Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I've applied facts here. You're the one who's provided nothing and just keeps spewing nonsense.

New York literally made a law that let cops be racist. Here let's look at 2011 (pre-lawsuit) stop and frisk stats

https://www.nyclu.org/en/stop-and-frisk-data

In 2011, 685,724 NYPD stops were recorded.
    605,328 were innocent (88 percent).
    350,743 were Black (53 percent).
    223,740 were Latinx (34 percent).
    61,805 were white (9 percent).
    341,581 were aged 14-24 (51 percent).
    Very current data you’re using here.

Let’s ignore why stop and frisk was put in place and the reduction in crime rates when it was used.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Let’s ignore why stop and frisk was put in place and the reduction in crime rates when it was used.
    Regardless, stop and frisk was a local circumstance and is irrelevant to a discussion of racist behavior by police on a national scale.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts

Hey Moron. I told you why I looked at those numbers. Because they're pre-lawsuit when cops could stop and frisk with impunity. I could have used 2012 but for some reason I thought the lawsuit was 2012, I was mistaken it was 2013

https://ccrjustice.org/home/what-we-...new-york-et-al
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Who determines whether the civilian was compliant?
    "recorded as compliant by police"
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Regardless, stop and frisk was a local circumstance and is irrelevant to a discussion of racist behavior by police on a national scale.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...s-in-policing/

One example of an encounter denominator approach is a 2019 study by Roland Fryer, an economist at Harvard. He found that police shoot white, Black and Hispanic Americans whom they’ve stopped at equal rates.3 At first blush, that would seem like evidence that the police are not racially biased — every demographic is being treated equally, after all.

But we know that police officers are more likely to stop Black and Hispanic people than white ones — and that more of those stops are unfounded. Researchers measure this with something called the “hit rate,” or the rate at which contraband is actually found on the people who were stopped. A lower hit rate implies bias because it means that the decision to search someone was made with less evidence. White people stopped in New York City, for example, were more likely to be carrying a weapon than Black and Hispanic people who were stopped. White drivers stopped by the police were more likely to have contraband than Black and Hispanic drivers nationally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    "recorded as compliant by police"
    The police who were violent with the suspect recorded the suspect as compliant? My word, let's just fire them for incompetence, it's easier to prove than racism.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    The police who were violent with the suspect recorded the suspect as compliment? My word, let's just fire them for incompetence, it's easier to prove than racism.
    It is a large database...there wouldnt be many police left
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...s-in-policing/

One example of an encounter denominator approach is a 2019 study by Roland Fryer, an economist at Harvard. He found that police shoot white, Black and Hispanic Americans whom they’ve stopped at equal rates.3 At first blush, that would seem like evidence that the police are not racially biased — every demographic is being treated equally, after all.

But we know that police officers are more likely to stop Black and Hispanic people than white ones — and that more of those stops are unfounded. Researchers measure this with something called the “hit rate,” or the rate at which contraband is actually found on the people who were stopped. A lower hit rate implies bias because it means that the decision to search someone was made with less evidence. White people stopped in New York City, for example, were more likely to be carrying a weapon than Black and Hispanic people who were stopped. White drivers stopped by the police were more likely to have contraband than Black and Hispanic drivers nationally.
    It's interesting that she pulled that one piece of data from that study, because that isn't what got Fryer's attention. Fryer, by the way, is a large cog in the grievance industry wheel. Here's how the NYT article on his study started, a study that he admits he began as a form of activism:

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

The result contradicts the image of police shootings that many Americans hold after the killings (some captured on video) of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.; Tamir Rice in Cleveland; Walter Scott in South Carolina; Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, La.; and Philando Castile in Minnesota.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    It is a large database...there wouldnt be many police left
    I suspect that it points to a flaw in the collection of data. When you're amalgamating data from several layouts due to a variety of sources, it's easy to have a field like "Compliant" with a binary of 1 = True and 0 = False, then count every instance of a 1. That works, as long as every data source was recording that data, it was recorded in a way that was easily translated to the binary, and it was imported correctly from every source. Based on the data saying that a whole bunch of cops said they beat compliant suspects, I bet that didn't happen.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Fixing racial bias in a system like policing needs to be like treating a disease. If you're a doctor and someone comes in with difficulty breathing, you can see that there's an issue but you don't just say "It's asthma" and throw an inhaler at the patient. You have to investigate, run tests, and determine the actual cause. If the person has pneumonia, they'll need antibiotics. If they have lung cancer, they'll need chemo. An inhaler will do nothing for them.

With racial bias in policing, you have to take the same approach. You can't just jump to a conclusion of what the problem is as you'll likely end up failing to treat the disease. Is it encounter rates? Is it patrol patterns? Is it income inequality? Is it stereotypes formed by police based on what they're being exposed to? Is it biases in criminal law? Etc.

I'm all for funding some really, really in depth statistical research to pinpoint issues. Bumbling around blind just makes things worse.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (02-24-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    let me add, denial is poison.
    /////

Statistics tell only a part of the story. I think I wrote once here that we could bend statistics to make an argument for Tommy LaStella to be inducted in the HOF.
    Because in this case those compiling the statistics are in large part the perpetrators.
    Like asking the fox who is responsible for raiding the hen house.

Doesnt mean all foxes raided the hen house but ...
    /////

as in spousal abuse many dont come forward because of fear of reprisal
    ///////////

I strongly believe that racial conversation in the schools starting at a very young age is how we will eventually get this right.

People are taught racism ////// which leads to police brutality
    Last edited by 57Brave; 02-24-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm all for funding some really, really in depth statistical research to pinpoint issues. Bumbling around blind just makes things worse.
    The topic has become politicized to a point where it's nearly impossible to do that in an honest and meaningful way. We've already seen this with climate, sexuality, and gender issues.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You don’t need to do any research. Blacks commit far more crimes as a percentage of the their demographic. Police make informed statistical decisions in the field.

The real issue is why blacks are committing more crimes and it’s not because of their skin color. Once we are honest about that then we get true societal harmony.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    You don’t need to do any research. Blacks commit far more crimes as a percentage of the their demographic. Police make informed statistical decisions in the field.

The real issue is why blacks are committing more crimes and it’s not because of their skin color. Once we are honest about that then we get true societal harmony.
    Blacks are charged with more crimes as a percentage of their demographic.

I commit crimes of varying degrees everyday. Usually they're mild (speeding, accidental littering, etc.) but I've committed heavier crimes (drinking underage, drinking and driving, possession of controlled substance, piracy, etc.) and never been charged or hassled.

When you're black basically you have to be better than White people or you risk being arrested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Blacks are charged with more crimes as a percentage of their demographic.

I commit crimes of varying degrees everyday. Usually they're mild (speeding, accidental littering, etc.) but I've committed heavier crimes (drinking underage, drinking and driving, possession of controlled substance, piracy, etc.) and never been charged or hassled.

When you're black basically you have to be better than White people or you risk being arrested.
    This excusal approach hurts black people that most.

Shameful.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Treat people like animals they start to act like animals. As far as I know there wasnt this problem before the war on drugs. The solution according to police is to oversaturated poor black areas and arrest and fine people for as many minor infractions as they can. This has the opposite effect they claim it does. All it does is make life harder for the good people and turn them against police.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    This excusal approach hurts black people that most.

Shameful.
    LMAO sure buddy. I'm guessing your super in touch with black people. I'm sure you've got all kinds of black content creators that you enjoy following.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    LMAO sure buddy. I'm guessing your super in touch with black people. I'm sure you've got all kinds of black content creators that you enjoy following.
    Completely irrelevant response.

But he be seen many prominent black conservatives talk about the ills within the black community. You just only want to accept victimhood and white guilt because you are lazy. That’s fine.

There are real problems that need to be addressed that are far more important then someone walking on the other side of the street from a scary black man at night.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Completely irrelevant response.

But he be seen many prominent black conservatives talk about the ills within the black community. You just only want to accept victimhood and white guilt because you are lazy. That’s fine.

There are real problems that need to be addressed that are far more important then someone walking on the other side of the street from a scary black man at night.
    Right, so the only experience that's real is black conservatives. Not black liberals, they're subhuman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Right, so the only experience that's real is black conservatives. Not black liberals, they're subhuman.
    Yup. That is what I said.

Hope everything is well at home man.
    Natural Immunity Croc