Thread: PUIG TO THE BRAVES

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    so awesome

let's ****ing go!
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think Freeman will be back. Probably end of this weekend
    Ivermectin Man

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,367 Posts
    Is there terms for puig yet?
    Coppy

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    Looking at the roster I’d argue it makes more sense to use Culberson and keep Riley off the roster. I mean why burn the service time to maybe be the weak side of a platoon. Especially on an essentially fake season.
    Ideally, sure. The problem with that is Freddie's situation. If somebody's going to have to fill-in for him at 1B every day at the start, I'd think just about everyone would prefer that's Riley over Charlie.
    Last edited by clvclv; 07-15-2020 at 07:48 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Charles Odum says it's a one year deal - of course I have no clue who the *ell Charles Odum is.

https://apnews.com/be7b71d69d8df1c98ee0164d66f32ca3
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Ideally, sure. The problem with that is Freddie's situation. If somebody's going to have to fill-in for him at 1B every day at the start, I'd think just about everyone would prefer that's Riley over Charlie.
    Agree with this. Riley’s clock also isn’t as important as someone like Pache’s clock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    I am so freaking excited about this. I'm not sure he moves the needle THAT much, but he's a clear upgrade over what Neck would have brought to the table and the team's swag levels will be ridiculous.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Is it possible they are looking at Puig for a short 60 game season in case the DH becomes universal a year early?

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Is it possible they are looking at Puig for a short 60 game season in case the DH becomes universal a year early?
    Doubt it. There is a reason Puig went this long without being signed. He's just a replacement for Neck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I think we could see some good things from this. Puig is one of those guys who always seemed ready to bust out if you could get him somewhere where he's happy. Hopefully this will be the place.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Wish we'd sign Scooter Gennett too for the taxi squad.
    Relatively sure you're joking, but would he really be that much worse an option than Culberson at this point? In all honesty, Solarte would probably be the best choice of the three since he's a switch-hitter and supposedly can handle SS in an emergency. None of them will likely see any ABs as an OF now - unless something goes REALLY wrong - and probably doesn't see many ABs at all with the DH in play, no matter how much Snitker loves him. Might as well have a LH bat in that 26th man role since we don't have other options unless you start Shewmake's clock. If Kozma hit left-handed he might be the best fit since he's a true SS that could play the other two positions, but he hasn't hit in years. We're splitting hairs about the 26th man that will likely only see ABs at 2B or 3B in an emergency - do you want a LH bat with pop (Gennett), a switch-hitter with slightly more defensive value (Solarte), or the clubhouse guy now that Markakis is gone (Culberson)?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Doubt it. There is a reason Puig went this long without being signed. He's just a replacement for Neck.
    The general consensus from the XM shows yesterday seemed to be that Puig overvalued himself in the market. His reps supposedly begged him to take the $10 million Miami offered him. When he finally realized that no one else (particularly contenders) viewed him as any kind of "must-have" piece, we apparently were the contender that offered both the best mixture of best chance to win AND the most opportunity to play.

Hopefully getting meaningful ABs on a contender - even if they don't come everyday - will keep him happy enough to not cause problems in the clubhouse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It's a Brave New World.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (07-15-2020), jpx7 (07-16-2020)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    600 Posts
    I’m not convinced we’d be better off with Riley at first over Culberson. Also Duvall is an option as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Absolutely relative to nothing and off topic too but was very surprised to discover that Kayleigh McEnany (Trumps press sec) is married to Sean Gilmartin.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Absolutely relative to nothing and off topic too but was very surprised to discover that Kayleigh McEnany (Trumps press sec) is married to Sean Gilmartin.
    Yet another reason to hate that draft pick!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-16-2020), Runnin (07-17-2020)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,861 Posts
    Yet another reason to hate that draft pick!!!
    why? Kayleigh is hot.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-17-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    why? Kayleigh is hot.
    Curl up with Kayleigh and a nice signing bonus. Whats to hate? Maybe just a whole lot of envy?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    why? Kayleigh is hot.
    she's also kind of a psychopathic liar, so
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-16-2020), Runnin (07-17-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Curl up with Kayleigh and a nice signing bonus. Whats to hate? Maybe just a whole lot of envy?
    lol if you think people are envious of someone based solely on how they look, then yikes. only one person here is still in high school.
    i'd rather not be married to a vapid piece of garbage, no matter how outwardly attractive she is.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg