Thread: Neck is out

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    You're wrong.

Also, I'd compare test scores with a mediocre libbie like you any day.
    Oh great, this twerp is back acting like he knows anything. Test scores? What a joke...

Aren't you supposed to be gone? Oh wait...your word is meaningless...I forgot.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-07-2020 at 12:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-07-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    So if we stop testing, nobody has the virus?

Wow. So if nobody hits a ball to LF, Ozuna's a great defender? If no one throws a slider that dives into the left-handed batters box Riley's going to become a HOFer?

No one is suggesting hiding under a bed - this is exactly where the bloated and stretched two party system has landed us. Either you agree with the far-left or the far-right - anything in between that doesn't line up with my way of thinking makes you one "of them". Everybody screaming about how it's an unforgivable infringement on their rights to be asked to wear a mask to protect others COMPLETELY IGNORES the fact that those wearing a mask are simply exercising the same right in a different way. You have every right not to wear a mask (and I wholeheartedly support your choice), just don't come around me right now because my situation's different than yours. Multiple members of my immediate family are high-risk individuals, and I'd prefer not to be any part of exposing them. I support better gun control, but happen to own a .44 that will blow a large hole through the engine block of my truck and have no interest in taking that away from someone who similarly has one as a means to protect their home and family from unreasonable idiots.

Reasonable people understand that everything isn't always black or white. Unfortunately we seldom hear from those people these days.
    I can't believe I am about to say this...

clv is 100% right.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-08-2020), jpx7 (07-07-2020), nsacpi (07-07-2020), Runnin (07-08-2020)

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    aww wittle man it's ok bb
    Test scores?

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Oh great, this twerp is back acting like he knows anything. Test scores? What a joke...

Aren't you supposed to be gone? Oh wait...your word is meaningless...I forgot.
    would happily compare with you too pacific boy
    Last edited by SJ24; 07-07-2020 at 01:23 PM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    Test scores?
    1540 - 770 math, 770 verbal. Just as stupid with numbers as I am when it comes to the English language - a well-rounded idiot.

Those are from 1985. I also don't have a college degree.

What difference does any of that make?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-07-2020)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    how are people still spewing this nonsense.
    Arizona just recorded a 33% positive rate.
    33%.
    that has nothing to do with the amount of tests. rates are a thing. and the positive rate is spiking in some places.
    A 33% positive rate should only be alarming if hospitalizations and death rates have a similar upward spike. No one cares if there is a 33% positive rate on a disease that does very little damage. So far we aren't seeing an upward spike in those later categories in FL (our positive rate is about 14%). It may be that what we are actually seeing is that we are getting much closer to heard immunity than was expected at this juncture. If you are testing more people and a higher percentage are positive, but do not require hospitalization, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It may mean the population is getting much better at fighting the virus (herd immunity).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I can't believe I am about to say this...

clv is 100% right.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 07-07-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (07-09-2020), Garmel (07-07-2020), JohnAdcox (07-08-2020), jpx7 (07-07-2020), Skeeter31 (07-07-2020), zedsdead (07-07-2020)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    No one cares if there is a 33% positive rate on a disease that does very little damage.
    word

glad to know we should care about this one then
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-07-2020), Super (07-08-2020)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    What in the *ell does this discussion have to do with "not wanting baseball"?

It's painfully obvious that everyone wants to see games - what's sad is that some people are entirely unable to separate their politics from the discussion. Again, MLB butchered the testing procedure in several camps already. This understandably made already uneasy players even more nervous and concerned for their own families. Has anybody bothered to ask Trout, Doolittle, Bryant, Freeman, Andrew Miller, or ANY of the players that have chosen to opt out so far which political party they're affiliated with. If we happen to find that out, what difference could it possibly make?

Given the current unknowns combined with MLB's bumbling of the situation, it's perfectly reasonable for players to say "call me when you get your *hit together and I'll be back". I certainly wouldn't play under the current set of circumstances.

I don't think this is political in the typical sense. I don't fault a player that has made millions in their career choosing to stay home and take care of their family with whatever. Some players are taking a greater risk than others. Mike Trout will be able to walk back into the clubhouse next year... or whenever he deems it safe and continue on with his career. Nick and King Felix are likely done taking the year off. Again, it is their choice and the games will go on. Their political affiliation is pretty much irrelevant. But here is the rub... and always has been the rub. The game is bigger than individual players. Who here is really happy at the end of the night when Freeman goes 4/4 and hits a home run, but the Braves lose? It isn't the players that make the game great... it is the game that makes the players great. That's why a Maddox can retire and the game doesn't suffer.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OcalaBrave For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-08-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OcalaBrave View Post
    A 33% positive rate should only be alarming if hospitalizations and death rates have a similar upward spike. No one cares if there is a 33% positive rate on a disease that does very little damage. So far we aren't seeing an upward spike in those later categories in FL (our positive rate is about 14%). It may be that what we are actually seeing is that we are getting much closer to heard immunity than was expected at this juncture. If you are testing more people and a higher percentage are positive, but do not require hospitalization, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It may mean the population is getting much better at fighting the virus (herd immunity).

yesterday Arizona reported a recorded number of deaths, hospitalizations, and ICU occupancy numbers. Not sure about cases, I'll wager it was near the top.

I've been confounded by many things in the last four years, but the repeated hope of "well maybe math and biology" won't work the same way this time has been truly mind-blowing over the last three months.

It's like no one can see more than 24 hours down the road.

It's obvious where these things are heading if they aren't turned around.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (07-08-2020), jpx7 (07-07-2020), Runnin (07-08-2020)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    word

glad to know we should care about this one then
    And that is the individual side of it. You see this disease as being very dangerous. Take all precautions you deem necessary.

No one in my household family is in an at risk population. So I see a death percentage rate only roughly twice as high as the common flu, but more concentrated in elderly/preexisting condition populations, and believe that my risks are pretty insignificant. Given my genetic history, my chances of dying of cancer are probably higher than my chances of dying of CV-19. I live in an area that is relatively unaffected by CV-19. I choose not to be afraid of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    yesterday Arizona reported a recorded number of deaths, hospitalizations, and ICU occupancy numbers. Not sure about cases, I'll wager it was near the top.

I've been confounded by many things in the last four years, but the repeated hope of "well maybe math and biology" won't work the same way this time has been truly mind-blowing over the last three months.

It's like no one can see more than 24 hours down the road.

It's obvious where these things are heading if they aren't turned around.
    We won't stop this thing and we never were. Everyone is gonna be exposed at some point. There's no magic fix on the horizon, and no much public fear anymore it seems (at least in GA).
    Ivermectin Man

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Well, we gone past the point of no return in this thread. The COVID discussion needs to be back on the off topic board. I don’t see this thread getting back to a baseball discussion, so time to lock it up
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (07-09-2020), Metaphysicist (07-12-2020), salmagundy (07-07-2020), Skeeter31 (07-07-2020)