the reports published by the organizations mentioned above to gain a deeper understanding of the perspectives on both sides of this debate.

——————

Is Hamas a terrorist organization?

Show drafts

If you'd like up-to-date information, try using Google Search.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Burn Google down to the ground.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Is Hamas a terrorist organization?

———

Why can’t you answer the question?

I actually can answer your questions, and I'd be happy to try my best! If you have any specific questions on your mind, feel free to ask.

However, there might be a few reasons why I might not be able to answer a question in the way you expect:

The question might be ambiguous or unclear. If the question doesn't have a clear meaning, it can be difficult for me to understand what information you're looking for and provide an accurate response.

The question might be outside of my knowledge base. I am still under development and learning new information all the time, but I might not have all the answers just yet.

The question might be inappropriate or harmful. I am programmed to avoid generating responses that are offensive, unsafe, biased, or misleading.

———

OK, is the question of whether Hamas is or is not a terrorist organization ambiguous, outside your knowledge base, or potentially harmful?

———

OK, is the United States government a terrorist organization?

Whether or not the United States government could be classified as a terrorist organization is a complex issue with no easy answer. Here's why:

Defining Terrorism:

There's no single, universally accepted definition of terrorism. Generally, it involves the use of violence or threats of violence, especially against civilians, to achieve political goals.
    Whether an act is deemed terrorism often depends on who's defining it and their perspective.
    The US Government and Actions Questioned:

Some US military actions throughout history have caused civilian casualties and displacement, leading to accusations of state-sponsored terrorism from certain groups or countries.
    Examples might include controversial use of drone strikes, support for regimes with questionable human rights records, or historical instances like the atomic bombings of Japan in WWII.
    Legal Frameworks:

The US government designates certain foreign groups as Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTOs). However, it doesn't apply this label to itself.
    International law addresses terrorism but focuses on non-state actors (i.e., groups or individuals not representing countries). Debate exists about applying those international laws to state-led actions.
    It's a Matter of Perspective

Those strongly opposing certain US foreign policy decisions might consider some actions as terrorism.
    Those supporting US actions often justify them as necessary for national security or combating other terrorist groups.
    Importance of Critical Evaluation:

It's crucial to analyze information sources and consider multiple perspectives on this issue. Here are some resources to help form your own informed opinion:

US State Department's list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations: https://www.state.gov/foreign-terrorist-organizations/
    The FBI's definition of terrorism: https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/terrorism
    **Academic articles or reports discussing state-sponsored terrorism (search online for reputable sources).
    Remember: It's essential to be respectful of differing viewpoints while engaging in constructive dialogue on this complex topic.
    Last edited by acesfull86; 02-27-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Maybe they took this thing out of the oven too soon…seems a little undercooked…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Took out too soon? This is exactly what they hoped for. Its only going to get worse.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    You should educate yourself further so you don't look silly when you jump into conversations like this. Lincoln was never an abolitionist until Southern diplomats appeared to make headway with England. The very next month, Abe "freed" the slaves where he had no power, while those north of Richmond remained in chains.

Africa is one of the continents he advocated sending blacks to. Not the only one. He was pretty straightforward about his belief that blacks and whites couldn't live together.

And I wasn't in the war, so not sure how I lost it. I had some ancestors in it, but they all wore blue (that means they fought for the North.)

If this is a topic you genuinely want to discuss there are still some sources of information out there that you can learn from, for now. I'll give you a push in the right direction - take Honest Abe at his word that he didn't care about ending slavery. Then treat him as having the same motivations as today's politicians, and then look into how the first shots came to be fired at Fort Sumter.

Or just believe the winners that wrote the history books when they tell you how pure they were.
    LMAO you come at me with that bull**** and say I should educate myself?

Republican platform in 1860 was built on that all men are created equal.

Lincoln for sure was a politican who said he woulnd't have emancipated slaves because he was trying not to have a civil war. Anyone with 2 braincells see that what lincoln wanted (no slavery expansion) would lead to the inevitable end to slavery.

Lincoln may have been racist. But that doesn't mean he was proslavery. The emancipation proclamation was done for political gains, but it was also done because some of his generals were already doing this, and it was well within his powers.

But sure I should research Lincoln on slavery

"
    "Resolutions upon the subject of domestic slavery having passed both branches of the General Assembly at its present session, the undersigned hereby protest against the passage of the same.

They believe that the institution of slavery is founded on both injustice and bad policy; but that the promulgation of abolition doctrines tends rather to increase than to abate its evils.

They believe that the Congress of the United States has no power, under the constitution, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the different States.

They believe that the Congress of the United States has the power, under the constitution, to abolish slavery in the District of Columbia; but that that power ought not to be exercised unless at the request of the people of said District.

The difference between these opinions and those contained in the said resolutions, is their reason for entering this protest."

Dan Stone,
    A. Lincoln,
    Representatives from the county of Sangamon
    "

Sure sounds pro-slavery to me

"Lincoln, in a speech at Peoria, attacked slavery on the grounds that its existence within the United States made American democracy appear hyprocritical in the eyes of the world. However, he also confessed his uncertainty as how to end slavery where it then existed, because he believed that neither colonolization nor racial equality were practical.

I can not but hate [the declared indifference for slavery's spread]. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world -- enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites -- causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty -- criticising [sic] the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest.

Before proceeding, let me say I think I have no prejudice against the Southern people. They are just what we would be in their situation. If slavery did not now exist amongst them, they would not introduce it. If it did now exist amongst us, we should not instantly give it up. This I believe of the masses north and south. Doubtless there are individuals, on both sides, who would not hold slaves under any circumstances; and others who would gladly introduce slavery anew, if it were out of existence. We know that some southern men do free their slaves, go north, and become tip-top abolitionists; while some northern ones go south, and become most cruel slave-masters.

When southern people tell us they are no more responsible for the origin of slavery, than we; I acknowledge the fact. When it is said that the institution exists; and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia, -- to their own native land. But a moment's reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days. What then? Free them all, and keep them among us as underlings? Is it quite certain that this betters their condition? I think I would not hold one in slavery, at any rate; yet the point is not clear enough for me to denounce people upon. What next? Free them, and make them politically and socially, our equals? My own feelings will not admit of this; and if mine would, we well know that those of the great mass of white people will not."

Lincoln was instrumental in pushing the vote for the 13th amendment as well

I know facts aren't the right wing's strong suit.

No one with a brain would think Lincoln to be pure, but when it comes to slavery there's a clear line of right and wrong. ANd the south was clearly in the wrong.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    The last paragraph shows the epitome of ignorance. Pretty embarassing

No one cares who won or lost- we weren’t there. It couldn’t matter less.
    No one cares who won or lost. Lol

Spoken like a true ignorant confederate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    No one cares who won or lost. Lol

Spoken like a true ignorant confederate.
    What ?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    I speak only for myself. But I'm glad the rebs got their asses handed to them and the enslaved people were freed. Matters to me. And if Lincoln used devious and unsporting methods, I say that makes it all the better. The squeals of "unfair" that echo to this day and unto these very boards are but music to my ears.

Doesn't mean all of southern culture is trash. Some thangs I like. Like southern cuisine, in all its rich variety. And the musical contributions that many southerners have made. The southern woman. Faulkner and Robert Penn Warren. The anti-intellectualism that is unfortunately prevalent there I could do without. As well as the humidity.

I will also note that the fact that southern cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and Orlando have taken to the world's sport and proven to my surprise to be great soccer towns gives me hope. Not just for the south but for the country.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 02-27-2024 at 04:49 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    What ?
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I speak only for myself. But I'm glad the rebs got their asses handed to them and the enslaved people were freed. Matters to me. And if Lincoln used devious and unsporting methods, I say that makes it all the better. The squeals of "unfair" that echo to this day and unto these very boards are but music to my ears.

Doesn't mean all of southern culture is trash. Some thangs I like. Like southern cuisine, in all its rich variety. And the musical contributions that many southerners have made. The southern woman. Faulkner and Robert Penn Warren. The anti-intellectualism that is unfortunately prevalent there I could do without. As well as the humidity.

I will also note that the fact that southern cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and Orlando have taken to the world's sport and proven to my surprise to be great soccer towns gives me hope. Not just for the south but for the country.
    For sure New Orleans is one of the most influential cities in the US in terms of cuisine and music. But it was mainly done by the blending of black culture with cajun culture. Creole is some of the finest in the world. Jazz is one of the most influential music genres of all time. Many of the great things in AMerican history came from black people in the south (Jazz, Blues, BBQ, etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    LMAO you come at me with that bull**** and say I should educate myself?

Republican platform in 1860 was built on that all men are created equal.

Lincoln for sure was a politican who said he woulnd't have emancipated slaves because he was trying not to have a civil war. Anyone with 2 braincells see that what lincoln wanted (no slavery expansion) would lead to the inevitable end to slavery.

Lincoln may have been racist. But that doesn't mean he was proslavery. The emancipation proclamation was done for political gains, but it was also done because some of his generals were already doing this, and it was well within his powers.

But sure I should research Lincoln on slavery

"
    "Resolutions upon the subject of domestic slavery having passed both branches of the General Assembly at its present session, the undersigned hereby protest against the passage of the same.

They believe that the institution of slavery is founded on both injustice and bad policy; but that the promulgation of abolition doctrines tends rather to increase than to abate its evils.

They believe that the Congress of the United States has no power, under the constitution, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the different States.

They believe that the Congress of the United States has the power, under the constitution, to abolish slavery in the District of Columbia; but that that power ought not to be exercised unless at the request of the people of said District.

The difference between these opinions and those contained in the said resolutions, is their reason for entering this protest."

Dan Stone,
    A. Lincoln,
    Representatives from the county of Sangamon
    "

Sure sounds pro-slavery to me

"Lincoln, in a speech at Peoria, attacked slavery on the grounds that its existence within the United States made American democracy appear hyprocritical in the eyes of the world. However, he also confessed his uncertainty as how to end slavery where it then existed, because he believed that neither colonolization nor racial equality were practical.

I can not but hate [the declared indifference for slavery's spread]. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world -- enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites -- causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty -- criticising [sic] the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest.

Before proceeding, let me say I think I have no prejudice against the Southern people. They are just what we would be in their situation. If slavery did not now exist amongst them, they would not introduce it. If it did now exist amongst us, we should not instantly give it up. This I believe of the masses north and south. Doubtless there are individuals, on both sides, who would not hold slaves under any circumstances; and others who would gladly introduce slavery anew, if it were out of existence. We know that some southern men do free their slaves, go north, and become tip-top abolitionists; while some northern ones go south, and become most cruel slave-masters.

When southern people tell us they are no more responsible for the origin of slavery, than we; I acknowledge the fact. When it is said that the institution exists; and that it is very difficult to get rid of it, in any satisfactory way, I can understand and appreciate the saying. I surely will not blame them for not doing what I should not know how to do myself. If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing institution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia, -- to their own native land. But a moment's reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days. What then? Free them all, and keep them among us as underlings? Is it quite certain that this betters their condition? I think I would not hold one in slavery, at any rate; yet the point is not clear enough for me to denounce people upon. What next? Free them, and make them politically and socially, our equals? My own feelings will not admit of this; and if mine would, we well know that those of the great mass of white people will not."

Lincoln was instrumental in pushing the vote for the 13th amendment as well

I know facts aren't the right wing's strong suit.

No one with a brain would think Lincoln to be pure, but when it comes to slavery there's a clear line of right and wrong. ANd the south was clearly in the wrong.
    Ahh nevermind. You've swallowed the hook.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Ahh nevermind. You've swallowed the hook.
    So I'll take that as you taking the L. L for Lincoln was always against slavery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post

The second best outcome would have been a Confederate victory followed by emancipation. The best outcome would have been the urban manufacturing industry of the North not enslaving the agrarians of the South and causing the war in the first place. The worst possible outcome is the one we got, where a Federalist republic ended for a statist empire, and soy boys try to gloat about it on the Internet.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The second best outcome would have been a Confederate victory followed by emancipation. The best outcome would have been the urban manufacturing industry of the North not enslaving the agrarians of the South and causing the war in the first place. The worst possible outcome is the one we got, where a Federalist republic ended for a statist empire, and soy boys try to gloat about it on the Internet.
    Ahh yes, it's the north's fault for the south seceding because they wanted to keep slavery.

THe logic fails are ****ing hysterical.