Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freeman tests positive

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Maybe, my question is why are you so worried about them? I am fairly sure baseball is not the primary source of income for any of them.
    I think he probably doesn’t understand just how rich these people are. Which to be fair is understandable. Past a certain point you’re perception begins to warp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Weird we never hear about players with the flu...
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    I'm on board with cancelling the season. With numbers climbing across the country, the season being a nonsense short season, and lots of players already testing positive, just roll it up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-05-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm on board with cancelling the season. With numbers climbing across the country, the season being a nonsense short season, and lots of players already testing positive, just roll it up.
    To be fair, we had 30 out of 1800 players test positive. Very low rate. The virus is peaking now. in a few weeks when games start should start trending down.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    I think he probably doesn’t understand just how rich these people are. Which to be fair is understandable. Past a certain point you’re perception begins to warp.
    I absolutely do. Point remains. It's very easy to tell people to lose money when it's not your money.

Also, it's "your"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Anyone over 65/70 should be quarantined. Everyone else should be business as usual.

As usual, the federal government has grossly mismanaged something from the beginning.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    As usual, the federal government has grossly mismanaged something from the beginning.
    you mean this iteration of the federal government? correct.
    they’re playing baseball in korea. and have been.
    this could have been handled so much better. it didn’t have to be this bad. by trying so hard to deny how big the problem is, shockingly the problem became much worse.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    yes we do? “flu-like symptoms.” hear it all the time.
    i know you’re in denial, but this virus is more easily spread and more dangerous especially for the compromised.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Anyone over 65/70 should be quarantined. Everyone else should be business as usual.
    if only things were this simple.
    professional athlete Rudy Gobert is still not back to normal. he had covid over 3 months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    you mean this iteration of the federal government? correct.
    they’re playing baseball in korea. and have been.
    this could have been handled so much better. it didn’t have to be this bad. by trying so hard to deny how big the problem is, shockingly the problem became much worse.
    As if the Dems would be any better. There'd be no economy to tank.

Look, I get you're a huge government sheep, but I've got bad news for you: both sides are wholly incompetent.
    Last edited by SJ24; 07-05-2020 at 08:58 AM.

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    yes we do? “flu-like symptoms.” hear it all the time.
    i know you’re in denial, but this virus is more easily spread and more dangerous especially for the compromised.
    That’s called a hangover

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Yes we do actually. Can we not rehash this dumb argument comparing it to the flu? I thought we had moved past that?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    You know Covid isnt going away soon, and MLB and all sports lose an assload of money if they dont play. You grow up.
    Sure it is. "It's going to go away as soon as the weather starts to get warm, just like the flu."

Or maybe saying he "hoped it's just going to disappear" this week was what we needed.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    As if the Dems would be any better. There'd be no economy to tank.

Look, I get you're a huge government sheep, but I've got bad news for you: both sides are wholly incompetent.
    I know this is going to surprise you, but there are some of us that put other things ahead of the economy.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

That would be cool.

Of course I've got two nieces in college in Florida that have Cystic Fibrosis and I've got high blood pressure and a history of heart problems. How soon can I meet them in Atlanta for the first game with fans?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    To be fair, we had 30 out of 1800 players test positive. Very low rate. The virus is peaking now. in a few weeks when games start should start trending down.
    1800 players tested?? Not hardly. That would represent the total of 60 man rosters and not all teams, when in fact very few, have a "full" 60 man roster.

That 30 figure is players only. Add 4 more for the Fish tested positive yesterday, the Phiiiies holding out 3 for "protocol" including Nola, and several other teams announcing yet another player or two. My guess is the total is closer to 50 than 30 players not to mention staff and other associated team members.

Not counted is the number of "opt outs" for the season which is growing daily.
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    To be fair - exactly how do we KNOW it's peaking now (or anything else about it if we're truly being "honest")???

It was supposedly "peaking" when things were so bad in New York well over a month ago and things weren't bad everywhere else.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    1800 players tested?? Not hardly. That would represent the total of 60 man rosters and not all teams, when in fact very few, have a "full" 60 man roster.

That 30 figure is players only. Add 4 more for the Fish tested positive yesterday, the Phiiiies holding out 3 for "protocol" including Nola, and several other teams announcing yet another player or two. My guess is the total is closer to 50 than 30 players not to mention staff and other associated team members.

Not counted is the number of "opt outs" for the season which is growing daily.
    Relatively confident that number is going to continue to grow as well. If Trout decides that being careful is the way he needs to go, we're liable to see an avalanche of players calling "no go".

20. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-05-2020)

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Relatively confident that number is going to continue to grow as well. If Trout decides that being careful is the way he needs to go, we're liable to see an avalanche of players calling "no go".
    Exactly. And I think we’ll see a bunch of players like King Felix opting out now as well. Why would he risk it, playing for the league minimum, when he’s already made his millions. I’m thinking any older players that can, will sit out. Plus, we’ll start seeing some of the younger players start opting out as well. Players having children this summer, or seeing their peers getting the virus.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Put Posey in same boat as Trout. 2 BIG names that might "opt out". Game won't be the same without a number of "super stars".
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.