Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 5165

Thread: TLHLIM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Wow, what a misleading tweet.

This company has been designing for CPAC for years, they're a giant company who've planned events for MLB, and countless others.

Sure the Nazi thing is massively overblown, but to insinuate that this corp works for Biden and MSNBC is the fakiest fake news. It would be like saying a wedding venue works for the Bride and Groom.
    Umm...

There is absolutely nothing misleading. It’s a factual tweet to say that this isn’t some secret white supremacist company trying to dog whistle it’s base to attacking the capitol again.

For all the nonsense we hear about Q it sure does seem the left indulges in outrageous fantasies that become fake news almost every time.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I think this person should get psychological treatment before this person gets hurt
    Yep. And probably not from an ordinary psych professional, as this issue has become politically incorrect to address in anything other than a supportive way. Quite simply, how would this issue have been addressed prior to hormone replacement and genital mutilation becoming options?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I believe there are real cases and this certainly sounds like one but the explosion in growth in the last 5-10 years scream other outside factors.

I hope this person lives a full and happy life.

My manager from an old job transitioned at 34 which I think is much healthier. I just don’t think anyone should be doing it younger than 21 personally.
    I think this is fairly reasonable, although I do think the answer is somewhere in the middle. One of the few personal experiences I have with this involved someone who was unsure of their gender identity and ultimately went back to the original gender. It shouldn’t be taken lightly when it comes to hormone treatments or surgery, and I’d support some medical standards for such interventions, as the increased prominence might cause confusion in some. However, I think there is also an “increase” due to people not being in the closet or not even aware that it could be possible. If you grew up feeling like you’re in the wrong body but *everyone* said that’s crazy, you might just assume you were wrong and accept it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I think this is fairly reasonable, although I do think the answer is somewhere in the middle. One of the few personal experiences I have with this involved someone who was unsure of their gender identity and ultimately went back to the original gender. It shouldn’t be taken lightly when it comes to hormone treatments or surgery, and I’d support some medical standards for such interventions, as the increased prominence might cause confusion in some. However, I think there is also an “increase” due to people not being in the closet or not even aware that it could be possible. If you grew up feeling like you’re in the wrong body but *everyone* said that’s crazy, you might just assume you were wrong and accept it.
    Kids think all types of crazy things and everyone should encourage imagination. But we have to just realize that children do not have fully developed brains and therefore should not be making any permanent decisions on their lives until later on.

If a biological girl wants to wear suits then so be it. Let her do it. But give her a chance to fully understand the gravity of.l a permanent decision when they are more mature.
    Natural Immunity Croc

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Jaw (03-03-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think just about everyone agrees that something like this should not be taken lightly and should involve extensive consultations with doctors and psychologists and any other people who have expert advice to offer. As for why there are more people who identify as trans, I think there is undoubtedly a cultural aspect. This can be interpreted in various ways. Some may see it as "cultural celebration" encouraging people to do this. Others may interpret it as a more tolerant culture allowing some people to make a choice that would not have been considered in prior times.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I just posted it in the wrong tired but, I read Cat In The Hat to my daughter last night. She said, “Frankly, I’m getting serious white supremacist vibes from this author,” and then she tore the book out of my hand and threw it across the room. I said, “You passed the test,” and we cried and hugged.
    Go get him!

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Wow, what a misleading tweet.

This company has been designing for CPAC for years, they're a giant company who've planned events for MLB, and countless others.

Sure the Nazi thing is massively overblown, but to insinuate that this corp works for Biden and MSNBC is the fakiest fake news. It would be like saying a wedding venue works for the Bride and Groom.
    There is quite literally nothing misleading about the tweet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    This is clearly wrong, but it’s not necessarily fair to take an example like this and apply it to the rest of the population. Some parents are just bad, and this appears on the surface to be a case of that. I would wonder what your thought would be if the situation was reversed, though. If the little child preferred wearing dresses and doing ‘girly’ things and the parents refused, would that be better?
    I don’t normally do this, but I’m curious about your thoughts on this, Sturg. If a child from a young age is more comfortable living life in a way similar to the opposite gender, would you have the same problem with the parent refusing to let them? I’m happy to take medical intervention off the table, but is there an issue with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I don’t normally do this, but I’m curious about your thoughts on this, Sturg. If a child from a young age is more comfortable living life in a way similar to the opposite gender, would you have the same problem with the parent refusing to let them? I’m happy to take medical intervention off the table, but is there an issue with that?
    My issue has always been about physical interventions to children from parents. I think that is actual child abuse and should be criminal.

As to whether I'd be OK with a parent stopping a boy from dressing as a girl, I think that is up to the parents. There are things I wouldn't support for my kid (like my daughter wearing trashy clothes at a young age, etc). I wouldn't buy my young child clothes to support that. If the behavior persists for multiple years, I'd re consider.

But I plan to raise my sons to be masculine. My daughters to be respected. Ill support their interests but I won't encourage behavior that could lead to be being bullied or derangement.

If another parent wants to be different, that's their right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    My issue has always been about physical interventions to children from parents. I think that is actual child abuse and should be criminal.

As to whether I'd be OK with a parent stopping a boy from dressing as a girl, I think that is up to the parents. There are things I wouldn't support for my kid (like my daughter wearing trashy clothes at a young age, etc). I wouldn't buy my young child clothes to support that. If the behavior persists for multiple years, I'd re consider.

But I plan to raise my sons to be masculine. My daughters to be respected. Ill support their interests but I won't encourage behavior that could lead to be being bullied or derangement.

If another parent wants to be different, that's their right.
    So if the child in the video doesn’t undergo medical intervention, it’s none of your business? I’m not disagreeing with you on it being wrong, but I fail to see why the inverse wouldn’t be wrong.

As for being bullied or external factors, why is that the child’s fault? I would argue it’s in large part a perpetuation of the existing gender norms I’m arguing against.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    So if the child in the video doesn’t undergo medical intervention, it’s none of your business? I’m not disagreeing with you on it being wrong, but I fail to see why the inverse wouldn’t be wrong.
    I dont think parents should be pressuring kids i to believing they are something they arent, whether they physically intervene or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Go get him!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (03-04-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    But bro, have you seen Gonzos nose ?
    Ivermectin Man

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (03-04-2021), Jaw (03-04-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    But bro, have you seen Gonzos nose ?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mqt For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (03-04-2021), Jaw (03-04-2021), Tapate50 (03-04-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    My backyard. Can confirm. Can't wait to leave this summer

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I love right wing twitter

They come up with the dumbest clutch your pearls **** lol
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    They actually are extinct lol

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts