We obviously know by now Gamel is a Brave and he didn't play a single game last year.

First I'll look at the 2 available projections on Fangraphs with Steamer and Oliver. Ignoring PA the rate stats they have are interesting, both have Gamel hitting well. 114 wRC+ from Steamer and 109 from Oliver.

Now lets look at his major league numbers. Many know that in 2009 Gamel was the 34th on BA's top 100. He took a tumble in 2010 dropping to 89.

Gamel has some serious sample issues in the majors. Only 1 year he had over 100 PA and 3 years he had under 50, 2 if you removed his rookie season where he only had like 1 game he played in.

But we'll lump his numbers together to take a look at his seeming major league abilities.

BB% 8.9 K% 30.5% iso .128

Not a horrible numbers but certainly not the numbers of a starter. Defensively no point even remotely considering a serious look but I will anyway. His UZR150 at 1B -3.5 and 3B -17.0. Hard to really figure out on tiny samples. But reports are that he sucks in the field.

Overall it's a really interesting signing, he really reminds me of Juan Francisco with less power and no defense. Really wish we still had Juan.