Hechavarria 2B

Kyle Wright P
    Get off my lawn!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Did I miss the report of Ender being hurt?

Or are we watching Snit play the “hot hand” with Duvall vs RHP?
    Last edited by Enscheff; 08-07-2020 at 03:28 PM.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    I think this is much more of the reason why Ender is currently not playing:

https://twitter.com/b_outliers/statu...76778497765378

He's both not hitting and has apparently lost a step in the outfield. And even though 60 games is a fair amount, we don't exactly have the time to try to facilitate Ender's bat heating up because outside of an outlier year, he doesn't heat up for more than 60 games.

I would prefer to only start Duvall against LHP, but if Ender is going to hit like a good hitting pitcher we don't exactly have a choice but **** and ****.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaGirl For This Useful Post:

clvclv (08-07-2020), jpx7 (08-07-2020)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post

He's both not hitting and has apparently lost a step in the outfield. And even though 60 games is a fair amount, we don't exactly have the time to try to facilitate Ender's bat heating up because outside of an outlier year, he doesn't heat up for more than 60 games.

I would prefer to only start Duvall against LHP, but if Ender is going to hit like a good hitting pitcher we don't exactly have a choice but **** and ****.
    On the one hand, it's only thirteen games. On the other, those are pretty ghastly underlying numbers ...
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

Snit said before the game last night he was going to role with this outfield combo for a while now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeeter31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-07-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts

Did you not see either of my posts relating to this in the previous GDT?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post

Please tell me some twit isn't using defensive metrics after 2 weeks as proof of anything.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-07-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    Snit said before the game last night he was going to role with this outfield combo for a while now.
    So he is going to...

Use the RHH Riley with terrible offensive numbers early in the year vs RHP in favor of Camargo and his excellent 3B defense batting LH.

Not use Ender with terrible offensive numbers early in the year in favor for Duvall who is always terrible vs RHP.

Am I the only one who can't square this logic? Did AA stop giving Snit his cheat sheet he was using at the start of the season? Does he not realize he is giving up defense at 3B and CF for zero return on offense?

Why exactly is Ender's small sample size keeping him out of the lineup, but Riley's isn't? Why is Snit acting like Duvall can hit against RHP despite a .741 career OPS against them?
    Last edited by Enscheff; 08-07-2020 at 04:31 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-07-2020), salmagundy (08-07-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Duvall in the OF vs a RHP over Enfer is laughably bad. I'm not sure why or how, but Snit went from managing the roster perfectly for about 2 weeks to suddenly being clueless again.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Duvall in the OF vs a RHP over Enfer is laughably bad. I'm not sure why or how, but Snit went from managing the roster perfectly for about 2 weeks to suddenly being clueless again.
    Don't think this has anything at all to do with whether Ender's "lost a step" or not - right now, at least. With the state the rotation is in and NO veterans to lean on, Snitker likely figures the only way they're going to win for the time being is to score 5-6 runs every night. With Ozzie out, Riley and Camargo looking like an offensive black hole again, and Ender hitting like a Pitcher, he's going to get as many bats in there as he can.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Why is Snit acting like Duvall can hit against RHP despite a .741 career OPS against them?
    That's about the same as Inciarte's career OPS against RHP (.749), so—if there is rhyme or reason, and it's not just reactionary whim—I assume they're figuring the offense is, at worst, a wash, even if Inciarte does rebound with the bat, and meanwhile internal evaluations suggest Inciarte's defense has regressed enough that Acuña–Duvall is better than Inciarte–Acuña (about which ... I'd be very skeptical).

Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Don't think this has anything at all to do with whether Ender's "lost a step" or not - right now, at least. With the state the rotation is in and NO veterans to lean on, Snitker likely figures the only way they're going to win for the time being is to score 5-6 runs every night. With Ozzie out, Riley and Camargo looking like an offensive black hole again, and Ender hitting like a Pitcher, he's going to get as many bats in there as he can.
    As noted above, for his career, Inciarte is actually more of a "bat" against RHP than Duvall (though it's surprisingly closer than I would've expected). So your argument doesn't really hold water unless they have Bowmans that either his offense, defense, or both have cratered.
    Last edited by jpx7; 08-07-2020 at 04:44 PM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    That's about the same as Inciarte's career OPS against RHP (.749), so—if there is rhyme or reason, and it's not just reactionary whim—I assume they're figuring the offense is, at worst, a wash, even if Inciarte does rebound with the bat, and meanwhile internal evaluations suggest Inciarte's defense has regressed enough that Acuña–Duvall is better than Inciarte–Acuña (about which ... I'd be very skeptical).

As noted above, for his career, Inciarte is actually more of a "bat" against RHP than Duvall (though it's surprisingly closer than I would've expected). So your argument doesn't really hold water unless they have Bowmans that either his offense, defense, or both have cratered.
    If Snitker is looking for offense under every stone, it sure does seem strange to play Hechavarria over Johan - or even Charlie - at 2B.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    If Snitker is looking for offense under every stone, it sure does seem strange to play Hechavarria over Johan - or even Charlie - at 2B.
    Agreed—which is why I don't think that's the conclusion we can draw from Inciarte's benching. Or at least I hope it's not. Because—while I hope Inciarte's non ded—I also hope there's more to this move than just "Duvall hot, hit homers".

But I am a bit surprised it's Hechavarría all the way at second. He's clearly the best alternative at SS, after Swanson, because of his glove; but I'm not sure the difference is substantial enough at 2B to make Hech a better option over Camargo, even against RHP.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    I dunno I’ve seen some things that were fairly questionable the first couple weeks.

Anyway Camargo needs to be out there every day right now. Either at 2nd or 3rd.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Well, it was fun having a competent manager for 2 weeks at least.

I should have appreciated it more.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Game postponed

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Hopefully this gives AA the chance to give Snit the Twit a good talking to about player usage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    Game postponed
    Wonder who the hell tested positive now

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebe10 View Post
    Wonder who the hell tested positive now
    Looks like really bad weather at the park but that’s definitely a possibility as well.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Phillies account said due to weather, so thats good. Double-header on Sunday.