Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GDT 8/11- the Touki in the Bronx

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    If Acuna is out for more than 10 days, Pache has to be called up I would think?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    i'm actually still encouraged by Touki last night *shrug*
    still just 1 BB in 4 innings.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-12-2020), jpx7 (08-12-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i'm actually still encouraged by Touki last night *shrug*
    still just 1 BB in 4 innings.
    He was also painting corners pretty well. They are a good team in that park.
    Ivermectin Man

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-12-2020), jpx7 (08-12-2020)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    He was also painting corners pretty well. They are a good team in that park.
    I didn’t watch any of it last night but touki is going to always be victim to the homer. He throws too much breaking stuff not to be. But if he is commanding things then there is hope because he can learn how to pitch that protects him more from the home run ball.
    Coppy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-12-2020)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Touki needs to stay away from that slider IMO. Giving up the 3 run homer on that pitch to that guy hurt. I know he's working on it, but not with two runners on vs the yankees.

I don't want to see Ozuna in the field anymore. Maybe he wants to play for his future contract's sake. He looks like he has really hurt us out there already in a hand full of games.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Touki needs to stay away from that slider IMO. Giving up the 3 run homer on that pitch to that guy hurt. I know he's working on it, but not with two runners on vs the yankees.

I don't want to see Ozuna in the field anymore. Maybe he wants to play for his future contract's sake. He looks like he has really hurt us out there already in a hand full of games.
    Touki's CU is an absolute hammer, with 70 grade movement in both directions. It is quite possibly one of the best CUs in baseball right now.

The SL is good, but perhaps not needed when the CU is so devastating. Dialing in the CU rather than trying to throw both might benefit him.

The FA is also pretty flat, but his SI is quite good.

I agree that he should focus on SI/CU/Split, and should almost certainly be a guy who can go 9-12 batters...perhaps better since he has a truly elite pitch with that CU.

Oh...and Touki most certainly does not "suck". He is a very talented arm who should be able to be developed by a competent management.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 08-12-2020 at 02:04 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-12-2020), salmagundy (08-12-2020), Super (08-12-2020)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Touki's CU is an absolute hammer, with 70 grade movement in both directions. It is quite possibly one of the best CUs in baseball right now.

The SL is good, but perhaps not needed when the CU is so devastating. Dialing in the CU rather than trying to throw both might benefit him.

The FA is also pretty flat, but his SI is quite good.

I agree that he should focus on SI/CU/Split, and should almost certainly be a guy who can go 9-12 batters...perhaps better since he has a truly elite pitch with that CU.

Oh...and Touki most certainly does not "suck". He is a very talented arm who should be able to be developed by a competent management.
    Maybe I've been sporadic here over the last year, but En....is bringing it as usual. Great summary for Touki. I'm more encouraged by this year than when I saw him in the minors and up to now.

When he came over from Kane County, I was praying for the batter, the catcher, and the umpire. You never knew where the pitch was going, but man when he threw that curve and it was "on" it was nasty what he did to hitters. I realize he's got a ways to go, but I'm not over him. (I like that quick pitch. Every time he's done it, he's gotten a swing and miss).