Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Remember Kyle Lewis?

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    people wanted him to be the FT 3B last year and called signing Donaldson a waste.
    some then also said he was only bad last year because he didn't get enough chances.
    thankfully the Braves FO knew better.
    I for one. Baseball contracts are all about past performance and projections. But I do concur with the last part of your post. The FO does know more than posters/fans (all of us). 2018 JD was not $22M better than 2018 Camargo performance wise. Career wise is another story.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    I for one. Baseball contracts are all about past performance and projections. But I do concur with the last part of your post. The FO does know more than posters/fans (all of us). 2018 JD was not $22M better than 2018 Camargo performance wise. Career wise is another story.
    And everyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together understood Camargo's 2018 was a fluke that would never be repeated, while JD was likely to bounce back after an injury plagued 2018.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    And everyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together understood Camargo's 2018 was a fluke that would never be repeated, while JD was likely to bounce back after an injury plagued 2018.
    Why do you go out of your way to insult everyone who you disagree with. Maybe you just enjoy being a complete ass hole. And then maybe you dont read what you chose to take exception to.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PawPawMaxwell For This Useful Post:

mfree80 (09-29-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,141 Posts
    Why do you go out of your way to insult everyone who you disagree with. Maybe you just enjoy being a complete ass hole. And then maybe you dont read what you chose to take exception to.
    Because anyone who thought Camargo was the answer is an idiot. Whether or not you lump yourself into that group of people is something I don’t care about one or another.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    2018 JD was not $22M better than 2018 Camargo performance wise. Career wise is another story.
    the point is, Camargo was never going to repeat his 2018. the front office knew it. some people here came to understand that. and the front office acted accordingly, and turns out, they were super duper right.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg