Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annual Directv/MLB Extra Innings Bitchfest 2020

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts

Annual Directv/MLB Extra Innings Bitchfest 2020

In today's mail I received a notification from Directv that with the upcoming resumption of the MLB season, my Extra Innings subscription would be renewed. Due to the reduction from 162 to 60 games, the fine folks at Directv and MLB have graciously decided to cut my bill in half for this subscription, from $183.00 to $90.00.

Apparently someone is either not very good at math, or is counting on the fact that many of their subscribers don't understand that a 63% reduction in the number of games should result in more than a 51.8% price cut.

I tried the tried and true trick of calling to cancel with the hopes they would offer me a better deal. No such deal materialized, so I will not have Extra Innings this year. F**k them.

By "them" I mainly mean MLB. About a month ago I received a notification from DTV that due to the inconveniences of the pandemic they were giving me NFL Sunday Ticket for free this year, so I don't think it's coming from their side of the deal.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkPiggler View Post
    In today's mail I received a notification from Directv that with the upcoming resumption of the MLB season, my Extra Innings subscription would be renewed. Due to the reduction from 162 to 60 games, the fine folks at Directv and MLB have graciously decided to cut my bill in half for this subscription, from $183.00 to $90.00.

Apparently someone is either not very good at math, or is counting on the fact that many of their subscribers don't understand that a 63% reduction in the number of games should result in more than a 51.8% price cut.

I tried the tried and true trick of calling to cancel with the hopes they would offer me a better deal. No such deal materialized, so I will not have Extra Innings this year. F**k them.

By "them" I mainly mean MLB. About a month ago I received a notification from DTV that due to the inconveniences of the pandemic they were giving me NFL Sunday Ticket for free this year, so I don't think it's coming from their side of the deal.
    I did the MLBTV deal this year (the Braves only package) and paid in full prior to the start of the season. I kept waiting for notification from MLB of how they were going to handle refunds and nothing was forthcoming. Had to check the fine print on the website and thankfully they are issuing prorated refunds but you have to fill out a form on their website if you want an actual refund. Otherwise they’re just applying it to the renewal for 2021. Hope this helps people who went that route.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skeeter31 For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (07-13-2020), jpx7 (07-13-2020)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Anyone know if TMobile is doing their free mlb.tv subscription again this year?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Anyone know if TMobile is doing their free mlb.tv subscription again this year?
    Yes they are.

Sprint too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (07-19-2020)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Yes they are.

Sprint too
    Looks like they are also offering a free subscription to “The Athletic” as well.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Time to cut the cord man. I know all the multiple subscription services can get expensive quick but we just do the Hulu/ESPN/Disney+ bundle plus Netflix fulltime. Everything else like HBO we only subscribe when a show we like is coming out like Westworld. The no contract month to month plans are the best.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Time to cut the cord man. I know all the multiple subscription services can get expensive quick but we just do the Hulu/ESPN/Disney+ bundle plus Netflix fulltime. Everything else like HBO we only subscribe when a show we like is coming out like Westworld. The no contract month to month plans are the best.

How do you watch the Braves games?

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    How do you watch the Braves games?
    This year I'm actually going to use mlb.tv I live way out of their market so that's not an issue for me.

In years past I've used sites like http://bilasport.net/mlb.html They stream almost every sports game. I either open it up on my pc or through the web browser through my xbox if I want to watch it on the big screen.

Also if that specific site doesn't work there is usually several sites that post to https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/ when the games are about to start.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    I will never cut the cord. I like to watch my sports easy and have them be reliable. Not going to mess around with a steaming service or anything like that. Although the past four months I have watched so little TV it doesn’t matter much. Everyone should be able to get money back from their providers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

VirginiaBrave (01-15-2021)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Does Hulu carry all the Braves games on fox sports south even if in Braves market ?
    It’s 50 something bucks a month but still much cheaper than ATT ...
    I’ll hang up and listen..

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    Does Hulu carry all the Braves games on fox sports south even if in Braves market ?
    It’s 50 something bucks a month but still much cheaper than ATT ...
    I’ll hang up and listen..
    I switched to Hulu Live from YoutubeTV (and Vue before that). Seems like it’ll work out. I’ve got south and southeast and I’m in the Braves market.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevilruss View Post
    I switched to Hulu Live from YoutubeTV (and Vue before that). Seems like it’ll work out. I’ve got south and southeast and I’m in the Braves market.
    So is Fox Sports South not on YouTube TV? That’s what I have, and I thought it listed it before I signed up.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    So is Fox Sports South not on YouTube TV? That’s what I have, and I thought it listed it before I signed up.

They had to renegotiate the Fox Regional Sports Network deal.

Short answer is that it depends on where you live now.

My area has gone from Fox SS and SE, to having none of them, to having FOXS Carolinas, to apparently having none again.

I was trying out YTTV and cancelled when they yanked the Braves.

I still very much want to cut cord as I think I can save $100 a month pretty easily.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-23-2020)

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    What Southcack said. They yo-yo’d about three times. My friends who live 15 miles away have the fox sports channels through YouTubeTV, but I don’t. They jacked up the price anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Does Hulu have DVR capability ?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    What Southcack said. They yo-yo’d about three times. My friends who live 15 miles away have the fox sports channels through YouTubeTV, but I don’t. They jacked up the price anyway.
    YTTV carries FSSE and FS Carolinas in my market so I was covered.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Yeah - I’m in Greenville SC and no dice. Very perturbed

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    Yeah - I’m in Greenville SC and no dice. Very perturbed
    About 60 miles NE of you.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Unreal ...I signed up a few months ago and it was on the list. Now it isn’t. Shoot me.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Anyone hearing rumblings about any of this mess?